Maggot price police - Little help here

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I think your prices are fair you just have shit nobody wants.

Try the S7s flat unless the plate fits something other than a Duke. Its a pretty good ski that many people would be happy on.

MegaWatts never got any love despite that fact that they are an awesome powder ski

I'm not sure about the used boot market.

Bottom line: the cool kids are gonna buy the Praxis, ON3P, Moments etc. which are available for the same price. It seems like it happens every year. The indy ski makers sell a lot of skis in presale and then the get flipped after the holidays. This combined with OutdoorProlink, Expertvoice etc. and skis are just cheap on the used market.

Used boots are tough, they usually have the resale value of a worn & unwashed g-string unless an in-demand model in mint condition. Blizzard-made BD skis took the spotlight from the prior models, though those Megawatts would be great for a featherweight BC skier who wants something softer/wider/lighter than Helio116. Shifts killed Dukes, S7 had it's day but there are so many awesome pow skis now.

That S7 117 is the old Super 7 (with the metal in it). A decent ski for it’s day but two iterations ago. I think I scraped $150 out of mine and that was 2-3 years ago.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I bought fairly minty 09 megawatts off CL with tyrolia peak 15 clamps for $125 last year. The 09s were well regarded in the limited maggot reviews. They're also 188s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    I bought fairly minty 09 megawatts off CL with tyrolia peak 15 clamps for $125 last year. The 09s were well regarded in the limited maggot reviews. They're also 188s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm assuming yours are also the Carbons, right? If not, the next sentence is X2. If so, the older Carbon MWs really don't compare to the newest ones (I've skied both). The new ones are almost a lb lighter and yet manage to be stiffer. It really is an amazing ski. I just need to slim the quiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Maggot price police - Little help here

I think your prices are too high for here. Reason being that neither of your skis are desirable on TGR. I know that sounds stupid since I’m sure they’re fine skis - but there’s nothing “cool” about either of those that’ll make someone excited to add them to their quiver. Which means your buyer is probably someone looking for something cheap.

Megawatts are probably worth maybe a couple hundred bucks? Besides not being well regarded (even though they may actually kick ass) the short size is an issue too. To put these in perspective I sold some 138’s for sub $200 recently.

The S7 with dukes? Dukes are maybe worth like $50 - $75. You could go a little higher for the skis - maybe $100? Also for some perspective I sold a 4 flex, 194 Quixote for $325 last week.

It’s also a terrible time of year to sell stuff which is why so many good skis are sitting on GS right now. By now most buyers probably already set their quiver. So again your buyer is probably someone who takes a flyer on a cheap ski.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 01-15-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Try SidelineSwap my buddy has had good luck shifting less TGR admired gear there.

I think they're the older, burlier, non-carbon model.

boots 50$

skis less
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi