Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 684
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,082

    PSA: You drive like an asshole!!

    Hey fuckwits!

    You are driving like a total asshole and should have your ass beaten when you:

    - drive 10 mph under the speed limit and refuse to ever pull over

    - drive 1 mph under the speed limit in your fancy BMW X25 (or insert fancy sports car that you drive like a pussy) until a passing lane than suddenly go 9mph over

    - stay in the left lane when not passing

    - canít see the fucking speed limit signs and drive 35 in a 55, 45 in a 60, etc

    - merge before the merge lane allows merging or immediately as soon as itís allowed, leaving hundreds of feet of acceleration lane open = instant traffic jam.

    - donít allow people who properly use merging/alteration lanes to merge in at the END of the merge lane.

    - on 3 lane roads wonít get over to the third lane while passing and drivers in right lane are signaling to switch into the middle lane.

    Ad Nausem

    What can you add?




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    728
    Amen

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,935
    Shocking, how could such a thing happen?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,829
    Don't know what a turn signal is.

    Don't know what a crosswalk is.

    Don't know how and when to turn your headlights on.

    Don't know that your truck or suburban assault vehicle can't stop in one car length.

    Can't put your phone down for even one fucking second.

    Can't merge.

    Can't park.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,687
    For real entertainment watch retired tourists in RVs try to negotiate a traffic circle
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    Tonight, movie theater parking lot, really good spot up front. Saw family walking past. Got in car. Started car. Saw me stop and put blinker on. Sat for 3 minutes with engine running. Put car in reverse and sat for another SIX minutes with reverse lights on and foot on brake. I waited the entire time.. They then backed up one FOOT then sat another 2 minutes before finally backing out. I wasn't in a hurry and we just chilled laughing at all the cars stuck behind me who would sit for about 1-2 minutes before swinging out around me.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Hey fuckwits!

    You are driving like a total asshole and should have your ass beaten when you:

    - drive 10 mph under the speed limit and refuse to ever pull over

    - drive 1 mph under the speed limit in your fancy BMW X25 (or insert fancy sports car that you drive like a pussy) until a passing lane than suddenly go 9mph over

    - stay in the left lane when not passing

    - canít see the fucking speed limit signs and drive 35 in a 55, 45 in a 60, etc

    - merge before the merge lane allows merging or immediately as soon as itís allowed, leaving hundreds of feet of acceleration lane open = instant traffic jam.

    - donít allow people who properly use merging/alteration lanes to merge in at the END of the merge lane.

    - on 3 lane roads wonít get over to the third lane while passing and drivers in right lane are signaling to switch into the middle lane.

    Ad Nausem

    What can you add?




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

    People that merge into adjacent lanes of traffic without looking.

    I am the guy that drives to the end of the line to the merge point lately. Pretty sure everyone blocking the intersection thinks I am an asshole. Since I'm not, I regulate my speed so there is a spot for the next merging traffic 200 feet after the first.

    Was turning left across a busy intersection and used the center turn lane to get across traffic coming from the left. Someone coming from behind thought it was appropriate to come to a complete stop and back up 15 cars with a green light in front of them so I could merge. Having no interest in being in front of such a driver I just waited until they decided to go. My wife thinks I am the asshole in that scenario.

    We all make mistakes driving, but more and more there is a large amount of self absorbed, distracted drivers that scare the shit out of me. For example, I am hesitant to be first across an intersection after a light switches from red to green anymore.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,182
    So called professional semi drivers that pass each other at sub 1 mph speed differential.

    Every fucking day.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    iím a right lane passing champion and asshole in the lift line
    Right lane = fast lane duhhhhhh


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    So called professional semi drivers that pass each other at sub 1 mph speed differential.

    Every fucking day.
    A lot of semis and buses have governors to limit top speed. Most of the ones that don't have tracking computers monitoring them and reporting the stats to their employers and the TSB whenever one gets in a fatal wreck. So, ya that snail race on the interstate is a common occurrence and direct result of those regulatory efforts.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    HR
    Posts
    286
    Random braking for no apparent reason. You can drive the speed limit down our local mountain without ever hitting your brakes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    A lot of semis and buses have governors to limit top speed. Most of the ones that don't have tracking computers monitoring them and reporting the stats to their employers and the TSB whenever one gets in a fatal wreck. So, ya that snail race on the interstate is a common occurrence and direct result of those regulatory efforts.
    Then they shouldn't pass. They are "professionals" who know how fast their vehicle is allowed to go.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Then they shouldn't pass. They are "professionals" who know how fast their vehicle is allowed to go.
    Why shouldn't they be allowed to pass another vehicle that's going 2 mph less than theirs is? As long as they're not using the passing lane while not passing, albeit passing VERY s l o w l y it's within their right. I hate it too but they're going to go their max even if that means taking forever to pass others going slightly slower than their max..

    I bet you also hate cyclists riding in a pack climbing on a 2 lane mountain highway.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,580
    Dumbjongguy was the kid who told the teacher you hadn't finished your homework.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Why shouldn't they be allowed to pass another vehicle that's going 2 mph less than theirs is? As long as they're not using the passing lane while not passing, albeit passing VERY s l o w l y it's within their right. I hate it too but they're going to go their max even if that means taking forever to pass others going slightly slower than their max..

    I bet you also hate cyclists riding in a pack climbing on a 2 lane mountain highway.
    I regularly see semis take 5+ minutes at 65 mph to complete a pass, sometimes losing ground to the adjacent lanes.

    This is on a straight, flat interstate with two lanes in each direction in good weather. It's not passing, it is a rolling traffic slowdown. If they have 1 mph or better on their counterpart, the pass should take 1 min, max.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    266
    Sitting at a intersection, 2 lanes running in each cardinal direction, with traffic lights obviously. Ambulance came up to the next of me at the red light,lights and sirens going. They sat there waiting for traffic to stop, not trying to nudge their way into 55+ mph traffic. 10ish cars flew by before anyone tried to stop. And when that happened, 2 cars jumped the grass median trying to avoid rear ending the first car actually acknowledging the ambulance.
    Shit sucks, be diligent

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    - merge before the merge lane allows merging or immediately as soon as it’s allowed, leaving hundreds of feet of acceleration lane open = instant traffic jam.
    The ones that get me are the drivers who merge early from behind you and then block you out when you try to merge properly.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,852
    Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Then they shouldn't pass. They are "professionals" who know how fast their vehicle is allowed to go.
    1- They don't care about you or y our happiness

    2- +2mph x 2000 miles = $$$

    3- See #1.

    I hate the asshole right lane passer who tries to run by me and ends up blocked by a semi that I was passing while the left hand passing lane is open. WTF?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

    I hate the right lane passer who
    You clearly have not lived in CO or driven i70


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,560
    I hate when someone misses a light or only two people get through because some asshole is on their phone when the light changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    A lot of semis and buses have governors to limit top speed. Most of the ones that don't have tracking computers monitoring them and reporting the stats to their employers and the TSB whenever one gets in a fatal wreck. So, ya that snail race on the interstate is a common occurrence and direct result of those regulatory efforts.


    Log books have gone digital as well so no fake books. It's really made the car transport business a pita.

    A lot of drivers are quitting. Thanks Obama.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    37,922
    The person who, when traffic is heavy but moving, is on everybody's ass and passing where ever he/she can pass, left, right, the shoulder if they could, then, when traffic thins out and there's space to move, drives the speed limit or maybe a little faster, as though there's no rush at all, suddenly.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,560
    Quite frankly if you aren't doing 10 over, you have no business in the passing lane.

    Also any car with a "Salt Life" sticker on it. Gfys.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 01-14-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Dumbjongguy was the kid who told the teacher you hadn't finished your homework.
    I was the kid who let you copy mine..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,147
    Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Don't know what a crosswalk is.
    Here's the thing about crosswalks: the rule that you can't drive through one if a pedestrian has entered it, no matter how far away they are, is idiotic. I was driving a friend around L.A. one time making a right turn onto a four lane road plus turning lane, and a pedestrian is going into the first (far) lane. He starts telling me to stop, which of course I ignored (the person was 60(?) feet away), and he told me about how people get upset about that. Obviously I get it if you're in danger of sideswiping the person, but if this rule were followed around here literally you could, maybe, get one car through per green/red light, which would essentially bring traffic to a standstill on thousands of roads for 10 hours every day. In my book if you can't reach out and touch the car at any point during its turn then it's a good turn (BTW, I am talking about turns that take place at 3 or 4 mph max--if you're turning at 20 mph or something you need to give a lot more room--and I do get pissed at cars that make pedestrians feel like they really might get hit, or that force pedestrians to stop short while walking to avoid contacting the car).

    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Tonight, movie theater parking lot, really good spot up front. Saw family walking past. Got in car. Started car. Saw me stop and put blinker on. Sat for 3 minutes with engine running. Put car in reverse and sat for another SIX minutes with reverse lights on and foot on brake. I waited the entire time.. They then backed up one FOOT then sat another 2 minutes before finally backing out. I wasn't in a hurry and we just chilled laughing at all the cars stuck behind me who would sit for about 1-2 minutes before swinging out around me.
    I am always shocked at these people who sit behind someone waiting for a space. Around here almost no one waits more than a second or two. I remember this summer I was in a parking lot in Ohio or somewhere and went around a guy (probably barely even hit the brakes) waiting for a space or something. I had to stop at the end of the lane and looked in the rear view mirror to see the codger going nuts because I had attempted such an insane maneuver. I just think you have to be a complete idiot to sit behind people (for minutes!) for no reason. Not sure what's wrong with you slow witted fucks in middle America.
    [quote][//quote]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,826
    Fucking tail gaters.

    If there are more than 3 cars ahead of me, riding my ass is not going to get us there any faster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •