Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 880
  1. #576
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,446
    ^^^Beast.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,033
    Rooted VT gravel race was a blast yesterday, couldn't ask for better weather either. A couple buddies and I did the 82 mile loop with 8k of vert. in a little over 6 hours of moving time. Definitely my longest ride to date but I felt reasonably strong right to the finish. The course had a bit more pavement than I preferred but the dirt roads and short trail selections were incredible. Lots of short punchy climbs and sketchy, fast, loose descents. Ted King put on a hell of an event that I'll be back for next year.

    Took a few pics but should've taken more:

    Base area at Cochran's

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4716.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	290206

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4719.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	290207

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4710 (1).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	290212

    Line up for the mass rolling start

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4761.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	290208

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4762.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	823.2 KB 
ID:	290209

    Aid station rest in some dude's front yard

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4767.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	290210

    Apres included many beers including a Double Nelson at the finish and some Pliny the Elder on tap at Three Penny.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58664112255__30E90ABB-C786-471A-A833-364511444956.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	757.1 KB 
ID:	290211

    Good day.

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westmoreland, NH/ Jericho, VT
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post

    Aid station rest in some dude's front yard

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4767.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	290210

    Good day.
    Best aid station ever?! My fam and another ran that mother! Hope you enjoyed it!

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Wilds of Maine
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Rode some zig zag at Joe Millionaires today. Not liking the pea stone on the road by the wedding tent, otherwise a good time.

    Attachment 290084
    Pea stone and gravel be slowly taking over the town trails around Portland, boo!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

    Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Best aid station ever?! My fam and another ran that mother! Hope you enjoyed it!
    Definitely the best aid station ever, thanks for hosting and for the awesome fluffer nitter sandwiches!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  6. #581
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Best aid station ever?! My fam and another ran that mother! Hope you enjoyed it!
    Ah, you were the "some dude" aid station! You guys killed it with the maple lemon iced tea (something like that) and nutella and PB sammies. Nice calories that carried me thru to the next stop. Pretty sure you pointed us towards the backyard singletrack, wish I thought to sat hi. Nice work!

  7. #582
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,716
    You shoulda had a change for a nickel sign in the yard

  8. #583
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,967
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Anyone racing Rooted this weekend? If so, and if you're on the long course; ask for change for a nickel to the guy in the Hawaiian shirt at the mid-point aid station. Might just be me. Gravel-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You shoulda had a change for a nickel sign in the yard
    Heads up was given.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  9. #584
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westmoreland, NH/ Jericho, VT
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You shoulda had a change for a nickel sign in the yard
    If it was my yard, I would have Was a generous gravel-friendly couple (one of whom just got back from racing the Rift in Iceland the week before!)

  10. #585
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westmoreland, NH/ Jericho, VT
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Ah, you were the "some dude" aid station! You guys killed it with the maple lemon iced tea (something like that) and nutella and PB sammies. Nice calories that carried me thru to the next stop. Pretty sure you pointed us towards the backyard singletrack, wish I thought to sat hi. Nice work!
    ha! No prob! Not to risk sounding sales-man-like.. as I do not work for Untapped Maple; but its an Untapped Maple product: Maple-Aid. It's amazing stuff and also comes in Ginger (kaPOW Ginger at that!) My oldest daughter was the nutella/PB sandwich making queen Sunday, she rocked it!

  11. #586
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,861
    Perfect weather in The Shire.
    Get on your bikes, it doesnít get much better than this!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DB6C352-CBE7-48C2-9DDF-E72A30CD7516.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	550.7 KB 
ID:	290693
    crab in my shoe mouth

  12. #587
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,336
    Well, it would be better if you were riding singletrack...on a mtn bike.

  13. #588
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,033
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A4EAF73-256A-4358-AFF1-635515CC0714.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	290762

    Weather and trail conditions have been all time lately.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,967
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Well, it would be better if you were riding singletrack...on a mtn bike.
    Dirt sidewalk on a gravel bike?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190809_210925.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	290765

    This evenings grind was so much more enjoyable than Wednesdays outing. Lower temps and DP are awesome.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A4EAF73-256A-4358-AFF1-635515CC0714.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	290762

    Weather and trail conditions have been all time lately.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My Kingdom! What was your loop. I was out last night cutting trail, got half the next new section cleared. Soon to be one long-ass descent from the first sister down to Slate Ave.

  16. #591
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,446
    If anyoneís riding the Point to Point roadie today, ask for change at the 22 mile aid station. And yeah- the last few days of riding have been sun-dappled loam fests. So good.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #592
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    My Kingdom! What was your loop. I was out last night cutting trail, got half the next new section cleared. Soon to be one long-ass descent from the first sister down to Slate Ave.
    I did 2 rides there this week with a buddy; first ride we had no idea where to go so we climbed up the lower trails, then up Paine Mt trail then to up to the summit. Brutal climbing up, such a dick kick. We then went off the summit, rode Red Trail and got bit lost on some awesome trail off Red then picked Red back up, down Orange to the car.

    We figured out a better, more concise loop for round 2. We climbed up the trail off Slate ave, came down Red, hit the same unmarked singletrack that sort of weaves around a fire road, made our way back to Red and down via Orange/yellow.

    Was really impressed - I underestimated how big that network is and how much vert there is. Iíve got a lot more exploring to do - I saw several more unmarked trails I just didnít have time to check out.

    Is the new trail your cutting the stuff I rode off the start of Red trail? Great riding, canít wait to get back.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I did 2 rides there this week with a buddy; first ride we had no idea where to go so we climbed up the lower trails, then up Paine Mt trail then to up to the summit. Brutal climbing up, such a dick kick. We then went off the summit, rode Red Trail and got bit lost on some awesome trail off Red then picked Red back up, down Orange to the car.

    We figured out a better, more concise loop for round 2. We climbed up the trail off Slate ave, came down Red, hit the same unmarked singletrack that sort of weaves around a fire road, made our way back to Red and down via Orange/yellow.

    Was really impressed - I underestimated how big that network is and how much vert there is. Iíve got a lot more exploring to do - I saw several more unmarked trails I just didnít have time to check out.

    Is the new trail your cutting the stuff I rode off the start of Red trail? Great riding, canít wait to get back.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I climb the Slate Ave trail up to the Summit, and rip down to Kingston rd...off of the Red Trail called the Clark rt. Make sure you CROSS the VAST trail and get that last bit of DH down to Kingston rd. It's new, and the intersection there is funky. If you make it down there turn left and climb the old road until you see the orange tape in the tree. Hit that mellow climb and you'll be on the VAST again. Turn left and follow it through the field and back into the woods and you'll close the loop and find the climb back up to the ridge. Ride out to Orange. Ride down through the Shaw Center (a few hidden shortcuts) and cut over through the quarry and across the Cheney Field (your pic) and up the PMT to hit Slate Ave last.

    Lately I've been working on some old trails between Irish Hill and Northfield. The next peak North on the ridge is as far as I have gotten, adding in fun, raw trails. From that knob there will be a fun run down to Slate Ave 95% DH, old school trail, 1400 vert over 3 miles. That little zone will add another good 45 minute out and back/loop to the network....and the climb out there is also a kick in the dick. #filters
    I'm busy for the next couple weeks, but would show you around if none of that makes sense.

  19. #594
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    but would show you around if none of that makes sense.
    Ha! It's so hard to describe trails and flow direction especially with intersections and horrible when there are dbl track intersections.

    Last time someone asked me for directions I was like, "at the second oak take a left, then the big boulder keep going straight....ah forget it. Just go get lost and learn it. It's the seacoast, keep an eye on the sun and you'll hit pavement sooner than later worst case"

  20. #595
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ha! It's so hard to describe trails and flow direction especially with intersections and horrible when there are dbl track intersections.

    Last time someone asked me for directions I was like, "at the second oak take a left, then the big boulder keep going straight....ah forget it. Just go get lost and learn it. It's the seacoast, keep an eye on the sun and you'll hit pavement sooner than later worst case"
    I like no signs. I like having to visit a place a few times to really get it dialed in. Finding single track used to be like a treasure hunt. Good times.

    The single track off the summit is the Summit trail. The trail from the shelter down to the double track(Red Blaze) is the Goat Path. The trail that continues down to Kingston rd is Pony Express upper/lower (Kingston tr). The climb up around the pot/raspberry field is Pot/Raspberry. The Climb from the vast up to the Ridge trail is Phil's. 3 climbs, 3 descents, a couple miles of rolling single track.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180829_202247.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	801.8 KB 
ID:	290906  

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,446
    Hey NE. Howís it hanginí? I did a roadie with the Peruvians on Sunday and 20mi at KT today in the pea soup air. Howís by youse?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Hey NE. How’s it hangin’? I did a roadie with the Peruvians on Sunday and 20mi at KT today in the pea soup air. How’s by youse?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I also rode 20 miles are KT today, must've missed ya.

  23. #598
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,446
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I also rode 20 miles are KT today, must've missed ya.
    Damn son, parallel lives.

  24. #599
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,556
    Letting the afternoon rain soak in. Riding tomorrow after work on a trail we havenít been on in months. Hopefully the nettles arenít too aggressive.

  25. #600
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Under the bridge, down by the river
    Posts
    4,619

    19 NE - It's all up from here

    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Damn son, parallel lives.
    I am jealous of you both.

    I had a solid ride around Moretown on Saturday. Of course it alternated between pouring and sunny. Did some class IV exploring that became more hiking than riding. Solo rides on unscouted rides are no joke, I had a few moments where I thought, if I have a problem out there Iím really screwed.

    Being back at work is tough today. Iím predicting VT move in a year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AfterlightImage.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	291110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AfterlightImage.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	291111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AfterlightImage.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	628.1 KB 
ID:	291112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1651.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	291113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1648.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	291114

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •