Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 879
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,306
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Well, that's good because I don't like the bible thumpin' stuff.

    Roadies, as a group, in general, are assholes.
    Isn't there some sort of chart or something?

    From worst to "I won't try to hit them with my car"
    - Hipster
    - Triathlete
    - Roadie
    - Single-speed NIMBY
    - SpandXC
    - EndurBro
    - Guy who rides bike
    - Kid
    Last edited by smartyiak; 05-20-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    No thanks. I'll stick with porn. - Benny

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,330
    ^ha!

    I ride with some roadies that are good friends and they're the first ones to call the group a bunch of assholes! Another generalization...mtn bikers that are also roadies are usually not assholes. At least 75% of them. That's a highly scientific stat btw.

    Surfers too...what a bunch of assholes!

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Isn't there some sort of chart or something?

    From worst to "I won't try to hit them with my car"
    - Hipster
    - Triathlete
    - Roadie
    - Single-speed NIMBY
    - Spando-XC
    - EndurBro
    - Guy who rides bike
    - Kid
    This is gold jerry. Gold!

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,960
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,330
    About 90% so finally got on a bike last night! Yahoo!

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Got out with Youth Build to clean up some trail yesterday. Ride today. Perfect dirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190516_110555.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	282794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190515_102201.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	282793  

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,711
    Nice.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,553

    19 NE - It's all up from here

    So Iíve got a set of WTB i19 ST wheels and a Stans Flow wheel with a shot NEO hub that I no longer need/use.

    Thoughts on whether there is a market for them or a fair price?

    Iíll take beer trade offers from mags.
    Last edited by Peruvian; 05-16-2019 at 03:11 PM.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westmoreland, NH/ Jericho, VT
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    So Iíve got a set of WTB i19 ST wheels and a Stans Flow wheel with a shot NEO hub that I no longer need/use.

    Thoughts on whether there is a market for them or a fair price?

    Iíll take beer trade offers from mags.
    G- maybe.. can you send me pics? interested for a secondary set for the gravel bikes..that and I love collecting bike parts

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,960
    Pleasant evening in the backyard on a section of trail that hasn't had the base leaves ripped off with overzealous leaf blowing yet.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190516_180129.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	282842

    Someone got eaten

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190516_181908.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	282843
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,716
    I'm going to ignore the pleas from all of the local trail groups and ride today. It can't be that muddy and I've reached the point where I don't really care, if I fuck something up I'll fix it.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,031
    Great dawn patrol pedal around Adams Camp and Trapp this morning. Upper trails were a bit greasy but lower trails are rolling nice.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10928F01-1E03-4088-8D78-A9BC4B72B531.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	282987

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4055.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	282989


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Tap Line is a DOUBLE BLACK DIAMOND. In who's fucking universe? Dumb.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,716
    Not only was it not muddy it was fkn perfect! The next time I hear someone talkin' shit about e-mtb's I'm gonna give 'em a big fat face full of smiles because I know it will bother them and walk away knowing that my first ride after having a heart attack was fucking wonderful! Hell to the mutha f'n yeah for e-bikes Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190516_104140.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	283062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190518_184004.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	283063

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,716
    Damn twisted and upside down shit. WTF.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    736
    Flowy, duffy goodness ruined by new landowners and posted signs. Kind of sad this trail is done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,716
    It's always sad when legacy trails get shut down due to new landowners or management strategies.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Under the bridge, down by the river
    Posts
    4,619
    Great ride today out of Boston with a slew of other folks. Each year the number of non-disc brakes goes down, but these miniVs are awesome, it was only until the end that I was wishing I had discs. Weather was a mixed bag, started out great, got terrible, and ended beautifully. But hot damn it was muddy for a bit. I say it over and over, so there are so many amazing trails around Boston. This route included some that were new to me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1328.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	283114


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Tap Line is a DOUBLE BLACK DIAMOND. In who's fucking universe? Dumb.
    Yep. I'll never understand why they don't make Growler/Tapline one continuous "blue" trail. My only guess is the tourist clientele that stays at Trapp would consider Tapline to be very challenging.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Great ride today out of Boston with a slew of other folks. Each year the number of non-disc brakes goes down, but these miniVs are awesome, it was only until the end that I was wishing I had discs. Weather was a mixed bag, started out great, got terrible, and ended beautifully. But hot damn it was muddy for a bit. I say it over and over, so there are so many amazing trails around Boston. This route included some that were new to me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1328.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	283114


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I want to do this next year, I checked it out on Strava, looks awesome.
    Is it just a big group ride? Or was it on Bike Reg?
    crab in my shoe mouth

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    It's wet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190519_150603.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	930.9 KB 
ID:	283169  

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    4,529
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Well the Darling Hill KT's opened this past weekend even though most everything still has a serious case of damp.

    In the meantime I sold my 15y.o. mountain bike at the local bike swap. Now I have nothing to ride. The bike swap didn't have anything that fit my tall ass (I'm 6'4"). So now I'm in the market for a XL framed 29'r. Since I've kind of been out of riding for the last 7-8 years I've kind of lost track of what brands/models are good for someone my size. I'm getting back into now that my kids are old enough to ride the trails. Any of you have any recommendations for east coast style trails (since I'm next door to the KT's I'll likely be riding around there the most)?

    Restrictions: I'd like to not have to choose between paying my mortgage and paying for a bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by handlebarsfsr View Post
    Buy used. For kt, a good hardtail or shorter travel fs bike will work well. Not many bad 29íers built in the past 4-5 years, anything you buy thatís 2014 or newer will be orders of magnitude better than what you were on. Should be able to get a good hardtail under $700 used, a nice fully will run you $1000-1200 for something decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I grabbed my wife a left over Kona 29er from a shop for 1400 a few years ago. I ride it sometimes if I'm going for a long tour. I find it to be fun and adequate. OK forks, hydro brakes. Fun bike. You get a lot for your money at the solid entry level HT price point. With a little deal new gear is doable. Nothing like that new bike smell...
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It really is amazing how nice a $1200 bike can be, especially if it can handle 3" tires. I have a super nice Norco Sight A1 but still take my good ol' steel hardtail out most of the time. Anybody looking for a deal on a medium long travel trail bike with less than 15 miles on it?
    Thanks for all the advice guys.

    In the end I did take your advice and picked up a hard tail instead of FS. I changed things up a bit and went with a Specialized Fuze, with 27.5" wheels with oversize tires. The over size tires end up being almost the same diameter where the rubber meets the trail as a standard 29" wheel/tire. At 1/3 the price, I'm very impressed with the ride. I was afraid the large tires would be slow but combined with the efficiency of the hard tail I can really get this bike moving and feel like I can power it through almost anything.
    I only rode a few miles with the family yesterday at the KT's yesterday (holy Canadian holiday shit show!). No technical trails but I did take it into some of the skills parks/pump tracks and was very pleased with it. I felt way more comfortable than I used to on my old full suspension.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bike 1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	283174

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bike 2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	283175

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bike 3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	283176
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,824
    Nice! Reminds me of my bike:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1160.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	283177

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,031
    Nice choice, NEK. Hardtails are awesome for so many reasons, especially for Kingdom Trails. I'm up there riding a few times a month so drop me a message if you wanna ride.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,330
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys.

    In the end I did take your advice and picked up a hard tail instead of FS. I changed things up a bit and went with a Specialized Fuze, with 27.5" wheels with oversize tires. The over size tires end up being almost the same diameter where the rubber meets the trail as a standard 29" wheel/tire. At 1/3 the price, I'm very impressed with the ride. I was afraid the large tires would be slow but combined with the efficiency of the hard tail I can really get this bike moving and feel like I can power it through almost anything.
    I only rode a few miles with the family yesterday at the KT's yesterday (holy Canadian holiday shit show!). No technical trails but I did take it into some of the skills parks/pump tracks and was very pleased with it. I felt way more comfortable than I used to on my old full suspension.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bike 1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	283174

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bike 2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	283175

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bike 3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	283176
    Sweet ride!

    But what annoys the fuck out of me is when people lug lumber into the woods and leave the plastic tags on the end of the 2x's. Take the garbage with you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •