Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh really. Elon said the world would be covered in them by now, How's that working out?
    Just because he's a blowhard twat doesn't really impact the end-state of vehicular travel.

Hey, I have an idea for you. If traffic is so bad, and most people suck at driving, how about everyone take, gulp, a bus, or, good lord, a train. Imagine that. Instead of fifty cars waiting in traffic, with 25% of them being jerks, one vehicle like a bus holds all of them! Problem solved! Instead, of, you know, a million little shitboxes buzzing about (literally shit, and pukeboxes. You can imagine what riders will do in them) sitting in their own little robot traffic hell.
    Because, at the end of the day, we absolutely, categorically, refuse to make public transportation a priority. Hell - gas out here is $2.39/gallon. We need to make personal ownership of vehicles prohibitively expensive. But... you know... we've tied our wagon to the car, and here in Colorado, you'll get crucified if you even mention raising taxes on ANYTHING.

Its really only about 10% of the travellers that highway maintenance is needed. Most know how to guage there speed accordingly. Of course those 10% can take us out in a second. 35% of semis could destroy us proper.
    I wont say where but notorious downhill flat corner has a driving and passing lane into it. Semi flips to 45degrees and slides along the jersey barrier 200ft. Occupants cant get to the ground so are on the roof. Crews respond. Then 2 more semis coming hot approaching the corner maybe 1/3 of a mile back. Then another semi coming extra hot goes out to pass the 2 hot semis. Just before a 4th semi , fkn pinned, goes to pass all three. In a snow storm, into an accident scene. Just another day.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

If you drive 20 over the limit. Fuck you, you are a menace and accident waiting to happen. And if you can't pass me on my left, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Entitled asshole is what you are. Ill go 30 over if it's safe and 5 under if conditions deem it. Any idiot can drive a car, very few know how to operate a motor vehicle IME. 1,000,000 accident free speaking here.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    If you drive 20 over the limit. Fuck you...

...Ill go 30 over if it's safe.....
    Soo..... fuck yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Wooly drives in the left lane with his blinker on.
    I still call it The Jake.

While fucking himself evidently

people who roll up to a 4-way stop with plenty of other cars, no turn signal, then wanna turn left and are irritated that oncoming traffic is also going. a 4-way stop in a fucking city is not a "you do whatever you want man, we'll all just wait around and see where you decide to go" situation... everyone else has someplace to go too, use your fucking turn signal.

related: people who wait until they are already in the act of turning to use their turn signal.

related: people who drive in the rain / snow / after sunset with the headlights off.

if you can't deal with putting forth the minimal effort necessary to safely participate in the HIGHLY SOCIAL activity of driving a vehicle then go move to the fucking sticks where there's nobody else around. but if you wanna live amidst a bustling goddamn society try acknowledging that it exists, and the rest of us can't read your stupid mind.

He should probably check with his doctor on a possible brain aneurysm.

Middle lane on the interstate mostly pegged at the speed limit or keeping up with the flow. 30 over on an intestate with no traffic if its an hour to my next stop. I slow to 10 over for going under overpasses. Blew past a cop hiding under an overpass on i90 but our eyes met and I lifted off the gas so he gave me a pass and waited to stop someone not paying attention. And always a 50/50 chance my signal is on. Keeps the yahoos guessing.

I blew through a 4 way on Mercer island right in front of a cop once but since I looked at him as I went by he let me go. Pro tip

look them straight in the eye to establish dominance
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Middle lane on the interstate
    Get over in the right lane, Gramps.

Teh funnehs in here

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    look them straight in the eye to establish dominance
    I think we can just end it on this.
    I still call it The Jake.

I slow to 10 over for going under overpasses.
    lol for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Get over in the right lane, Gramps.

Thats where semis live at 60 mph where I drive.

Seriously, old habit. I always drive aware of what is going on 5 cars ahead of me and 5 cars back. Ever crash your car sonny ?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    lol for some reason
    10 over won't get a ticket on a highway unless you're sleeping. I'll go 70 on a 55mph open country two lane unless the corn was growing close to the road and the deer were moving at dusk or early a.m. It's situational if you know the situation.

Thats where semis live at 60 mph where I drive.

Seriously, old habit. I always drive aware of what is going on 5 cars ahead of me and 5 cars back. Ever crash your car sonny ?
    Yeah. Pay fucking attention and simply pass the slow trucks when you get to them.

It's super-easy - if people are passing you on the left AND on the right, you're in the wrong fucking lane.

Is that "12" in your username the year (1912) you were born in?

Yeah. Pay fucking attention and simply pass the slow trucks when you get to them.

It's super-easy - if people are passing you on the left AND on the right, you're in the wrong fucking lane.

Is that "12" in your username the year (1912) you were born in?
    Someone gets it.

Remember this; drive right - pass left. The end.

had the perfect asshole this morning.

the light on my street to the main street that goes out to the freeway is not perpendicular, it's about 45 degrees making it hard to see the oncoming traffic and Houston is typically 99% humidity in the morning so you leave your car out, the humidity is all over your windows making it hard to see out until they defrost.

so this big f150 is laying on his horn because I will not go until the light is green because I cannot see out the windows yet and cannot see if its clear. said f150 intentionally blows by me and gets ahead at the next light.

unfortunately for him, I know the lights and traffic patterns as its my daily drive. for the next 4 miles to the freeway; i'm directly behind him and do the take a picture of his license plate thing and give him some big waves as I pass him while he sits at the light because I know the traffic. that was fun.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Someone gets it.

Remember this; drive right - pass left. The end.
    Seriously, if I'm in the middle and both right and left are clear why pass on the right? Happens all the time. Anyway, I'm retired, go around. What is the rush?

Seriously, if I'm in the middle and both right and left are clear why pass on the right?
    Because, unlike you, I'm in the right lane already, and it would be dumb to change TWO lanes to pass you. Get in the right lane, you old codger.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    had the perfect asshole this morning.

the light on my street to the main street that goes out to the freeway is not perpendicular, it's about 45 degrees making it hard to see the oncoming traffic and Houston is typically 99% humidity in the morning so you leave your car out, the humidity is all over your windows making it hard to see out until they defrost.

so this big f150 is laying on his horn because I will not go until the light is green because I cannot see out the windows yet and cannot see if its clear. said f150 intentionally blows by me and gets ahead at the next light.

unfortunately for him, I know the lights and traffic patterns as its my daily drive. for the next 4 miles to the freeway; i'm directly behind him and do the take a picture of his license plate thing and give him some big waves as I pass him while he sits at the light because I know the traffic. that was fun.
    so, he's a jerk because you weren't driving appropriately because your windows were fogged up? don't you have a device in your car that rolls the window down?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Because, unlike you, I'm in the right lane already, and it would be dumb to change TWO lanes to pass you. Get in the right lane, you old codger.
    nuh-uh, he's not doing it wrong in this situation. It's ok to travel in the middle lane. And if you are driving faster than other cars and can pass on the left, you should pass on the left. One a 3 lane stretch of road, the cars aren't supposed to all be lined up in the far right lane. If you are in the middle lane and getting passed routinely on both the left and the right, then yeah, you should be in the right lane. But there are 3 lanes for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    nuh-uh, he's not doing it wrong in this situation. It's ok to travel in the middle lane. And if you are driving faster than other cars and can pass on the left, you should pass on the left. One a 3 lane stretch of road, the cars aren't supposed to all be lined up in the far right lane.
    Name:  57d741bec582d.image.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  42.4 KB

If I'm going faster than you in the middle lane, doesn't it seem to make sense that the slower vehicle should, you know, KEEP RIGHT.

You OK with loads of choadwaffles doing 45 in the middle lane? 'Cause the minimum speed on the Interstate is 45, so technically there's "nothing wrong" with driving 45mph on the interstate in the middle lane.

ETA: I think after your edit, we are agreeing on this.

Not where I drive around Seattle and to the mountains. Right lane is for semis doing 40-60. People who are the worst are the ones who follow all the rules without any situational awareness. The idiot who started this mess was going the speed limit in the left lane to pass. It's situational.

Name:  2003594136.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  67.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images