Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 696
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,889
    Or how about this classic. One of my favs:


  2. #377
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    “God Don’t Like Ugly!”: That Time A Confederate Flag Parade Ended In A Pickup Truck Crash

    https://www.fastcompany.com/3047987/...in-a-pickup-tr
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,331
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    “God Don’t Like Ugly!”: That Time A Confederate Flag Parade Ended In A Pickup Truck Crash

    https://www.fastcompany.com/3047987/...in-a-pickup-tr
    Well, in their defense, it’s hard to avoid rear ending your confederate brethren when you’re fapping to Benghazi porn.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,519
    Was he strangling that poor dog??

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,087

    PSA: You drive like an asshole!!

    A friendly reminder:

    Half of you jackasses coming back from the mountains are driving like total assholes.

    Basically half or more of the traffic jams are made far worse, if not outright caused, by your inability to drive properly.

    Two crucial things to rememberYou fucking morons.

    1) when merging into the highway, DO NOT go straight from the on ramp and force a merge immediately, crossing that solid white line. USE the acceleration lane to pick up enough speed to merge further down at a higher speed. THe failure to do so causes much of the highway backups and slow downs and crossing that white line is ILLEGAL.

    2) get the fuck out of the left lane. Guess what, when you decide that there is no more getting over to the right unless actively passing the two or three lane highway becomes effectively a one lane road without passing zones. That fucks it up and is one key reason the highway canít get back up to reasonable speed. YOURE BLOCKING THE HIGHWAY MORON!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On the field
    Posts
    684
    European drivers are the best.
    They never block the outside lanes.
    It is very frustrating especially on 2 lane highways like the Taconic or NY Thruway.

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    38,069
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    “God Don’t Like Ugly!”: That Time A Confederate Flag Parade Ended In A Pickup Truck Crash

    https://www.fastcompany.com/3047987/...in-a-pickup-tr

    "I wonder what kind of motherfuckin' parade we can have?"

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,135
    A friendly reminder:

    Half of you jackasses coming back from the mountains are driving like total assholes.
    No offence but...get used to it, this is 'Merica. We gots a right to drive like assholes. You zippy muthafuckas need to either relax, leave earlier or stay home.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,929
    Plus, everyone knows that in the era moderne the right lane is for passing.

    For example, while inching up the clog of traffic going up Snoqualmie Pass yesterday, the left two lanes were going more slowly than my manual eurowagon can go in first.

    However, the right lane sat empty for the most part, randomly seasoned with those fine fellows who deemed it unnecessary to chain up earlier. So, exercising my right to be an asshole, I moved over to the rightmost lane and, in an inch or so of slush, blasted by the inching wads of lemmings in the left lanes.

    Of course, for those brilliant last chaineruppers, I deftly merged left to avoid sloshing them with what might be a deserved wall of slush, then moved back right to continue.

    The skiing was full blown mediocre.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 01-06-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    A friendly reminder:

    Half of you jackasses coming back from the mountains are driving like total assholes.

    Basically half or more of the traffic jams are made far worse, if not outright caused, by your inability to drive properly.

    Two crucial things to rememberYou fucking morons.

    1) when merging into the highway, DO NOT go straight from the on ramp and force a merge immediately, crossing that solid white line. USE the acceleration lane to pick up enough speed to merge further down at a higher speed. THe failure to do so causes much of the highway backups and slow downs and crossing that white line is ILLEGAL.

    2) get the fuck out of the left lane. Guess what, when you decide that there is no more getting over to the right unless actively passing the two or three lane highway becomes effectively a one lane road without passing zones. That fucks it up and is one key reason the highway canít get back up to reasonable speed. YOURE BLOCKING THE HIGHWAY MORON!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    To add to this... impatient, entitled, asshats trying to pass an employee shuttle down the access road at AZ Snowbowl at the end of the day on Saturday. I mean really, can it get any more fucked up than that? Trying to pass a bus on a twisty mtn road thatís a double yellow so you can save 5 fucking minutes. What could go wrong?!

    I really enjoy AZSB but the Phoenix ganster-brobrah-gaper crowd is beyond belief.

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,377
    The I-95 Asshole Song

    https://youtu.be/IU_y9FB0QKk
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  12. #387
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,735
    People who claim that European drivers never drive on the left except to pass have little or no experience driving in Europe. Yes, when traffic is light, as it frequently is on European freeways outside of cities, people drive that way. But when traffic is heavy, Europeans drive the same way Americans do --filling all lanes. When people are driving home from the mountains after a weekend of skiing the highways are typically full in all lanes. The asshole is the person who expects the car in front of him in the left lane to get out of the way, and then the next car, and the next, and the next. All these people the asshole wants out of his way are just as eager to drive faster than he is but hopefully not as entitled.

    Or look at it this way--everyone is in the right lane except to pass. Because traffic is heavy the right lane is at a crawl. So people pull into the left lane to pass, as they are supposed to do, and they stay there, passing cars until enough people have pulled into the left lane that the two lanes are at roughly the same speed. The real asshole is the person who keeps switching lanes in the vain hope of going faster, meanwhile forcing people to hit the brakes, which slows up everyone. If we all calm the fuck down, stay in our lanes, stay far enough back to avoid hitting the brakes, we will all get home faster.

    And while we're at it, stop speeding through residential neighborhoods trying to bypass the crowds and getting on the freeway an entrance or two farther down--meanwhile slowing everyone else down as you try to merge. Same thing applies to people who try to pass on the shoulders. Try to remember that when the roads are crowded you're just as much a part of the problem as everyone else, and you have no special privileges to go faster than them.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,093
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    People who claim that European drivers never drive on the left except to pass have little or no experience driving in Europe. Yes, when traffic is light, as it frequently is on European freeways outside of cities, people drive that way. But when traffic is heavy, Europeans drive the same way Americans do --filling all lanes. When people are driving home from the mountains after a weekend of skiing the highways are typically full in all lanes. The asshole is the person who expects the car in front of him in the left lane to get out of the way, and then the next car, and the next, and the next. All these people the asshole wants out of his way are just as eager to drive faster than he is but hopefully not as entitled.

    Or look at it this way--everyone is in the right lane except to pass. Because traffic is heavy the right lane is at a crawl. So people pull into the left lane to pass, as they are supposed to do, and they stay there, passing cars until enough people have pulled into the left lane that the two lanes are at roughly the same speed. The real asshole is the person who keeps switching lanes in the vain hope of going faster, meanwhile forcing people to hit the brakes, which slows up everyone. If we all calm the fuck down, stay in our lanes, stay far enough back to avoid hitting the brakes, we will all get home faster.

    And while we're at it, stop speeding through residential neighborhoods trying to bypass the crowds and getting on the freeway an entrance or two farther down--meanwhile slowing everyone else down as you try to merge. Same thing applies to people who try to pass on the shoulders. Try to remember that when the roads are crowded you're just as much a part of the problem as everyone else, and you have no special privileges to go faster than them.
    get out of here with your rational talk that doesn't acknowledge our status as entitled experts!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,557
    And still some people doubt the inevitability of self-driving cars.


  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    get out of here with your rational talk that doesn't acknowledge our status as entitled experts!
    Happy to get out of here in my helicopter flying over all you peons stuck in traffic. (I actually knew a Davis, CA surgeon who owned a helicopter but he crashed and sank it in LakeTahoe. He was unhurt at least.)

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    38,069
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    People who claim that European drivers never drive on the left except to pass have little or no experience driving in Europe. Yes, when traffic is light, as it frequently is on European freeways outside of cities, people drive that way. But when traffic is heavy, Europeans drive the same way Americans do --filling all lanes. When people are driving home from the mountains after a weekend of skiing the highways are typically full in all lanes. The asshole is the person who expects the car in front of him in the left lane to get out of the way, and then the next car, and the next, and the next. All these people the asshole wants out of his way are just as eager to drive faster than he is but hopefully not as entitled.

    Or look at it this way--everyone is in the right lane except to pass. Because traffic is heavy the right lane is at a crawl. So people pull into the left lane to pass, as they are supposed to do, and they stay there, passing cars until enough people have pulled into the left lane that the two lanes are at roughly the same speed. The real asshole is the person who keeps switching lanes in the vain hope of going faster, meanwhile forcing people to hit the brakes, which slows up everyone. If we all calm the fuck down, stay in our lanes, stay far enough back to avoid hitting the brakes, we will all get home faster.

    And while we're at it, stop speeding through residential neighborhoods trying to bypass the crowds and getting on the freeway an entrance or two farther down--meanwhile slowing everyone else down as you try to merge. Same thing applies to people who try to pass on the shoulders. Try to remember that when the roads are crowded you're just as much a part of the problem as everyone else, and you have no special privileges to go faster than them.
    Well, in the last five years I have hundreds of miles under my belt in Italy and Spain, so, I differ. Left lane banditry is almost non existent over there. It's remarkable to see. Sure, it gets nuts around urban centers, but, asshole moves are rare to see, like the good old last minute swerve into an exit, passing a long line already politely getting off, which really fucks things up for the rest of us. Where they drive you nuts, especially in Italy, is tailgating and then passing on two lane roads in places they shouldn't even think about it. Furgetabout the motorcycle/Vespa riders, and the shit they pull. Why you don't see more of them getting shoveled off the road is a mystery.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    38,069
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And still some people doubt the inevitability of self-driving cars.

    How is that going to improve things?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,929
    I spend at least as much time on the road each week as most people spend working so I spend a lot of time in the left lane because it's safer, smoother, easier on me and the car and because I tend to drive between 10-20 over. I love it when I'm passing everyone and someone comes up on me and expects me to get into the middle or right lane and stand on the brakes as I slide in because 15 over isn't sufficient. Chances are that move will cause a bunch of people to brake and fuck up the traffic flow and it could be miles before I can even get out of that lane again. Fuck him. I was already passing and where I belonged and if that other vehicle wants to go faster than that they can figure it out on their own without endangering me and everyone else. It always seemed to me that as long as you're passing it's ok to be in the left lane.

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How is that going to improve things?
    Name:  eb6.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  41.6 KB

  20. #395
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Where bankers' bankers breed
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I spend at least as much time on the road each week as most people spend working so I spend a lot of time in the left lane because it's safer, smoother, easier on me and the car and because I tend to drive between 10-20 over. I love it when I'm passing everyone and someone comes up on me and expects me to get into the middle or right lane and stand on the brakes as I slide in because 15 over isn't sufficient. Chances are that move will cause a bunch of people to brake and fuck up the traffic flow and it could be miles before I can even get out of that lane again. Fuck him. I was already passing and where I belonged and if that other vehicle wants to go faster than that they can figure it out on their own without endangering me and everyone else. It always seemed to me that as long as you're passing it's ok to be in the left lane.
    As someone who drives a lot faster than 10-20 over, you need to get out of the way. Sorry.
    All the years combine
    they melt into a dream

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    As someone who drives a lot faster than 10-20 over, you need to get out of the way. Sorry.
    To his point, though - he should get over when it's safe for him to do so *without* impacting traffic in the right lane.

    To your point - yeah, people should get the fuck over when they can to let faster drivers past.

  22. #397
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,348
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    To add to this... impatient, entitled, asshats trying to pass an employee shuttle down the access road at AZ Snowbowl at the end of the day on Saturday. I mean really, can it get any more fucked up than that? Trying to pass a bus on a twisty mtn road thatís a double yellow so you can save 5 fucking minutes. What could go wrong?!

    I really enjoy AZSB but the Phoenix ganster-brobrah-gaper crowd is beyond belief.
    AZSB FTW! Skied there once in '92 when it was Fairfield Snow Bowl as a fun diversion on a cross country drive that was not otherwise a ski trip. Had fun. I went back there in the fall 9 mos later as part of a college field trip. Fall foliage was pretty cool. Nothing like VT, however very cool.

  23. #398
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,135
    Now we are back in character! Continue with the entitled twatishness. Me, I'm just hoping to make it to the grocery store and back without seeing by life flash before me for the first time in 2 weeks.

  24. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How is that going to improve things?
    We're gonna run the empty cars in the right lane instead of dealing with parking. If I'm out skiing and my car's doing laps in the highway it can't have an effect on anyone else, right?

    Plus why should I leave my car in the back of the lot, it'll just pick me up at the front when it's time to go.

  25. #400
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    38,069
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Name:  eb6.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  41.6 KB
    Oh really. Elon said the world would be covered in them by now, How's that working out?

    Hey, I have an idea for you. If traffic is so bad, and most people suck at driving, how about everyone take, gulp, a bus, or, good lord, a train. Imagine that. Instead of fifty cars waiting in traffic, with 25% of them being jerks, one vehicle like a bus holds all of them! Problem solved! Instead, of, you know, a million little shitboxes buzzing about (literally shit, and pukeboxes. You can imagine what riders will do in them) sitting in their own little robot traffic hell.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •