Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    472

    Nordica Navigator

    Currently have a pair of jr GS skis, Superbros and Enforcer 93s in the sub-100mm end of the quiver. Considering going from 3 to 2 skis, and I'll never sell the Superbros.

    Really enjoy the Enforcers, but primarily ski them on groomers anyhow. The GS skis are fun, but due to smaller, crowded hills I seldom get full advantage of them.

    Next years Enforcer 88s sound good for a even more groomer specific ski, but really......Navigators are cheap and the 85s get rave reviews on other forums.

    Anybody ski the 85s? Flame away.....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    pugski.com
    Posts
    3,180
    Like the 85.....love the 90...but you probably knew that...from reading "other forums". 90 is the one the that will be going away once the Enforcer 88 comes along. A very underated and under bought ski, the Enforcer 93 probably out sold it 20:1 but I think in this range the Nav 90 is the better ski.
    Click. Point. Chute.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Like the 85.....love the 90...but you probably knew that...from reading "other forums". 90 is the one the that will be going away once the Enforcer 88 comes along. A very underated and under bought ski, the Enforcer 93 probably out sold it 20:1 but I think in this range the Nav 90 is the better ski.
    Yeah, I read through the thread. Lots of good comparisons between the different Nordica lines.
    90 vs 93......same initiation, slightly better edgehold, stronger finish?
    How about the 90 vs the 85?
    Been on the Enforcer 88s yet?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    pugski.com
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Yeah, I read through the thread. Lots of good comparisons between the different Nordica lines.
    90 vs 93......same initiation, slightly better edgehold, stronger finish?
    How about the 90 vs the 85?
    Been on the Enforcer 88s yet?
    The 90 finishes a turn much better. I really Iike the back half of the ski. IMHO the Nav 90 does everything the Enf 93 does but the Enf 93 doesn't do everything the Nav 90 can do. As far as the 90 vs. the 85..the 90 just felt a bit stronger. I haven't been on the 88 yet, Tricia seems to like the new Santa Ana 88 Proto though.
    Last edited by Flexon Phil; 01-13-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Click. Point. Chute.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park, Vt
    Posts
    74
    Sorry but the Navigator 90 is a noodle, and literally folds in half in broken snow. The E93 doesnt. In tighter off trail the Navigators are totally fine, but in open groomers and crud I cant trust the Navigators...nor could I trust the NRGYs....

    The E88 is a very fun ski, but if you only ski groomers on them why get them? Why not get a Head Monster 83 or 88 which are far better groomer skis in that waist range.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    The 90 finishes a turn much better. I really Iike the back half of the ski. IMHO the Nav 90 does everything the Enf 93 does but the Enf 93 doesn't do everything the Nav 90 can do. As far as the 90 vs. the 85..the 90 just felt a bit stronger. I haven't been on the 88 yet, Tricia seems to like the new Santa Ana 88 Proto though.
    Thanks. Guess I should go and have a look at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Sorry but the Navigator 90 is a noodle, and literally folds in half in broken snow. The E93 doesnt. In tighter off trail the Navigators are totally fine, but in open groomers and crud I cant trust the Navigators...nor could I trust the NRGYs....

    The E88 is a very fun ski, but if you only ski groomers on them why get them? Why not get a Head Monster 83 or 88 which are far better groomer skis in that waist range.
    Ok, interesting.
    Wasn't planning on going the monster/experience-way since I have GS and Superbros.
    These are for crowded, low vert skihills near the city. And with very thight side hits.
    The second I plan to stay of the groomers on a hard snow day, I'll be on Wren102s.

    How would you compare 93s and 88s? 88s slightly quicker and slightly better grip?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •