Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Arrow 2020 Dalbello Lupo Air

Name:  0C7E189C-AC28-4C6B-9C33-7FDB1A722CFF.jpeg
Views: 13525
Size:  160.9 KB

While I realize Lupo Air =/ existing Lupos, I have a hard time believing you can magically transform this boot from a 3 piece to a legit functioning 2 piece just by removing the tongue and adding a 'click' to the spine.

Any pics of the ski/walk lever?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Any pics of the ski/walk lever?
    It is the same. I will be sticking with my 130C. This boot has fail written all over it

Pretty strong words for how little info and real world experience there is with this thing. I think it’s cool they’re pushing the concept and trying new things. Like any lighter weight option we will see how The durability and skiabilty will be... I like my lupos but the toungue removal is a compromise. I use my zero G’s any day I know more than 1 transition is going to happen.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Pretty strong words for how little info and real world experience there is with this thing. I think it’s cool they’re pushing the concept and trying new things. Like any lighter weight option we will see how The durability and skiabilty will be... I like my lupos but the toungue removal is a compromise. I use my zero G’s any day I know more than 1 transition is going to happen.
    HA!, leave it to marketing Eluder....2020...rotfl... Leave it to corporate marketing to spin into a society-wide savior.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    It is the same. I will be sticking with my 130C. This boot has fail written all over it
    So if the walk mode is the same does the cuff have bump stops that engage the lower to create forward stiffness? Like the Vulcan/Mercury and Maestrale. If so could you remove the bump stops, attach a tongue and have a 1300g 3 peice? I doubt I'll see these in person till next year, so if anyone has a sample I would be interested to hear what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    So if the walk mode is the same does the cuff have bump stops that engage the lower to create forward stiffness? Like the Vulcan/Mercury and Maestrale. If so could you remove the bump stops, attach a tongue and have a 1300g 3 peice? I doubt I'll see these in person till next year, so if anyone has a sample I would be interested to hear what they think.
    Now that is interesting

anyone get a chance to look at how the walk/ski mechanism works? no really clear pictures on the dalbello 19/20 catalog.

The literature calls it a "NEW Interlock in the back", however in pics it looks VERY much the same, i.e. NON-locking. Colour me skeptical.

It looks like something more toward the light weight and maybe mountaineering side. Is there not a Sherpa anymore?

Yeah I'm kind of hoping it is non locking and this thing can be modded to be a real 3 piece. Sherpa has not been around for a few years now.

Interesting. I had been hoping they’d eventually have a locking lever. Sometimes I just want to ski a quick down , on a tour or traverse, and not have to do all the tongue in full change over. Or sometimes with skins on just throw a licking lever on the boot. Nice feature with my vulcans. They ski very well with or without tongues

If it has the same super upright stance as the current Lupo, might as well just throw them in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Powdurr View Post
    If it has the same super upright stance as the current Lupo, might as well just throw them in the trash.
    I screwed thick cuff spoilers from a lupo sp in my ti’s to bring the forward lean in line with what a full tilt would be

I had the vulcans and really didn't like them in any configuration. With or with out tongue, bump stops and modded walk mode. Never could get that boot to ski how I like my boots to ski. But I hear ya on the ease of transition. The Hoji seems pretty good for ski quality and very quick transitions. Lots of way to increase forward lean on the Lupo that are pretty easy.

I had the vulcans and really didn't like them in any configuration. With or with out tongue, bump stops and modded walk mode. Never could get that boot to ski how I like my boots to ski. But I hear ya on the ease of transition. The Hoji seems pretty good for ski quality and very quick transitions. Lots of way to increase forward lean on the Lupo that are pretty easy.
    Ya thanks. I got my lupo’s from you and they’re great other than what ive mentioned.the vulcans rarely see the hillunless I know I’m touring most of the day. After skiing the lupos I have to adjust to the Vulcan ,with the tongue or without ,on the hill or they’ll just collapse in a turn. Adjusted they’ll ski ok on the hill . They tour and Bc ski nice for what I’m doing. Took my bump stops out for more consistent flex . Can’t really ski them on hill without tongues
    That being said I’m all ears on different methods for this air lupo. Loving my c ti’s So I’d like to see the air work

I’ll have a set on my feet early December, and I’ll try to report on them.

For reference, I currently tour on Fischer traverse carbons, and K2 pinnacle 130s.

I’m hoping the air gets close to the pinnacle but with about a pound less per foot.

What’s the weight? I’m still skeptical but maybe I’m just a cynic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    What’s the weight? I’m still skeptical but maybe I’m just a cynic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Advertised as 1300g I think. I don't haven't seen any reports on in the wild models.

Advertised as 1300g I think. I don't haven't seen any reports on in the wild models.
    Proof of concept: Frankenboot with Intuition Power Wrap, no tongue & lower hardware still on. I’ve skied em this way without issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C3C097FE-D5CE-4FB5-910C-A964878CFBED.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	532.1 KB 
ID:	297427

Power strap is still on in this picture, removed for Air.

Found a pair of Lupo Air 130 to try on and check out in Calgary at Ski West yesterday. The internal blocking mechanism attaches to the walkmode lever through the exterior upper bolt. That is what gives the boot its stiffness when flexing forward. It does not move at all so forward ROM might be less because of this. Lots of rivets holding everything on to save weight. My immediate concerns are the ratchet strap and ankle rivets. The ratchets are almost guaranteed to break at some point and need replacing. Easy to drill out and replace but would have been nice to have tnuts there from the start. The ankle rivets will take a long time to wear but once they do they could ovalize the shell if not replaced. I called the distributor and they said no problem replacing the rivets with current Lupo ankle hardware.

They do flex really nice on the carpet. Soft enough off the top end to have some nice bounce but stiffen dramatically at deeper into the flex. They feel light on feet. New vibram soles look good and hopefully hold less snow than the past touring soles. Those things are amazing snow magnets.

An interesting boot for sure.

fine color me curious.

anyone got weights?

Anyone have any tours/turns on these yet this year? Interested in these as deciding on something in this weight range and performance - Hawx Ultra XTD and Zero G are of course the other options.

bumpity?