Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 1kg Boot thread

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Said person also wanted a spring skiing/big day boot. And is allergic to hyper-lightweight gear despite having read Benneke's saga.
    That was a factor for them, as you know Just curious as I am obviously always scoping the F1LT and hymning and hawing as I really don't like the overly soft ride on the Pro Tour, (for me). I know others including some writers on WildSnow have found it to be too stiff. I must be top heavy. Skorpius looks great. I am just working out the stiffness issue and seeking from the experience of those with time on both.

@auvgeek
    Funny story, but my wife's coworker bought the Denver house. Small world to have been in that house under two owners in such short order. Your posts from the last storm looked epic!
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Ive owned the F1 LT and Skorpius. The F1 LT is very stiff for what it is and the flex is very abrupt. The Skorpius is not quite as stiff but it is much more progressive so overall it gives you more control, but it also fit me much better than the Scarpa

FYI from Scarpa:
    "We will not be seeing the F1 XT in our lineup this Winter or Spring at all actually. Beyond the Spring season we cannot yet confirm if we will be seeing the F1 XT in our North America lineup."

if you really wanted to get into em this season, there's a couple of yurp retailers that are shipping the f1 xt's to the US. very limited supply at this point, they must be the new 1100gr hotness across the pond right now.
    style matters...

I have the hoji 130 and it is not soft at all. As stiff as my Lange rs130

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gman321 View Post
    Is there a boot in the 1kg class that fits like the Traverse with a lower volume heel?

I have a medium volume forefoot (C width), high instep, lower volume heel, and narrow calves. Atomic Hawx Prime XTD fit me perfectly in the beef boot category. Inbounds I ski a Tecnica Mach 1 MV with a spoiler.

I've been to a bootfitter, but options later in the season were limited. I've tried on:

Atomic Backland Carbon (too narrow in mid and forefoot, but maybe shell molding could solve?)
    Fischer Traverse (too roomy in heel, tons of heel lift)
    Scarpa F1 (felt too low volume all around)

Any others I should take a look at? Planning to try to find a bootfitter who caries other brands.
    I had another session at the bootfitter today with this season's models, and I landed on the Skorpius CR 2. Not 1kg weight-wise, but walks closer to a 1kg boot than a 4 buckle boot. From what I understand this year's model is mostly the same as the previous model with a higher instep. I'm really excited about this boot. It fills the niche of "wide forefoot with a narrow heel pocket", which was really missing from the two buckle boot category imo.

The instep is definitely still not "high", and it doesn't help that the stock liner is suuuper thick right over the instep. My fitter needed to compress the liner and add some room above the instep to make them work, but now they feel good.

I also tried the F1 LT (too narrow in the forefoot while being too loose elsewhere) and the Zero G Peak Carbon (shockingly high volume all around). I would've had to size down to get a proper fit on either of those, which I wouldn't want to do for a boot that's specifically for big days.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Anyone feel like the 1,145g F1-XT (155g more than F1-LT) is getting too close to the 1,320g ZGTP to justify presumably lower skiing performance? That's a 175g difference.

The 330g difference between F1-LT and the ZGTP seems more worth it for long days.
    You can't just look at weight. The walk mode on a 2 buckle boot blows any 4 buckle out of the water.

Does anyone know if the roxa version of the scorpius fits the same? Is it the same boot?

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

So current list:
    Scarpa F1 LT
    Dynafit TLT X
    Salomon s/Lab Mtn Summit
    Technica Zero G Carbon
    I was going to include the Dalbello Asolo revision, but it appears that unit gained 175g.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Does anyone know if the roxa version of the scorpius fits the same? Is it the same boot?

You mean the Roxa RX Tour? Its sort of similar fit wise to the Skorpius, shorter length, less forefoot room, more instep room, similar heel pocket, sort of similar ski performance but the Skorp has the edge there

Haven't really heard anyone talk about the TLT X / Blacklight. What's the fit like on that?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So current list:
    Scarpa F1 LT
    Dynafit TLT X
    Salomon s/Lab Mtn Summit
    Technica Zero G Carbon
    I was going to include the Dalbello Asolo revision, but it appears that unit gained 175g.
    FYI the Salomon S/Lab MTN Summit isn't really a 1 kg boot. Size 25 is 1180 g on my scale. Marketing BS from Salomon... That being said the walk mode is awesome (as expected) and they are probably stiffer than most boots on this list. Unfortunately they don't fit me which is why I'm trying to unload a pair for $500...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Summit-size-25

