Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Thanks mang.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When's the superbowl?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

They had another supper bowl?

there was nothing super about it

went to bed at halftime

Danno, assuming the option to your kid's bday party was to head up the canyon for a few laps, you can rest easy knowing that you made the right choice. Not only did you get to hang with your kiddo for the day, building memories and all that good stuff, Eldora was a complete shitshow. I figured I'd spin a few laps in the afternoon when people took off to pregame: I have never seen a hill so covered with beginners. It was Gaper Mountain. It was shocking. Corona looked like a Boston street at 2am after St. Patrick's day. Filling up chairs at the lift was like higher math.

I didn't last too long.

And Happy Birthday to yours.

Thanks beece. Good to know I didn't miss much by not skiing! Eldora was pretty normal the day before.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Danno, assuming the option to your kid's bday party was to head up the canyon for a few laps, you can rest easy knowing that you made the right choice. Not only did you get to hang with your kiddo for the day, building memories and all that good stuff, Eldora was a complete shitshow.
    Interesting - Copper was an easy drive up and back (1h15m up, 1h30m back), and *most* lifts (Timberline excepted) had non-existent lift lines.

Conditions were... sporty. Coverage is still pretty good, but bumps were kinda sucky, and shit that hadn't been groomed was scrapey/piley and generally crappy.

Sweet TR follows:
    Surprising crowds at abasin yesterday considering it was superbowl day. After skiing, turned on the game, first TV we watched this year and first football we've watched this season. I surfed the internet while occasionally watching a play or commercial taking a break to go pick up a pizza and some beer. Friends came over at halftime and we watched that, then played a board game when the talking heads came on. After some Wits-And-Wagers, we switch the game off to watch Man in the High Castle. Checked the final score this morning. I haven't seen futbol scores that high since the 2018 FIFA World Cup!

PS Football is boring. They should get rid of halftime and make a rule that there can be a max of 1 minute bullshit per 1 minute of clock play. Also, 25 man rosters like MLB instead of 58.
    PS2 Man some of those commercials were weird though and not entertaining. It made me wonder if I have lost touch with pop culture (as defined by TV).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'd rather have a broken glass enema than be subjected to any televised football game.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I'd rather have a broken glass enema than be subjected to any televised football game.
    Could be worse. One of the players took a shit on the 50 yard line during the National Anthem at The Puppy Bowl..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Could be worse. One of the players took a shit on the 50 yard line during the National Anthem at The Puppy Bowl..
    The Kitty half time show kicked ass!

We did stream Kitten Bowl
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It made me wonder if I have lost touch with pop culture (as defined by TV).
    Sounds like it, and that's a good thing. During the halftime show the guy I was watching with kept saying "But you know this song, right?" and I'm trying desperately to recall if maybe I heard it in the background at the supermarket. The only one I knew was the Outkast song (or at least, one verse from it) that Big Boi did, and that's from what - 2002?

And those Pepsi commercials, I had no idea who these celebrities that I'm supposed to recognize were. Except Steve Carrell, who I just felt bad for.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey