Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

How important is Super Bowl Sunday?

We just scheduled our kiddo's birthday party for Sunday, February 3, 2-4pm. Yes, we're going to be "that" family.

I know that this makes us assholes, but just how big of an asshole are we talking here?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Girl or boy?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Girl. SHE doesn't give a damn about no foosball!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Super Bowl is very important. It keeps lots and lots of people off the hill. Thank you for your service

Meh - Denver isn't in it so...
    Besides, everyone has a screen in their pocket, not to mention a DVR at home.

Good news is that the party will end on time.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Here's how I see it. Regardless of attendance, the invite is binding. You're insuring invites to her friends' bday parties in the future, while potentially reducing the number of meatheads at your daughter's party, which is good for you. The downside is turnout. How bummed is your daughter gonna be if some besties don't show? Being an asshole doesn't factor, IMO.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

game wont start until later afternoon/early evening, you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Super Bowl is very important. It keeps lots and lots of people off the hill. Thank you for your service
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    The downside is turnout. How bummed is your daughter gonna be if some besties don't show? Being an asshole doesn't factor, IMO.
    Yeah, TBH, this is the only thing I care about. We made the decision we had to, based on our schedule (and to work around her junior ski race team schedule, so skiing did factor in). I just hope that it doesn't mess with turnout too much.

How old is the girl? If parents are doing drop offs this may have or may not be a factor

She's turning 8. And parents don't need to stay for the party, just drop off at 2 and pick up at 4 (and we're offering to deliver kiddos back to the parents if the 4pm pick up is problematic).

Its a great day to go skiing.

Kick off isn't till 6:30. Parents are dicks if they can't give up some early drinking hours for a kiddo's party. You don't want your kid associating with people like that anyways.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Super bowl is a pretty big deal here in America in case you didn’t notice. Scheduling a bday party doesn’t make you an asshole but realize that adult super bowl party’s will be in full swing during your party’s time frame and a lot of parents will go to their super bowl parties over the bday party. Heck I bet some kids will want to go to the SB party instead. It usually means lots of other kids will be there having fun and playing.
    Me personally, I don’t really care. If I have nothing else going on, no pow day, I’ll watch it.

well it ain't like its the stanley cup
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

No talking during the commercials!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Why not make it a football themed party? It can be a pre game affair. Still plenty of time for parents to get home before anything important happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Why not make it a football themed party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Girl. SHE doesn't give a damn about no foosball!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I used to love it in the 80's--49ers playing, playoff and superbowl weekends made for some nice light days at Squaw. I hope they start contending again.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I used to love it in the 80's--49ers playing, playoff and superbowl weekends made for some nice light days at Squaw. I hope they start contending again.
    This is what I wish for Denver. Superbowl Sunday was pretty nice on the hills back when Denver was a decent team.

It's still pretty nice, generally... but not THAT nice.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Kick off isn't till 6:30. Parents are dicks if they can't give up some early drinking hours for a kiddo's party. You don't want your kid associating with people like that anyways.
    There's usually drinks for adults at all the kids parties I go to, including ours last week for our two year old. Lighten up, francis.

Wait, parents don't drink at kids birthday parties? Who knew.

I'm pretty sure the kickoff in 4:30 Mountain. Can you move the party up by an hour or at least make sure any events/games are done by 3:30. The situation you are creating is that you are forcing people to choose. That's on you. No big deal, but why?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    All girls coming to the party? Could be football and cheerleader stuff.. pom poms and all

You just eliminated half the turnout of your kids friends. Whether or not you agree with the parents prerogative for doing so is a moot point, it still has that effect. Kickoff in Boulder is 4:30, on second thought if you get half turnout I would be amazed.

You couldn't do it the Saturday before? I find it extremely hard to believe this is the only time you could not host this party some other time. She is 8 years old, your ski racing excuse sounds like a cop out too make yourself feel better.

I mean this isn't like you scheduled it on Christmas, and you live in Boulder so probably a lighter emphasis on football overall, but it is still Super Bowl Sunday in America. Like it or not it is what it is and people have other stuff on the docket that day.
    Live Free or Die