Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yup pennies are great for this. Been there done that. It works better if you have a sunroof or an old Jeep with no top
    My nephew does that. I was kinda shocked when he told me. I tried to convince him to stop and suggested using some kind of sticky candy like gummy worms. He found that amusing but thankfully he stop doing that with pennies. Now he uses nickles and dimes. Pennies have been taken out of circulation in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    My nephew does that. I was kinda shocked when he told me. I tried to convince him to stop and suggested using some kind of sticky candy like gummy worms. He found that amusing but thankfully he stop doing that with pennies. Now he uses nickles and dimes. Pennies have been taken out of circulation in Canada
    I got more than a few handfuls of Canadian pennies that found their way south. You can have them.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I got more than a few handfuls of Canadian pennies that found their way south. You can have them.
    I would prefer you send me some Benjamin Franklin's instead but thanks anyway

People think its great to cause physical damage with metal objects, block the vision of other drivers with oil on a windshield, and cause car wrecks, because other people are driving like assholes.

This is why you should check your attitude. Because this world has enough people with questionable self control and questionable morals... someone is gonna get killed and someone is gonna end up in jail. Which will you be?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

My mom always said it isn’t funny until someone gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    People think its great to cause physical damage with metal objects, block the vision of other drivers with oil on a windshield, and cause car wrecks, because other people are driving like assholes.
    This behavior puts you squarely in the asshole column in my world.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    This behavior puts you squarely in the asshole column in my world.
    I'm a bit shocked how many people are admitting to being selfish psychos

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Speed matchers. You're rolling along on cruise control and catching up to someone who the decides to match your speed. It's just a matter of time until you get blocked in by another auto. Or there's the wonderful experience of driving for miles with another vehicle a few feet away.
    Everyday.

I have been wondering if it is the adaptive cruise control locking on some how? I usually just accellerate enough to get around them a then merge back to the right and then return to my regularly scheduled programming.

I’ve come to believe that this assholishness is at the core of most traffic problems.

I can’t get over right because that’s inconvenient to me.

I can’t let people pass me because then I lose

I can’t stand people being too close so I’ll brake check

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I’ve come to believe that this assholishness is at the core of most traffic problems.

If *only* there was some hope of REMOVING the human from this equation... we'd all be better off. Oh, wait.

/brokenrecord

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

I play a game on my commutes, it is about helping out other drivers.

If I see someone trying to merge or turn and by either speeding up or slowing down I can help them I get a point. During my 50 mile commute I try for at least 5 points. If I get 5 points I reward myself.

Lol. Small town people are always shocked when they see the drivers in big towns and cities be selfish assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

If I see someone trying to merge or turn and by either speeding up or slowing down I can help them I get a point. During my 50 mile commute I try for at least 5 points. If I get 5 points I reward myself.
    Some beers?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

That or a particularly nice nug. Some Ben & Jerrys now and again. Mix it up ya know.

I think that in the world we live just doing something that is helpful for others even though they may never know makes me feel better about myself.

[Puking emoticon]

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Lol. Small town people are always shocked when they see the drivers in big towns and cities be selfish assholes.
    I spent 5 years commuting to Denver... which had nothing on Chicago or NYC... which looked like Peoria compared to Naples Italy, which looked like a friendly farm town compared to Chengdu.

Actually in Chengdu the 7 lucky rules were simple:
    1. If your bumper is 1cm in front of the vehicle in the next lane, you may forcibly merge and they have the right to stuff the brakes
    2. all lanes are turning lanes no matter how many you cut across
    3. he who gets to the intersection first has the right of way - traffic signals are suggestions
    4. all emergency lights and sirens shall be ignored
    5. do not report accidents unless there is an injury or disabled vehicle lest the cops will scold you for wasting their time
    6. 80kph around blind 1 lane switchbacks in fog is fine as long as you honk a lot
    7. no flinching, go for it 七!

But aggro/selfish driving maneuvers are not the same thing as intentionally destroying property and causing bodily injury out of a sense of self-righteousness.

I throw banana peels and apple cores at the drivers who need a wake up. No damage.

You should have seen the way Japanese drivers are. They leave a full car length between cars at traffic lights. No horns honking. No cellphones in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    I throw banana peels and apple cores at the drivers who need a wake up. No damage.
    That's very green of you.

If you check brake, you not only drive like an asshole, you are an asshole and stupid as well.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Speed matchers. You're rolling along on cruise control and catching up to someone who the decides to match your speed. It's just a matter of time until you get blocked in by another auto. Or there's the wonderful experience of driving for miles with another vehicle a few feet away.
    That happened to me this weekend.

I was driving home and a guy became unaware that there was a solid 150 yard gap between him and the next car in the left lane. I swing into the middle lane and go to pass him but he see's me swing wide and starts to speed up. I've got the momentum as we were heading up a hill so I am able to get ahead of him with enough space to pull in ahead of him (2 car lengths).

Unfortunately, as I'm pulling in, the genius driver ahead of me hits his brakes (PSA people, gravity naturally slows you down going up a hill) about 20 yards away from the car in front of him who has tapped his brakes as well as he crested over the top. My natural reaction is to tap my brakes slightly but the guy behind me is hauling ass still as he is pissed off at me for passing him.

He rides right up my ass and decides to flash me and give me the finger. I get it, he's pissed I tapped my brakes after merging in ahead of him. Unfortunately I couldn't control the guy ahead of me and didn't really want to rear end him. However, for the next 40 miles he is straight up riding my ass (less than a car length behind me) as we're going between 65-75mph in relatively heavy traffic.

It clears up a bit and he decides to try to pass me. At this point, I'm just going the speed of traffic in the left lane(probably 70-75mph) while maintaining a completely reasonable gap between me and the car ahead. He swings all the way into the right-hand lane, guns it to about 85mph+, puts down his window and gives me the finger.

Karma decided he wasn't going to get away with that and he gets boxed in by a car ahead of him and a car in the center lane so he has to swing back into the left lane if he wants to continue at the fastest speed possible.

I'm laughing at this point. But he's not done. Another gap opens up where he can swing to the right-hand lane and try to pass me again. This time he waves at me as he goes by. And what do you know, once again, he gets boxed in and has to swing back to the left hand lane.

At this point, I'm dying of laughter as is the rest of my car and he knows it. Finally, enough of a gap opens up for him to pass us only for him to get off at the exit ramp literally 300 yards away.

Definitely one of the bigger assholes I've encountered recently.

But seriously, it seems a lot of people forget that if you want to slow down going up a hill, take your foot off the gas before slamming on the brakes. It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    That happened to me this weekend.

I was driving home and a guy became unaware that there was a solid 150 yard gap between him and the next car in the left lane. I swing into the middle lane and go to pass him but he see's me swing wide and starts to speed up. I've got the momentum as we were heading up a hill so I am able to get ahead of him with enough space to pull in ahead of him (2 car lengths).

Unfortunately, as I'm pulling in, the genius driver ahead of me hits his brakes (PSA people, gravity naturally slows you down going up a hill) about 20 yards away from the car in front of him who has tapped his brakes as well as he crested over the top. My natural reaction is to tap my brakes slightly but the guy behind me is hauling ass still as he is pissed off at me for passing him.

He rides right up my ass and decides to flash me and give me the finger. I get it, he's pissed I tapped my brakes after merging in ahead of him. Unfortunately I couldn't control the guy ahead of me and didn't really want to rear end him. However, for the next 40 miles he is straight up riding my ass (less than a car length behind me) as we're going between 65-75mph in relatively heavy traffic.

It clears up a bit and he decides to try to pass me. At this point, I'm just going the speed of traffic in the left lane(probably 70-75mph) while maintaining a completely reasonable gap between me and the car ahead. He swings all the way into the right-hand lane, guns it to about 85mph+, puts down his window and gives me the finger.

Karma decided he wasn't going to get away with that and he gets boxed in by a car ahead of him and a car in the center lane so he has to swing back into the left lane if he wants to continue at the fastest speed possible.

I'm laughing at this point. But he's not done. Another gap opens up where he can swing to the right-hand lane and try to pass me again. This time he waves at me as he goes by. And what do you know, once again, he gets boxed in and has to swing back to the left hand lane.

At this point, I'm dying of laughter as is the rest of my car and he knows it. Finally, enough of a gap opens up for him to pass us only for him to get off at the exit ramp literally 300 yards away.

Definitely one of the bigger assholes I've encountered recently.

But seriously, it seems a lot of people forget that if you want to slow down going up a hill, take your foot off the gas before slamming on the brakes. It's not rocket science.
    Yeah but HE won the race in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

You give yourself self fellatio?

One of you road ragers was caught on video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuJYRYXB...d=1ah1vi04h6ly

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    One of you road ragers was caught on video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuJYRYXB...d=1ah1vi04h6ly
    Meth is a helluva drug