Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    What did you use for glue?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Jb weld

Anyone know how if or how the forward lean is adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by wantriot View Post
    Anyone know how if or how the forward lean is adjustable?
    It doesn’t look like there’s any forward lean adjustment on the shell, but there’s rear spoilers that are provided that Velcro on to the liner.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    It doesn’t look like there’s any forward lean adjustment on the shell, but there’s rear spoilers that are provided that Velcro on to the liner.

This. They come with a thin Velcro on spoiler. I've been using a thicker K2 Velcro on spoiler from there old pinnacle boots.

Post 2020 Dalbello Lupo Air

Did anyone get to use these over a couple of weeks before everything shut down and is willing to share how they are performing over time?
    Thinking of swapping out my Lupo Factory Carbons to these next season.

I've got 40ish days on mine. Performing fine. I do notice the reduced forward ROM but finding ways to work around it. Ankle rivets haven't developed play yet. Why do you want to replace your carbons with these?

My carbons are getting super worn out, replaced soles and liners a couple of times but I probably have about 400days+ in the shells so they are reaching the end of their life. Have too much time on my hands right now so I am re-thinking every possible decision I thought I had already made.

Sent you a PM with some thoughts.

How easy are they to put on?
    I might have to have my big toe fused. I'm currently on zero g pro tour and I'm concerned that i might not be able to put them on.

And will they ski as well as the zero g?

Thanks everyone

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    How easy are they to put on?
    I might have to have my big toe fused. I'm currently on zero g pro tour and I'm concerned that i might not be able to put them on.
    I looked into these too for similar podiatric reasons. They go on easier than any other high performance boot out there. I'm probably going to get a pair and see how I like them. Seem to fit good, but I'll just have to ski them to see how I like the design. Gotta be easier than my Freedom RS's.

[QUOTE=skisurfmirth;5868447]
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I don’t understand where the stiffness comes from

This bump stop plastic block. Bolts in through the upper walkmode bolt. When flexing foward the block hits the lower, and your force deforms the lower like a typical overlap boot. Only one bolt attaches it. Easy to remove if you don't like it. Then you would have to use a tongue like the other lupos. Carbon on the left, air on the right.Attachment 311536
    Do you think that it would be possible to put the air climb switch onto a lupo 120 ax? That way I could choose to add the tounges or forgoe them for a shorter ski. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    I've got 40ish days on mine. Performing fine. I do notice the reduced forward ROM but finding ways to work around it. Ankle rivets haven't developed play yet. Why do you want to replace your carbons with these?
    Would love to hear a bit more about how they ski, how they’re holding up now, and warmth. Thanks so much!

[QUOTE=ljtskier;6064914]

Do you think that it would be possible to put the air climb switch onto a lupo 120 ax? That way I could choose to add the tounges or forgoe them for a shorter ski. Thank you!
    I am curious about this as well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=eshed;6089420]
    Quote Originally Posted by ljtskier View Post

+1

Aslo, not certain of this value to the Air model - I have stripped my 120AX down to 1300 grams by parts removal. Would like to be able to add the stopper. Anyone have a better pic?

Yeah you could add the ski block to any of the lupos. It would be easy enough to do at home but might get annoying to switch around for every tour. 120s with mods to lighten sound like a good option but I don't think would be as warm or as stiff as the air 130.

Yeah you could add the ski block to any of the lupos. It would be easy enough to do at home but might get annoying to switch around for every tour. 120s with mods to lighten sound like a good option but I don't think would be as warm or as stiff as the air 130.
    the block comes out every tour?

Curious what thoughts are on how the flex of these compare to the regular lupos? I'm in a set of lupo carbons that I threw an intuition powerwrap in a year and a half ago for both resort and touring duty. In many ways, they've done supremely well, and are almost as stiff as a regular krypton. I'm possibly moving back in the direction of dedicated touring/resort boots and these are on the list for touring.

I love not having to deal with removeable toungues, but is the power to the ski all there? I ask simply because it sounds like people are saying they are acutally fairly comperable to the lupos, which sort of surprises me. Specifically I guess I am talking about forward flex, and ability to drive a relatively stiff touring ski. What does the upper 1/2 cuff thing look like? I havent had these in hand yet, but do they look like you can sneak a powerwrap in there, or too low volume around the lower calf?

Thanks for your thoughts

Blocks installed

[QUOTE=eshed;6089420]
    Quote Originally Posted by ljtskier View Post

I just got these installed on my 120ax I did have to cut the rubber gasket attached to the lower. I only notice a 30% difference in flex with no tongues. Based on just a living room flex test they feel like they went from a 65 to an 80 flex and there is still some free play between the forward and backward flex. There may be a greater difference in actual skiing conditions. I also doubt that they will have any impact on skiing with the tounges in so I think Ill just leave them in.
    I also don't see how they would limit forward ROM at all but that remains to be seen I suppose. Let me know if you want pictures or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    the block comes out every tour?
    You could leave them in but the boots would be wildly stiff with the block and tongues. And you lose ROM with the blocks in. Carbon TI have noticeable better ROM vs. Air130. Honestly that's the biggest downside to the airs I've found. Like the Vulcan if you took the bumpstops off vs. Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreemcheese View Post
    Did anyone get to use these over a couple of weeks before everything shut down and is willing to share how they are performing over time?
    Thinking of swapping out my Lupo Factory Carbons to these next season.
    The fit between these town boots is noticeably different. The volume is bigger in every direction and the liner in the Air is less supportive.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post

Anyone know the stated forward lean on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    The fit between these town boots is noticeably different. The volume is bigger in every direction and the liner in the Air is less supportive.
    This is a bummer to hear. The narrow last on the 130 C fits me so well I was able to ditch the toe buckles with no noticeable drop in performance. I'd love a boot that lets me drop some weight on longer tours, but it's probably not worth a sloppy fit.
    Last edited by burrito; 12-07-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Anyone skiing on the lupo air 130?

I would like to hear reports and ideally a comparison to either zero g pro 130 or the hoji.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I had a semi reputable source in a different state try a pair on because I couldn’t find a pair anywhere close to me so take this second hand information with a grain of salt.

She said the best thing she could compare the lupo air to was the hoji pro tour, said the ankle area was relatively snug but the forefoot and toe box were quite large. Said stiffness seemed less than 130 but not insanely soft, I’m expecting something around 110-115.

I have a pair on order but mdv has some pretty delayed shipping right now so hopefully I’ll have them by the end of December, formerly had lupo carbons, currently in hawx, have had to do a pretty big 6th toe punch in both of those so hoping for either smaller or no punch on these and hopefully the heel can still get locked down decently with the middle buckle. Maybe someone who has actually spent time in them can chime in but there doesn’t seem to be a ton of information out there.