Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    clarification #2 - pending withdrawal is for exact amount that was in the account
    i for sure cant withdraw my entire balance via CC, unless for some reason it goes lower than my daily limits. I think i can do like $3K a day in debit purchases, and I think $500 or $1K daily cash out. maybe change those limits on the debit? It does sound like a transfer to me. Maybe they got your online banking pw?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    he mentions twice it was the exact amount, so that's not a purchase with a debit card. Still doesn't explain how the bank does not know what kind of transaction it is. Debit, wire, transfer, what?
    Yup caught that now. Thanks. I guess I was thinking about my experience where they used my debit online to make a purchase for more than the account contained.

If they had the pin they could have checked the balance at an ATM, yes?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

OP, after you get this sorted; find a new bank. While it's a major PITA, it's alarming that they can't determine in what capacity your money was withdrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Good point. And if eastorbust had a low amount to withdraw, it would be all gone. My ATM withdrawn max is $500 a day with Chase. So it's hard to do a big withdrawl with a debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Good point. And if eastorbust had a low amount to withdraw, it would be all gone. My ATM withdrawn max is $500 a day with Chase. So it's hard to do a big withdrawl with a debit card.

This happened to me a few years ago. One morning I noticed my balance was next to zero. There were a bunch of charges from a bunch of convenience stores in Pennsylvania all the same chain over a period of a few hours. Maybe they were able to steal my password or maybe not, I never found out. I don’t know anyone from PA, and haven’t travelled there recently.

The bank told me to file a police report, which I did. Then they went about reversing the charges, which took about a week. Faster than I expected.

Someone got into your bank, either online or in person. There’s no way they could withdraw the EXACT amount you had in your account without seeing your balance.
    I’d start changing your passwords Kanye.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Don't play any games on social media that ask random questions about you. That's all Ive got.

Have lots of cash.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Someone got into your bank, either online or in person. There’s no way they could withdraw the EXACT amount you had in your account without seeing your balance.
    This seems likely. Also, use two-factor authentication if your bank/CU website offers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This seems likely. Also, use two-factor authentication if your bank/CU website offers it.
    And expand this advice to EVERY website you use that has multi-factor auth available.

And if your bank/CU doesn't offer it... request that they get their shit together NOW and make it happen.

When it comes to bank fraud, why not defer to the master of bank fraud. I give you Frank Abignale Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsMydMDi3rI

Cut to about 40 minutes in. He loves the protection of credit cards over debit.

The whole thing is pretty good if you have an hour.