Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Take a driving course?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If river ice is breaking up on the Hudson, a smaller NY Waterway ferry to HOB ride can be a more exciting one. I don't think a hull has been punctured yet but there's always a first time.

And for fucks sake Benny, no one cares that you use a Pixel 2.
    I just got forced to use Tapatalk. The TGR app won't work anymore, and I can't figure out how to turn off that phone thing now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just got forced to use Tapatalk. The TGR app won't work anymore, and I can't figure out how to turn off that phone thing now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    From the main tapatalk page (ie, before you are in this forum), click on the person icon top right, then settings, then signature.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Was feeling hungry and thinking about this a bit more, and I would continue to highly recommend Nyonya on Grand Street--best Malaysian I've ever had (get the standard Roti Canai for sure--I think everyone gets it--and I really like the Kari Ayam (curry chicken)). Another place is Congee Village, which is Cantonese. I sent a friend's family there awhile back and they said it was literally the highlight of their trip. Same general area (downtown) as Nyonya.

http://congeevillagerestaurants.com/
    [quote][//quote]

- You like Modern Art, go to MoMA. You like classic art, the Met.
    Also if you visit one of the Met (The Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer and The Met Cloisters), you can also visit the rest for free within 3 consecutive days.
    Also check special exhibits before the decision.

- Not interested in musical, so can’t help you.

- Not much shows going on in February and those underground shows won’t be detectable unless you know someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    From the main tapatalk page (ie, before you are in this forum), click on the person icon top right, then settings, then signature.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Absolutely not. Nobody goes there anymore because its too crowded.
    I’m thinking about going there this weekend just because I’ve never been there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    I’m thinking about going there this weekend just because I’ve never been there. lol
    Just a heads up... it is one of their biggest weekends of the year. Christmas break, MLK and Presidents weekend. There's talk of snow this weekend, could be a perfect storm in terms of crowds. Like a lot of mountains, but especially Huntah, the key is to be out there early. If you get caught behind the curve, it's a whole different experience.

live hip hop kind of sucks but SOBs can be cool.

if you can’t pick between met and moma maybe get your art fix at the neue galerie.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

why are you being a jong? hunter is for midweek trips, platty weekends and holidays.

New York City in the winter. Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    why are you being a jong? hunter is for midweek trips, platty weekends and holidays.
    Jong with a job!
    Gotta save my vacation days for Jay and Jackson!!
    Not wasting on Hunter!!!

New York City in the winter. Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Just a heads up... it is one of their biggest weekends of the year. Christmas break, MLK and Presidents weekend. There's talk of snow this weekend, could be a perfect storm in terms of crowds. Like a lot of mountains, but especially Huntah, the key is to be out there early. If you get caught behind the curve, it's a whole different experience.
    I’m out of there by 12-1 on Sunday mornings......I like to say Hunter has the “shortest window of enjoyment”....

I spend most of time lapping K or West...stay off the “screw trails”...that most are on. I like the new North area....will do a lot to spread out crowd...good fall lines.

8-9....coral reef groomers.
    9-11:30....the window of enjoyment/softens/sun feels good....
    12:00 on....scraped off glare ice....with the masses.

12-2....I’m in E lot having beers.

Lol...good times...

Sunday, not Saturday, if you must.

They just put in a new chair. Looks nice.

Make sure you have sharp edges, and be aware of others at all times.

Bunna Cafe in Brooklyn. Ethiopian. I have a generally bland palate/unadventurous taste in food.... but this place was unreal. I can’t stop eating Ethiopian food ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beasttowest View Post
    Bunna Cafe in Brooklyn. Ethiopian. I have a generally bland palate/unadventurous taste in food.... but this place was unreal. I can’t stop eating Ethiopian food ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    close to roberta’s and the new parcour gym

Oh, Ethiopian--Queen of Sheba! Last time there o may have been the only non-Ethiopian in the room.

http://www.shebanyc.com/
    [quote][//quote]

Sunday, not Saturday, if you must.

They just put in a new chair. Looks nice.

Make sure you have sharp edges, and be aware of others at all times.
    Sunday most likely and the edge is sharp.
    I also heard about those charging Jerries.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Sunday most likely and the edge is sharp.
    I also heard about those charging Jerries.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    At Hunter it's not Jerry, it's Tony and Vinny. Yo.

At Hunter it's not Jerry, it's Tony and Vinny. Yo.
    Nah... after all the bars burned to the ground and they killed off the night life, Tony and Vinny don't ski anymore.

I'd agree that Platty is a good way to go on a (holiday) weekend but I think conditions are a bit boney over there. Maybe they'll get dumped on this weekend.

Just say no to Huntah.
    [quote][//quote]

Sweet! Thread delivers ... thanks all. Lots to work with here. SO much stuff going on. feels a little less daunting now though.

No kids on this trip. Best friend, who lives halfway around the world, is in NYC for work. I’m heading over to see him and kick around the city. No real skiing this winter cause I’m injured, so I won’t see anyone at Hunter.

Nutmegchoi - those links are helpful, and your rec’s in the dining thread look great. thanks.

Once I get my basic cultural anchors sorted I’m gonna map out food & drink local to those.

In addition to places from this thread, on my list are: Henry, Russ & Daughters, Atoboy, Chelsea Market, Gupshup, Tabetomo, Ops, and if Colbert tickets don’t work out I’ve got seats at Marea that night. Still open to other ideas.

- One day at MoMA
    - Theatre or dance one eve.
    - Music venue one eve. (Plus/minus on YNW Melly, would be a novelty and I’m pretty easily entertained, but didn’t really grab me. Maybe galactic @ Brooklyn Steel.)
    - Hopefully Colbert and then maybe comedy or improv Monday night? Never seen good comedy.
    - Trade in Sorels and Fitzroy for Timberlands and Nuptse. Take A train to 1998.

Coming together! Now just sort out some good bfast and cocktail spots and find a wine shop to get a couple decent bottles for the hotel room and I’ll be living the dream.

Also check out Brooklyn Bowl.
    Amazing venue for food, drinks and shows.
    I saw Lauryn Hill (3 hours later than posted) there.

https://www.brooklynbowl.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Was feeling hungry and thinking about this a bit more, and I would continue to highly recommend Nyonya on Grand Street--best Malaysian I've ever had (get the standard Roti Canai for sure--I think everyone gets it--and I really like the Kari Ayam (curry chicken)). Another place is Congee Village, which is Cantonese. I sent a friend's family there awhile back and they said it was literally the highlight of their trip. Same general area (downtown) as Nyonya.

http://congeevillagerestaurants.com/
    Man, I loved Congee Village when I lived there. I hit Mah Wah Pork Chop Queen all the time, too. I worked above Blue Smoke, and around the corner from Les Halles. Good times.

Last time I was back was a Xmas midtown experience for my GF. My buddy took us to Il Gattopardo on 54th. It was really good.

No way I'm eating sea cucumber. Crazy Asians.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang