Learn Spanish Apps?

Trying to increase my productivity behind the wheel and learn Spanish, beyond just being able to order Mexican food. I've used Duolingo in the past, but it was on a crappy phone and I didn't really stick with it. I'm hoping to use it on long drives, so I'm looking for something that doesn't involve reading, typing, or pressing buttons - strictly listen and speak. I've got an android phone, if that matters. Seems like there's a bunch of different apps. Anyone know of anything that has worked for anyone?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

what spanish are you trying to learn?

there's always: listen to spanish language radio.

I live in CA, so I guess Mexicanish? Or at least decent Spanglish or whatever the cool kids are speaking nowadays. Unless you think OG Spanish from the motherland would impress the ladies. Listening to Spanish music on the radio just puts me in the mood for tacos and margaritas, but I don't think I'm learning much from it.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Babbel

I liked the "Discover Spanish" podcast.

There is a three or four CD set from way back in the day called "Learn Spanish in Your Car." Starts with basics and has you using relatively elaborate phrases by the end. Traveler centric. Just a translation then the phrase in Spanish a couple of times for you to repeat. I use it as a refresher when I head to MX or Spain. I had a couple of years of high school Spanish 20 years ago--I'm not conversational, but it gives me enough of a reminder of the basics to get around fairly competently.

Fluenz is a great program that my family has been using. It helps you to understand the language, so that you can use the building-block pieces to form your own sentences over time. There's no quick route to this, but I find that the Fluenz program is well thought out and moves along at a good pace.

DuoLingo is a joke. It'll teach you some words but no real ability to speak coherent sentences. Waste of time, IMO.

It's easy. Just watch lots of Mexico City weather forecasts with Yanet Garcia. You'll be fluent before you know it! Well, you'll at least know your days of the week and weather terms really, really well.

I've been hearing about slow news in ________. Basically, it's just folks reading the news in whatever language, but at a speed appropriate for someone learning.

Haven't tried it, but it sounds like a good concept. Much better than 'hola senor, me llamo es paco. ?Que pasa? ?Mire Yanet Garcia en el television? !Me pantalones es en fuego!'

Maybe not. That might just be all that you really need.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

The Duolingo podcasts are good for listening in the car. I also like the Memrise Android app. It has native speakers as opposed to the CPU voices.

Learn Spanish Apps?

Oh that Yanet is fuego!!! That girl is perfection... I listen to a lot of books on Audible, actually bought some learn to speak Spanish books long ago and never listened. So, while I don’t have a good opinion on this I just thought I’d throw out another option. I listen to a shit ton of books there and find it highly entertaining so it’s kind of a win win if you can actually sit through a Spanish book.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!