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    FYI the Salomon S/Lab MTN Summit isn't really a 1 kg boot. Size 25 is 1180 g on my scale. Marketing BS from Salomon... That being said the walk mode is awesome (as expected) and they are probably stiffer than most boots on this list. Unfortunately they don't fit me which is why I'm trying to unload a pair for $500...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Summit-size-25
    Ah.
    Others @ 1kg?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    You mean the Roxa RX Tour? Its sort of similar fit wise to the Skorpius, shorter length, less forefoot room, more instep room, similar heel pocket, sort of similar ski performance but the Skorp has the edge there
    Yes thats the one. This sounds like a pretty good deal

https://www.oliunid.com/roxa-rx-tour...alpinismo.html

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yes thats the one. This sounds like a pretty good deal

https://www.oliunid.com/roxa-rx-tour...alpinismo.html

They're solid boots, I added a power strap onto mine. I skied a lot in them but got rid of them because they weigh and walk about the same as the Skorpius, and for me the fit and ski performance was worse.

Beware, the walk mode on that Roxa boot interferes with most crampon heel levers, which I imagine is why they switched to a different design.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    They're solid boots, I added a power strap onto mine. I skied a lot in them but got rid of them because they weigh and walk about the same as the Skorpius, and for me the fit and ski performance was worse.
    Ok good to know, thanks. Fit soinds ok for me if the instep isnt too high. Roll some pennies and i might have a pair

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Beware, the walk mode on that Roxa boot interferes with most crampon heel levers, which I imagine is why they switched to a different design.
    Oh, that could be a problem. Theyd be used for that application

Grivel has a skimo crampon with the lever on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    I used Leopard crampons when I had 27.5 RX Tours and didn't have issues

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So current list:
    Scarpa F1 LT
    Dynafit TLT X
    Salomon s/Lab Mtn Summit
    Technica Zero G Carbon
    Can anybody reasonably sort these by downhill skiing performance?

I'm in heavily punched tlt7s that have never really fit my feet. Looking at an 10-day-ish traverse this spring so it's probably worth actually buying a boot that fits! Just a liiiiittle more lateral stiffness and fore-aft support would go a long way over the 7s. Seems like any of these boots will skin comparably. I daily drive moment wildcat 108s with them and can have fun on bmt 122s, as well. I have a 110mm forefoot, narrow heel, average instep

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Can anybody reasonably sort these by downhill skiing performance?

I'm in heavily punched tlt7s that have never really fit my feet. Looking at an 10-day-ish traverse this spring so it's probably worth actually buying a boot that fits! Just a liiiiittle more lateral stiffness and fore-aft support would go a long way over the 7s. Seems like any of these boots will skin comparably. I daily drive moment wildcat 108s with them and can have fun on bmt 122s, as well. I have a 110mm forefoot, narrow heel, average instep
    Well stay away from the Salomon’s. They’re narrow the whole way. I’d guess the scarpa, dynafit or zero G will be the easiest to make work.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    So we need way more info to be helpful. Why didn't the TLT7 fit? Where are the punches?

How long are your feet? 110 mm forefoot is wide if they 250mm long and narrowish if they're 300 mm long.

Are your feet high volume everywhere? Low volume with big bunions? etc

Not worth thinking about skiing performance if they don't fit. But honestly, if you can't go try them on, I would recommend you call or write skimo.co. They are the best source of knowledge (in the US) that I've found for comparing light boots, especially because a number of these boots are fairly new.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

thanks, auv. and of course, fit first. Yeah - no one shop locally has all of these boots, so I will be trying them on piecemeal over the next few weeks

Nothing too crazy on my feet, I just have a paddle foot forefoot. I'm in a 275 for the tlt7. on the tlt7, just standing in the shell it rubbed big time on the sixth-toe area. Because of where the seam of the clog sits, they were punched on the inside, not the outside of the clog. Sizeable punches right where my big toe joint is to add forefoot space. Not bunions, just straight up paddle feet - when my foot splays it looks like there is an extra toe's worth of width on the outside from the metatarsal forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Well stay away from the Salomon’s. They’re narrow the whole way. I’d guess the scarpa, dynafit or zero G will be the easiest to make work.
    I feel like you might be talking about a different Salomon boot, the MTN Summit is pretty wide in the forefoot and more narrow in the heel. Salomon actually lists the last as "99/105" (I assume because of it).

As someone with a pizza-slice shaped foot, they were shockingly comfortable when I test fitted a pair.