Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ^ ?REally?

Ms. MT has like drool hanging out her mouth when Nadal is on. Doesn't even blink. And serously, I sent her to the open in 2010 I think, with a couple of her friends. Somehow, 8 out of 10 pictures she took were of Nadal changing shirts.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    ^ ?REally?

Ms. MT has like drool hanging out her mouth when Nadal is on. Doesn't even blink. And serously, I sent her to the open in 2010 I think, with a couple of her friends. Somehow, 8 out of 10 pictures she took were of Nadal changing shirts.
    Well, yeah! And he wasn't going bald back then (NTTIAWWT). Nice gift for the Ms!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    Nice gift for the Ms!!
    Well, I didn't pay for the friends, just her -
    "Can't you see..."

Gotta keep this awesome thread rolling eh!!??

So watched the last set of Djoko/Rafa. Hot damn that was some fine tennis by the Serb. Quite fitting that he got the cup from Lendl (one of my tennis heros for sure) setting a new record for most wins at the Aussie. Men's tennis is healthy these days.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Some good tennis getting played in Acapulco right now. Crazy Kyprios (double entendre) Nadal match. Could Nick really have been sick, scary good player if he can get by Nadal not at 100%. So entertaining and weird.

The Ferrer Zverev match shaping up to be very good too with some amazing long rallies. Another young gun looking good.

Paging Gary, WTF are you? skiing or some crap? two words

FELIX AUGER ALISSAME.

ok three. God save the cheif, or all hail the the queen, or Oh shames! or whatever canada sings, that dude is the stuff! Kinda doing what I thought spavaloff would.
    Last edited by Marshall Tucker; 03-11-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    "Can't you see..."

really wanted to see Tiaphoe win Friday or Saturday whenever. Backstory on that guy is amazing.
    "Can't you see..."

Looks like Serena's health issues are back. Didn't Venus also have some kind of autoimmune thing that pretty much took her out of top level championship caliber play?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fuck serena (figuratively, please).

her court manners, which are historically bad, have been awful for a year or more now. She's an embarasment to the US regardless of how much she wins.

I was pulling for azarenka; now that's a class act. All business and no drama.
    "Can't you see..."

The worst part is when people try to excuse Serena's behavior and make it some kind of sexism issue, like if she were a man we wouldn't say anything. "LOOK AT MCENROE!!" Yeah, everyone thought he was a whiny bitch too, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Paging Gary, WTF are you? skiing or some crap? two words

FELIX AUGER ALISSAME.

ok three. God save the cheif, or all hail the the queen, or Oh shames! or whatever canada sings, that dude is the stuff! Kinda doing what I thought spavaloff would.
    Hell man, just skiing and watching tennis. Got an on hill rental at Castle for 77 days and the place has the cable, watching more tennis than I have in years, also skiing more in a short time than I have in years. Life's good.

But on topic - the young gun with multiple names has been on my radar for a bit. We've got some depth and youth in Canuckian tennis these days what with the young female gun Andreescu (18) and the only 18 year old man in the top 100 (Felix), along with the only 19 yr old in the top 100 (Shapo).

Just watch Felix lose a heartbreaker to Nishioka at Indian Wells.. very entertaning match. Go Milos and Shapo in the desert!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Yeah, wanted to see him win. thought he would do it. Milos pulled out a squeeker.
    "Can't you see..."

Yeah Shapo! Nice win over Cilic, some decent white rap too... New crowd favorite in tennis.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

^ I didn't see it but Ms MT said it was cringe-worthy; stick to tennis.
    "Can't you see..."

One word: Andreescu.
    Fuck.

(oh shit, that's two words)

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Sofia Kenin!

Is anyone else just dumbstruck at the longevity currently on display in tennis, particularly on the men’s side?

I remember watching Rafa in college at the Cincinnati Masters thinking this guy who can barely stand to walk around a hard court is an unreal talent won’t last another year. I think that was 6 or 7 majors ago, lol.

He’s not alone. Delpo was an afterthought for so long, the Williams Sisters were supposed be long gone by now.

Fed, happily retired.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying all of it. I just don’t know how it’s all lasted this long.
    I still call it The Jake.

"better living through chemicals"
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Is anyone else just dumbstruck at the longevity currently on display in tennis, particularly on the men’s side?

I remember watching Rafa in college at the Cincinnati Masters thinking this guy who can barely stand to walk around a hard court is an unreal talent won’t last another year. I think that was 6 or 7 majors ago, lol.

He’s not alone. Delpo was an afterthought for so long, the Williams Sisters were supposed be long gone by now.

Fed, happily retired.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying all of it. I just don’t know how it’s all lasted this long.
    Serena is in her swan song. Some days she doesn’t have it. In her loss to Kenin she didn’t move well and her forehand was flying - maybe from the bad footwork

I would not be surprised to see her do well at Wimbledon or the us open because of faster courts

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rafa vs Fed tomorrow morning. Want to see Fed win but Rafa is just too good on clay. Hoping for a 5 set thriller.

Roger is playing great and said he entered hoping to play Rafa.

It’s gonna be gritty. I’m waking up early to watch live.

Same, I’ve been looking forward to this. Who knows how many more we get.
    I still call it The Jake.

Oooof. Early break. C’mon Fed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Fed was a no show. Tough conditions mind you, and Rafa would not be denied. A Rafa/Djoko final would be sweet (unfortunately I won't be able to watch it...).

And, where the fuck were the Canucks??? Thank god for the Raptors....

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Fed needed that second set. It was there for him. Suck it played out like it did.