Icelantic Nomad 105 "Lite" anybody?

Icelantic seems to have a good rep around here. But the ski doesn't make much sense to me at 2000g in 191. I might have a line on a real cheap pair. Blister has a thoroughly benign review: 191 is long in trees, good in open.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Buy used mount your own skis build a quiver

Icey's are really soft. like, REALLY soft. They're made in the Never Summer factory so they have the exact same construction as a lot of other CO small brand skis. They're fun in the park but I don't know why anyone would want to ski them anywhere else. Owen Leeper drops insane cliffs on the regular Nomads, though, so it can be done. They do have a very good warranty though, 3 years no questions asked.

Nomads and Nomad lite really never did it for me. Have demoed multiple times and just seemed really “planky” to me. Dead is another word that comes to mind. And agree with nomad, when in bumps, chop, recycled pow they just fold up.

They aren’t terrible for what they are. Considering the “lite” isn’t really that light I’d rather the Kartel in tour layup. If you want a super soft jibby ski that does well in untouched soft snow they work. Once it gets chopped up you’ll die...unless your Owen Leeper.

I skied the keeper back to back with the Dps rpc a few years ago. The Icelantic felt like a plastic kids toy next to the Dps.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    They aren’t terrible for what they are. Considering the “lite” isn’t really that light I’d rather the Kartel in tour layup. If you want a super soft jibby ski that does well in untouched soft snow they work. Once it gets chopped up you’ll die...unless your Owen Leeper.
    This I was going to edit my above post to say that. If you want a quality built, damp, responsive ski go Kartel. Far superior.