Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Attachment 310613

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    totally random question but does Skougs have a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I just noticed something about that picture. Out of the 6 vehicles there in the passing lane, 4 are SUVs/CUVs and the other 2 are trucks. Hmmmm... Around town as well, I'm starting to notice a STRONG correlation between people who drives such vehicles and being completely oblivious to the world outside their little cage.

Back when I rode motorcycles, seemed that like the majority of vehicles that nearly mowed me over were large SUVs. Typically Tahoe or Suburban driving soccer moms, but at least there were FAR less SUVs back then. Now that CUVs/SUVs have become such an epidemic, I'm afraid to get back on two wheels. People are more distracted by phones, car screens, and overall cocooned than ever before.

Have we talked about people running shitty tires in winter? Saw this today. I agree with dude's take on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    totally random question but does Skougs have a dog?
    +1
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Attachment 310613

That’s awesome.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I just noticed something about that picture. Out of the 6 vehicles there in the passing lane, 4 are SUVs/CUVs and the other 2 are trucks. Hmmmm... Around town as well, I'm starting to notice a STRONG correlation between people who drives such vehicles and being completely oblivious to the world outside their little cage.

Back when I rode motorcycles, seemed that like the majority of vehicles that nearly mowed me over were large SUVs. Typically Tahoe or Suburban driving soccer moms, but at least there were FAR less SUVs back then. Now that CUVs/SUVs have become such an epidemic, I'm afraid to get back on two wheels. People are more distracted by phones, car screens, and overall cocooned than ever before.
    Nah, Teslas and Audis are worse. Not that SUVs and big pickups are blameless; the height off the road makes people oblivious to their speed and the presence of smaller cars. As opposed to the Tesla and Audi drivers who are just assholes. But of all the consistently aggressively bad drivers I see, I think Fedex drivers are the worst, which I assume is because of the time pressure they are under. Speed, tailgate or lose your job.

The only truly virtuous drivers drive Subarus.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Have we talked about people running shitty tires in winter?
    What's the point? It's a constant. Just 10 minutes ago coming back from the store, a Civic was in front of a Highlander at a right turn just 1/2 mil from my house and he was just stuck there, (Highlander clueless as to what to do). I saw this from way back, and just drove around them, making the right on red. Just doing 1/2 dozen errands around here I did a similar behavior about 5 times.
    If the Civic had snows on it's all good, (for him).
    Oh, and goat, this is in my bmw.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    What's the point? It's a constant. Just 10 minutes ago coming back from the store, a Civic was in front of a Highlander at a right turn just 1/2 mil from my house and he was just stuck there, (Highlander clueless as to what to do). I saw this from way back, and just drove around them, making the right on red. Just doing 1/2 dozen errands around here I did a similar behavior about 5 times.
    If the Civic had snows on it's all good, (for him).
    Oh, and goat, this is in my bmw.
    A subaru driver would have helped get the Civic unstuck.

PSA: You drive like an asshole!!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A subaru driver would have helped get the Civic unstuck.
    I was expecting that. Well played. I slowed down, (since I have no problem with traction and don't need the momentum), rolled down the passenger side window, and gave him the finger as I drove by.

Driving a BMW is not a race it’s a creed.
    This is the way.
    I have spoken.
    Last edited by plugboots; 01-14-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Great visual

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I was expecting that. Well played. I slowed down, (since I have no problem with traction and don't need the momentum), rolled down the passenger side window, and gave him the finger as I drove by.

Driving a BMW is not a race it’s a creed.
    This is the way.
    I have spoken.
    A Mercedes owner would have had his chauffeur get out, push the Civic into the ditch, get back in, and drive off.

Can you stop as ask for some mustard at least?

Nah, Teslas and Audis are worse. Not that SUVs and big pickups are blameless; the height off the road makes people oblivious to their speed and the presence of smaller cars. As opposed to the Tesla and Audi drivers who are just assholes....
    So what you mean to say is that Tesla and Audi drivers have replaced the BMW drivers of yore? I wonder if Tesla's also implemented the "turn signal delete" option in their 2020 catalog a la BMW.

Noted. ...What about STI driving, Monster Energy trucker hat wearing guys named Kyle?

False. Without fail, if there’s a left lane camper here in Portland or a vehicle categorically falling to merge on to the interstate; it’s a Subaru. Or a Prius. Every time.

HAHAHA
    watch out for snakes

Audi drivers who are just assholes. .
    Yes, yes we are. Just like doctors. But I already covered that.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yes, yes we are. Just like doctors. But I already covered that.
    Then there's my doctor kid who went from an Audi to a Subaru. (He realized the A5 wasn't a great car for a rock climber, plus he burned up the clutch on the Audi in stop and go traffic.) He definitely drives the Suby slower.

I think the transition from BMW to Audi is directly attributed to BMWs shift to its current bizarre and sometimes bloated design language. The assholes had to land somewhere, and Audi was right there willing to take us. With better products too.

Now, it’s not really that all German luxo-sport-brand drivers are really assholes either. It’s just that their cars go so much faster, handle better, and are quieter than the clapped out shitbox in front of them. It’s impossible not to get frustrated with that car when it feels like you’re only going 35 in the German-luxo-sport brand.

We should all cut them some slack really and focus on the real problem: bumper-sticker warrior Priuses in the left lane.

Did I omit lawyers? My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Attachment 310070

Actually upon further review, basically all of these people in the left lane are asses. Perhaps to varying degrees, but none of them are actively passing so they should all be to the right until getting near to the first vehicle in the left lane.

They’re lining up like a bunch of lemmings.

GET RIGHT, EXCEPT TO PASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Did I omit lawyers? My bad.
    It’s kind of assumed around here.

my list of dipshit drivers and their cars.....................
    audi used to be at the top of my list 10 years ago, seems to have fallen for some reason
    bmw, never had any issues
    big lifted trucks with vermont or colorado plates, yup usually a 20 something bro with a snowmobile or dirt bike in the back, I always wonder how the can afford all that at age 25
    clueless drivers seem to be in a pirus or some other electric fad car
    old people in luxury cars are the worst
    toyota's who knows I don't think they know they just overpay for a car because they think they know
    and subarus fall into two camps which is weird, total asshole drivers to the end of the world or old ladies worried about their safety camped out in the left lane going 10 under

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    my list of dipshit drivers and their cars.....................
    audi used to be at the top of my list 10 years ago, seems to have fallen for some reason
    bmw, never had any issues
    big lifted trucks with vermont or colorado plates, yup usually a 20 something bro with a snowmobile or dirt bike in the back, I always wonder how the can afford all that at age 25
    clueless drivers seem to be in a pirus or some other electric fad car
    old people in luxury cars are the worst
    toyota's who knows I don't think they know they just overpay for a car because they think they know
    and subarus fall into two camps which is weird, total asshole drivers to the end of the world or old ladies worried about their safety camped out in the left lane going 10 under
    Heh. Here in VT, the Bro-dozers be doing 85 mph down I 89 to Barre from up here in Franklin County, or 65 mph on VT 105 over to East Berkshire and down 118 to Montgomery.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Last season during some volunteer work for an avalanche thing one of the guys volunteering with me was recently discharged military. He worked as some sort of post-military counseling. He said every single dude he talked to, the first thing they wanted to do with their money when they got out was buy a big lifted truck.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It’s kind of assumed around here.
    Is there an Ogden valuation?