Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    I did a legal uturn on a green arrow. A guy made a right on red at the same time into the same lane. I defensively yielded and let him go ahead, and he flipped me off. If I didn’t have my kids in the back I was going to roll up next to him at the next light and politely ask him if he understood how stop lights work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You might inquire if he has any gray Poupon at the same time…..

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    You might inquire if he has any gray Poupon at the same time…..
    POTD.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Driving back from socal on I5, a fair number of trucks. People get in the left lane to pass the trucks. Every single time there are a handful of people who pull out of the left lane, pass a car or two, and force back in. To move up a couple of cars. Why? That's something that's always happened but I've never seen so many people do it so aggressively.

I am noticing most drivers nowadays were not taught etiquette regarding the use of brights at night. People just do not give a f**k anymore.

If you can see taillights of the car in front of you, you should not have your brights on. Yes, even on county roads. This seems lost on most people now. Irritating af.

Classic 5 move there. Very frustrating to switch lanes.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I am noticing most drivers nowadays were not taught etiquette regarding the use of brights at night. People just do not give a f**k anymore.

If you can see taillights of the car in front of you, you should not have your brights on. Yes, even on county roads. This seems lost on most people now. Irritating af.
    Oh, they were taught alright.

I can see your tail lights over a mile away. I'd like to see that deer that decided to cross.

High beams are fine up until 100m overtaking and 300m closing IMO.

The problem is people are putting in lowbeams that are brighter than my factory highbeams.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I can see your tail lights over a mile away. I'd like to see that deer that decided to cross.

High beams are fine up until 100m overtaking and 300m closing IMO.

The problem is people are putting in lowbeams that are brighter than my factory highbeams.
    point is: no one gives a fuck
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    "TURN ON YOUR FUCKING LIGHTS!" is a popular theme on my town's reddit sub. "and turn off your high beams" is always in the replies.

and this
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Also: turn off all your fucking fog lights and light bars that are brighter than the goddam sun.

re: fog lights, if they're in the eyes of oncoming drivers, they're aimed wrong, have the wrong beam pattern, or both.

High correlation between quantity of garbage aftermarket lighting and volume of air breathed by mouth.

To all the vigilante early merge road warriors — the ones that merge hundreds of yards or even miles before the merge point and then swerve into the other lane to cut people off for using both open lanes of traffic — please just stop before you cause an accident.

When you find yourself swerving into another lane across the lane dividers to cut someone off… it’s a sign that you’re not only in the wrong, you’re also an asshole.

If you’re convinced you’re in the right here do a quick search on the most efficient way to merge and read one of the many studies on traffic patterns. https://www.google.com/search?q=most...+merge+traffic

Quote Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
    To all the vigilante early merge road warriors — the ones that merge hundreds of yards or even miles before the merge point and then swerve into the other lane to cut people off for using both open lanes of traffic — please just stop before you cause an accident.

When you find yourself swerving into another lane across the lane dividers to cut someone off… it’s a sign that you’re not only in the wrong, you’re also an asshole.

If you’re convinced you’re in the right here do a quick search on the most efficient way to merge and read one of the many studies on traffic patterns. https://www.google.com/search?q=most...+merge+traffic
    But I was taught in Kindergarten not to cut the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

This one might take the proverbial cake...

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/c...e_to_australia

Do stick it out to the end for your reward.

Bonus if you get to "dingo" in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post

Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post

No words.

When Karens meet, anything can happen.

Can someone please enlighten me - what exactly is a "bogan slut"?

( It's mainly the "bogan" part I'm curious about. )

Google says it’s kinda like calling someone a rube or redneck: rough, uncouth, uncultured

Urban Dictionary:

A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.

Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).

The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.

Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate. Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

As usual, UD FTW.

Thank you, gents.

Driving through a backed up roundabout, I stop to let the car entering from the freeway to my right zipper merge. (It's the law besides being common courtesy since the road was stop and crawl for a couple miles behind me). The asshole in the Mercedes SUV behind me leans on the horn. He pulls up next to me at the light past the roundabout, lowers his window and starts screaming . I told him he was acting like I'd expect someone in a Mercedes to act. He called me a dirt bag, which in my mind is a compliment but I didn't want to ruin his day by telling him that.

should’ve asked him for some grey poupon…..

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    should’ve asked him for some grey poupon…..
    good one.