Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Nice move jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Attachment 314159

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I call that one the Uber.

Oh shit, one of my 4 dash mounted smartphones says I have a fare across the street and behind me. Let me just pull away from the curb and block 3 lanes of rush hour traffic so I can make an impossible u turn.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I call that one the Uber.

Oh shit, one of my 4 dash mounted smartphones says I have a fare across the street and behind me. Let me just pull away from the curb and block 3 lanes of rush hour traffic so I can make an impossible u turn.
    Somalia Driving Academy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Somalia Driving Academy.
    Can confirm.

My city is overrun by a sea of Uber Black Suburbans and Tahoes that swear by two equally important rules of the road:

1) There are no rules of the road; and

2) See rule 1. Just go slower this time and bolt another smartphone to your dash.
    I still call it The Jake.

Uber guys just don't appreciate the value of making time IME.

I used to hail cabs and give them some impossible time deadline to meet. I need to be at x by y and y was 5 minutes ago. I was usually young and drunk so deadline was made up. Great fun. I think the cabbies liked it also because we'd be catching air down alleyways and chancing 1 way streets. I'm older and smarter now and I doubt those cabbies have matured a day but there is no way they are playing the game in a car they own personally.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

I used to hail cabs and give them some impossible time deadline to meet. I need to be at x by y and y was 5 minutes ago. I was usually young and drunk so deadline was made up. Great fun. I think the cabbies liked it also because we'd be catching air down alleyways and chancing 1 way streets. I'm older and smarter now and I doubt those cabbies have matured a day but there is no way they are playing the game in a car they own personally.
    I used to do the same in the drunken days of yore, asking cabbies if it was OK to smoke, breaking out the one hitters.... One memorable trip: ripping through alleys, driven by a 20ish Polish dude (Chicago); cops got wind of our shenanigans, blue lights on our tail (don't they have better things to worry about?)... Cabbie pulls over, and, instead of giving the cops a license, pulls out a six inch pile of crumpled tickets from the glove box. Hands them to the cop who shakes head, says a few words of remonstration, and lets us go. Cabbie laughs, says the ticket thing was all a ruse, he is fully licensed, etc. Good times.
    Last edited by PassTheDutchie; 02-06-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Yesterday was a particularly nasty drive from Boise to Seattle with fresh snow in Boise with increasing whiteout across the Burnt River Bench through the Meacham zone along I-84 between La Grande and Pendleton.

With my fine sticked snazzy s4 sled, footed with studded Hakkas, I blow past lots of traffic relegated to the plowed lanes.

On ascending the first big hill out of La Grande going West, I approached a line of cars following a plow in the left lane, so I switched over to the seemingly unplowed right lane, ready to pass. As I gained on the plow, I found an unusual contraption employed by ODOT where the plow had an extended blade in the right lane which removed some of the snow but not all of it, unlike the lane in which the plow and a line of cars drove.

So I slowed down and drove alongside the line of cars in the left lane led by 2 huDge trucks which jockeyed right to block my approach.

The drivers of these trucks made it clear with gesticulations of the middle finger and threatening swoops across lanes that I was not to pass. For which I had no intent anyway. But by god, they were going to show me and as the plow turned off, the drove side by side for 10+ miles, ensuring I could not pass.

Ho hum.

But lo another plow incited backup occurred and while they craftily chose the left lane to follow, I decided to relax behind trucks in the right lane, a slightly shorter backup.

And so we dawdled along behind the plow for some time until it too turned off and another truck behind me cut into the left lane as that slinky of autos expanded, at which point I too slid over into the left lane and slid past all traffic, leaving the huDge trucks behind.

I know, I know, I'm the asshole.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I like to play the asshole for those cars jumping into the freeway exit lane asap, 100's of feet before the double, do not cross line disappears from that merge lane and the freeway. sure, everyone jumps it a little early before its gone but i'll watch and if someone jumps it asap; i'll then jump it ahead of them and do a slow exit if that's my exit too.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Driving to work yesterday I had just merged onto the freeway in pretty slow traffic and was waiting for space to open up in the next lane. A gap opened up and there was plenty of room for me to move over until Mario andretti behind it saw my turn signal and decided he didn't want me there. He stomped on the gas just as I moved over and almost rear ended me. Horn honking, middle fingers, and flashed brights ensued, and since that wasn't enough he pulled into the other lane cutting someone else off, forced his way in right in front of me, and then brake checked me with more middle fingers flying. But yeah, I'm sure it was me who was the asshole.

Lucky he didn't shoot you.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

MFer passed me on the left in a no-passing zone (street with double yellow center line) as I was signaling / about to make a left turn last night...

...and I was on a bicycle. Scared the bejeesus out of me, so I chased him down (because that always goes well, right?) and asked WTH dude? He said "Oh, I honked to let you know I was coming around on your left."

Fuck, at least he seemed kind of taken aback that he might have put me in fear for my life.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I like to play the asshole for those cars jumping into the freeway exit lane asap, 100's of feet before the double, do not cross line disappears from that merge lane and the freeway. sure, everyone jumps it a little early before its gone but i'll watch and if someone jumps it asap; i'll then jump it ahead of them and do a slow exit if that's my exit too.
    I keep thinking it's not possible for you to come across as any more of a contemptible retarded asshole than you already do, but then I read a new post of yours and I am amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    contemptible retarded asshole
    poetic, and clearer by the day

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Took a shuttle from Cham to GVA, one of the other passengers was cutting it close and the shuttle was running behind. We made it in plenty of time though--you do not want to be driven by a Russian in a hurry. Shit, I thought we were going to die.

It’s not really in the category of “ you drive like an asshole”....

I had to run a quick errand to Biose.

I was amazed at the speed at which people were driving. Near the airport, I was in tightly packed traffic, near bumper to bumper and speeds were approaching 90 mph. It was crazy. Both my daughter and I got a chance to run at those speeds. Conditions were dry and clear. At times groups of cars would whiz by at what seemed 100+ mph.

It was highly entertaining. Sure was different than the type of driving I usually do here in Teton County.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yesterday was a particularly nasty drive from Boise to Seattle with fresh snow in Boise with increasing whiteout across the Burnt River Bench through the Meacham zone along I-84 between La Grande and Pendleton.

With my fine sticked snazzy s4 sled, footed with studded Hakkas, I blow past lots of traffic relegated to the plowed lanes.

On ascending the first big hill out of La Grande going West, I approached a line of cars following a plow in the left lane, so I switched over to the seemingly unplowed right lane, ready to pass. As I gained on the plow, I found an unusual contraption employed by ODOT where the plow had an extended blade in the right lane which removed some of the snow but not all of it, unlike the lane in which the plow and a line of cars drove.

So I slowed down and drove alongside the line of cars in the left lane led by 2 huDge trucks which jockeyed right to block my approach.

The drivers of these trucks made it clear with gesticulations of the middle finger and threatening swoops across lanes that I was not to pass. For which I had no intent anyway. But by god, they were going to show me and as the plow turned off, the drove side by side for 10+ miles, ensuring I could not pass.

Ho hum.

But lo another plow incited backup occurred and while they craftily chose the left lane to follow, I decided to relax behind trucks in the right lane, a slightly shorter backup.

And so we dawdled along behind the plow for some time until it too turned off and another truck behind me cut into the left lane as that slinky of autos expanded, at which point I too slid over into the left lane and slid past all traffic, leaving the huDge trucks behind.

WSDOT calls it a "tow plow". I just did that drive. I love the reverse coming out of Pendleton up that windy hill.

East of Idaho Falls on 26 I came up on a semi doing about 5 mph below the speed limit, so I followed and waited till it was safe to pass. The moron decides to slam on the brakes, which didn't faze me, but like, WTF? Apparently I was following too close, as when I slid to the left to check for oncoming cars, (blowing snow, etc. so need to give it a good look), I go for the pass and he swings the semi out into me making me pass on the left shoulder. OK, whatever. Have a nice day.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Took a shuttle from Cham to GVA, one of the other passengers was cutting it close and the shuttle was running behind. We made it in plenty of time though--you do not want to be driven by a Russian in a hurry. Shit, I thought we were going to die.
    A “Russian in a hurry”....heh
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Woah. You keep sharing this type of insight into who you are IRL. Makes for good reality TV.

It's in the Provo to Ogden speed run that I'm amazed when someone gets a ticket

WTF were they doing to warrant a ticket when everyone is raging along at 15-20 mph over the limit, lane lurching like a conniptic sidewinder.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

Ho hum.

Ya gotta love those slow rides behind plows. I got stuck behind the rolling roadblock in MA one night from the VT border to the CT line on I91, all 58 miles of it at 20mph or less. No there isn't another way through that corridor.

I just got back from a 3400 mile road trip from home in NY to Key West with a few side trips along the way. I saw more dumb shit than you could even imagine. I love those people that are offended by you entering the highway when they're going by, they speed up and slow down to make it so you can't get on the road or they won't let you move across to the exit you need. Maybe it was the NY plates on a sports car but they all had something to prove. They kept expecting me to try and outrun them so I'd run up to some silly speed then jump on the brakes and slide in behind them then go around wound out in 3rd or 4th and drop them. One guy played with us for almost 40 miles on I95 after I did this and then followed me off the exit, I didn't need to get off there but there was a highway patrol office and we had called ahead to let them know we were coming. This dumb fuck tried to brake check me (for the 100th time) but it wasn't me behind him it was a trooper. I was the asshole that blipped the horn as I went by him getting pulled over. I stopped and took a piss, when we headed back to the entrance they were cuffing him so I beeped again and he lost it. The wife and I are the assholes that laughed out loud with the windows open so he could hear it.

He brake checked a trooper? Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Ya gotta love those slow rides behind plows. I got stuck behind the rolling roadblock in MA one night from the VT border to the CT line on I91, all 58 miles of it at 20mph or less. No there isn't another way through that corridor.

I just got back from a 3400 mile road trip from home in NY to Key West with a few side trips along the way. I saw more dumb shit than you could even imagine. I love those people that are offended by you entering the highway when they're going by, they speed up and slow down to make it so you can't get on the road or they won't let you move across to the exit you need. Maybe it was the NY plates on a sports car but they all had something to prove. They kept expecting me to try and outrun them so I'd run up to some silly speed then jump on the brakes and slide in behind them then go around wound out in 3rd or 4th and drop them. One guy played with us for almost 40 miles on I95 after I did this and then followed me off the exit, I didn't need to get off there but there was a highway patrol office and we had called ahead to let them know we were coming. This dumb fuck tried to brake check me (for the 100th time) but it wasn't me behind him it was a trooper. I was the asshole that blipped the horn as I went by him getting pulled over. I stopped and took a piss, when we headed back to the entrance they were cuffing him so I beeped again and he lost it. The wife and I are the assholes that laughed out loud with the windows open so he could hear it.
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

PSA: You drive like an asshole!!

If one is driving in the toll or HOV lane and there is heavy traffic in the regular lanes so that youre passing a lot of cars then pick a reasonable speed and keep going at and around that speed.

Today in the I 70 toll lane some moron was varying between 30 and 70 one car in front of us. Vrooom until the next corner then slam on the brakes down to 30 at the site of brake lights in the stop and go in the regular lanes. We’d all catch up rapidly and have to hit the brakes too, then up to 60 until the next corner, slam on brakes, going 35, repeat. Just drive 55 and not slam on the brakes or go faster. Guy was probably drunk or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I also like those who hold up a lane on the freeway to cross over onto the backed up off ramp when it's nearly their last opportunity to do it. maybe a few actually do not no that traffic pattern that exists every day; but those that do are asses. if I were a cop i'd be writing tickets every day for those people.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

I'll play.

If you want to pass me on a two lane road in the winter months, I'm cool with it. Maybe you have better tires, maybe you need to be somewhere sooner than me, maybe you're a better driver on snow. By all means, proceed.

But don't be a gaping asshole and cut back in ten feet in front of me. Nobody likes to be whited out and have their rig sandblasted. Please advance about 50 yards before completing your pass. If you don't have that room to make your pass because of oncoming vehicles, you're also being an asshole to them.