Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Awesome to hear Hank, Evan and crew are solid guys!
    Are you lost? Or did you finally buy a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Ow. Thought that was reserved for ski season injury. Hand wrist injuries suck.
    OTB. My bad, as I was riding with my brother-in-law on his home trails, unfamiliar to me, and didn't scope out some lines/landings. Janky, chunky rocky rooty chute around Shrewsbury, MA. A series of 2-4' drops and little gaps, and I got a little too squirrely after landing the last one, of course.

Originally did it a couple months ago, slight sprain to it. Orthopod thinks it hadn't fully healed, and this time it tore. Didn't even hit it too hard, but that was enough for its weakened state.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Straw - Lost, always, new ride no but looking...in training for when Peruvian moves in to the hood so I can hopefully, at least keep him from lapping me.

Peruvian is all talk. Just keep drinking beer and that's all the training needed to ride with that wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Peruvian is all talk. Just keep drinking beer and that's all the training needed to ride with that wanker.
    Come to Ullrfest this fall with your bike, sucka!

Had a great time at KT last weekend. Trails were in excellent shape and surprisingly never had to wait behind any groups. GF had a stellar time her first outing on an MTB and was crushing rooty switchbacks on Poindcake, no brakes, within an hour. So exciting to see!

Also loved the scene at Village Sports. So pretty up there and the complete vacation experience.

Loved seeing this dad doing the au natural e bike assist for his young one!

Also had a few awesome laps in the bike park before one in our party broke her collarbone on jester . We were just starting to get into it and having a blast railing those A+ berms on that trail. Plus watching Josh Bryceland and his brit crew huck massive backies over the bottom stepdown!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

19 NE - It's all up from here

Oh shit! New whip is freaking sick. First new road bike in 15 years.
    First ride today. Set up tubeless at 76psi. Dudes!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1FC3919-912E-4159-9055-EAF37F0D237D.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	554.1 KB 
ID:	293736
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Aaaand done for the next 4-8 weeks. Partial to full UCL tear on the right. MRI Friday AM to confirm, and get a better look for bone chips/incarcerated bits that may require surgery.

Splint at the moment.

Already ordered up a SRAM gripshifter. Figure to run it on the left side and just get used to it while riding super mellow stuff for a while. Right hand on top of the bar feels OK, and I can brake with the lever angled a bit differently. Even that is out for a couple weeks.

Le sigh.
    Well that sux

Straw - Lost, always, new ride no but looking...in training for when Peruvian moves in to the hood so I can hopefully, at least keep him from lapping me.
    Peruvian moving to the Burlington area?? Everyone’s doing it.

FD, kids have been all consuming. Getting into a school pick up/drop off routine, preschool for the younger one a few days ta boot, Sat soccer, trying to squeeze in Willoughby trips, KT rides, actually work, blah blah. I do want to catch up soon. Been trying to finish up our home renovation too. Mostly paying others to do that but still a logistical nuance.

Sorry to hear about the injury, Scrub. Heal up.
    Uno mas

Just back from a two week road trip in ID, WY, MT. Ketchum => Stanley area is da bomb

Name:	IMG_0318.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	388.1 KB 
ID:	293748

TC, caught that in another thread. Glad to hear you had a sick trip. Want to ski ID.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Peruvian moving to the Burlington area?? Everyone’s doing it.

FD, kids have been all consuming. Getting into a school pick up/drop off routine, preschool for the younger one a few days ta boot, Sat soccer, trying to squeeze in Willoughby trips, KT rides, actually work, blah blah. I do want to catch up soon. Been trying to finish up our home renovation too. Mostly paying others to do that but still a logistical nuance.

Sorry to hear about the injury, Scrub. Heal up.
    Rumor has it...

All good, it's a long winter (ideally) so plenty of time.

Rumor has it...

All good, it's a long winter (ideally) so plenty of time.
    Let’s hope. At HF again this weekend if you want any cans. Happy to mule and give us an excuse to actually cross paths soon. Obv no worries if you’re beer plentiful.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Let’s hope. At HF again this weekend if you want any cans. Happy to mule and give us an excuse to actually cross paths soon. Obv no worries if you’re beer plentiful.
    Tempting but I'm good thanks.

Heal fast scrub.

Double Post! I'm a winner!

Suicide6 has developed that bike park nicely. Not news, I know, but this afternoon was only the second time I've ridden there, the first being their first week open. If any mags find themselves cashing in their VMBA freebie there, gimme a shout. So fun, right Anospa? Little braided, loamy, pick-em line sections- oh yes. Rode it with a friend and a youngster new to MTB, but with years on a dirtbike- felt like I stepped into my own little TGR MTB movie for a few seconds. For real- this place is really dope. Also, heard at the lift summit: "I don't want to live in a world where it takes a Post Malone song to make young people aware of Ozzy Ozbourne."

Two weeks before the VT 50, the bike I was planning to ride started creaking today.

Name:	IMG_8426.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	353.0 KB 
ID:	294050

I guess I can be thankful this didn’t happen during the race!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Two weeks before the VT 50, the bike I was planning to ride started creaking today.

Name:	IMG_8426.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	353.0 KB 
ID:	294050

I guess I can be thankful this didn’t happen during the race!
    Had the same thing happen, about a month ago.

Riding a borrowed bike for the 50 will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Laps; 09-15-2019 at 06:19 AM.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

So I guess Ti isn't all it's cracked up to be

^^^I see what ya did there.

Spanky- that looks like a Lynskey headbadge? Everyone I know who has ever owned a Lynskey (including myself) has had a few cracks. Luckily they were always great in the warranty dept.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So I guess Ti isn't all it's cracked up to be
    Not at all. My 3rd cracked ti frame. Time for some fantastic plastic, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Not at all. My 3rd cracked ti frame. Time for some fantastic plastic, I think.
    Steel

Steel is real.......

heavy. Great for gravel, not for mtb.

Quote Originally Posted by C Law View Post
    Spanky- that looks like a Lynskey headbadge? Everyone I know who has ever owned a Lynskey (including myself) has had a few cracks. Luckily they were always great in the warranty dept.
    Yes, you recognized the badge. In full disclosure, shortly after I bought this bike 8 years ago, I backed into the garage with it in a fork mounted roof rack and bent both the top and down tubes. Lynskey was awesome in repairing the bike for me. I think my accident probably voided the warranty though. I also believe that accident and the subsequent repair probably compromised the bike.

I've already contacted my awesome "somewhat local" bike shop (Bike Junkie in Bethpage, NY - seek them out if you ever have the chance) about a replacement purchase. They're going to send the pictures to Lynskey to see if anything can be done.

Thankfully, I can ride my 26" Santa Cruz Blur in the VT 50. Not as optimal of a ride as the 29" Lynskey HT. Ideally, I can get a replacement frame of comparable geometry before the race.

Or... Anyone have any experience having a crack like this repaired/welded? Is that a possibility?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.