Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Do this ride next year!
    In.

Soaker last night. The current surface water readings really do show the precipitation belt right across the middle of the state. What is a snow belt in the winter is keeping the fish happy this summer. Lots of trail work getting done anyway....
    https://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?m=real&r=vt

If anyone is interested, I'm going to be putting my large Hightower C frame up for sale soon. It's been ridden for 3 seasons and has seen plenty of use but works perfectly. New hardware, new shock bushings and re-built shock since last season. Frame is tight as a drum - no clunks or creaks. I'd like to sell in local and not have to ship.

I also have a 140 mm Pike RC that came off the frame that I'm looking to sell as well.

PM me if you're interested and want more info.

Bond brook was a mixed bag; parts felt as dry as midsummer, other parts super tacky, and then muck. I still think “Northern Exposure” and “wannabe” are so much fun. A buddy brought by a few from Treehouse this week

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	287251

Name:	IMG_1684.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	287252

NJ* has some hills too... first time out at this spot since my New Years knee injury. Still not 100% but it felt good to get back here.

Name:	IMG_7990.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	444.7 KB 
ID:	287256

*Ringwood, NJ
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    If anyone is interested, I'm going to be putting my large Hightower C frame up for sale soon.
    And whhhat, pray tell, are you replacing it with?

Was in your hood today riding for the cross-VT trail fundraiser. Did a very soft 15 miles and 1000' vert grinder and skipped the free maple creemy as penance. Back to 100% health, though, so much UUV riding this week, including a beating from Anospa if anyone wants to come ride with him and keep him company while he waits for me at the top of climbs.

As to rain- not as soaked down here, though I ain't been in the woods today. That said the few miles of "loose" dirt I road today in MontP/Calais- which from the sound of it got socked last night, was wonderfully tacky at high speeds.

Edit: ^^^NE NJ gets my vote for most underrated region in the Tristate/NE. Git'after'it Spanky!

19 NE - It's all up from here

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    And whhhat, pray tell, are you replacing it with?

Was in your hood today riding for the cross-VT trail fundraiser. Did a very soft 15 miles and 1000' vert grinder and skipped the free maple creemy as penance. Back to 100% health, though, so much UUV riding this week, including a beating from Anospa if anyone wants to come ride with him and keep him company while he waits for me at the top of climbs.

As to rain- not as soaked down here, though I ain't been in the woods today. That said the few miles of "loose" dirt I road today in MontP/Calais- which from the sound of it got socked last night, was wonderfully tacky at high speeds.
    I’ve got my eye on the newly redesigned Hightower and the latest Ibis Ripley. I’m working in finding a Ripley demo very soon.

I saw that Cross VT ride on Strava this morning; great route. Awesome you got to ride up here. I ride those roads from my place often. This part of VT is overlooked for gravel riding; the dirt roads are endless.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by HankScorpio; 06-30-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    NJ* has some hills too... first time out at this spot since my New Years knee injury. Still not 100% but it felt good to get back here.

Name:	IMG_7990.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	444.7 KB 
ID:	287256

*Ringwood, NJ
    Love that place but they should change the name to Rockwood. Fkn rocky and abusive but yeah, fun. Awesome to see you back and out and getting after it.

Edit: ^^^NE NJ gets my vote for most underrated region in the Tristate/NE. Git'after'it Spanky!
    I put the Lower Hudson Valley above NNJ. Some of what's going on here is just wonderful riding.

Took this for a spin yesterday. What an awesome bike! Really impressed with the way it cornered. It was actually good at everything. Climbed well and incredibly smooth on small drops 15-20 mph. I'll take one please

Last edited by jackstraw; 07-02-2019 at 08:09 AM.

I love how clean rear suspensions have gotten. Nothing against my buddy that rides an Evil, but that knuckle looks like shit compared to that Rustler.

Great ride last night on my buddy's backyard trails. Some on his land, some on his Uncle Sam's property. He says if Ivanka can be Sec. of State, he can be Sec. of Interior.

NEMBA Fest was a mud pit by Sunday, they were pulling rep vans out of the field with farm tractors. If I wasn't there for work I wouldn't be there at all

Thursday and Friday on the trails at KT was just about perfect. Saturday was a little wet, but still a good day. Sunday sucked, but 3/4 good days is just fine with the nek.

Holiday weekend check in- Mt. Peg is priiiiime. Tack-tacular.

Holiday weekend check in- Mt. Peg is priiiiime. Tack-tacular.

A guy I know from town was up there today for his first time ever, and he said the same thing. He loved it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Rode our tech spot yesterday for the first time since getting hurt and man is my game off! Nothing like techy shit to show you how much you suck! Went down and broke my shifter lever. Kid I was with is a mechanic, so he got it somewhat operational...which was nice.

I found this fucker on me this morning. So small

Annual July 4 ride. This year we started with 2 dozen and ended up with 9 back at my bud’s house for g&t’s.

Name:	IMG_3845.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	287736

Name:	IMG_3846.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	578.2 KB 
ID:	287737

Not everyone is prepared for the adventure that is the Holt Mtn Ski, Bike, and Literary Club ride.

Northfield trails are finally all dry and ripping. (see what today brings) New (reclaimed) route opening up out to the next peak North soon, will greatly facilitate the Irish Hill interconnection project. Also, we got the green light to build trails on the few hundred acres south of the Shaw Center from the same family that donated the land for NU to move here from Norwich 200 years ago. The Goodrich. Nathaniel Goodrich was the first person to skin and ski Mansfield. His son Art was a professional DH ski racer in the 30s and 40s. More projects than time right now. Good times in Nrthfld.

35 miles, 2700’ vert grinder through the National Forest this morning. I hope they never fix the washouts.

Not the full blown 1 mile to 100’ vert gravel crusher ratio but it was fucking hot out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    35 miles, 2700’ vert grinder through the National Forest this morning. I hope they never fix the washouts.

Not the full blown 1 mile to 100’ vert gravel crusher ratio but it was fucking hot out there!
    Did you get to those forest service roads behind Stratton? I pedaled those a while back and it was rougher than expected but still an adventure.

I also attempted a “short” grinder around your neck of the woods a few days ago. One of the forest service roads off rt. 11 (old Manchester rd?) appeared to connect to another dirt road but it turned out to be overgrown and impassable. I turned back and had to slog rt 11 to 30 then take French Hollow rd. bc of the shit show that is now rt. 30. A short ride turned into a 30 miler.

We rode out the Danby Rd (FS 10) to the end of FS 60 and back. The road was washed out just south of Devils Den so there is very little car/truck traffic along the road.

I tried connecting Old Manchester road on a mtn bike almost 20 years ago. Well known beaver ponds back there which would have stopped you if the brush didn’t.

You could have continued to South Rd down to Winhall Hollow. Great dirt on Spring Hill to Haven Hill, past Gale Meadows into Bondville too.

My daughter wants a gravel bike but at 4'11" it's tough to find something the right size for her. Anybody have anything they want to sell?

Hopefully this burst of rain moving through isn't too significant. Things have dried out nicely, even got dusty and turned some spots into hardpan, so maybe this will just tack it back up. Here's to hoping Gonna ride this afternoon. @scrublover are you around?

It’s drying out nicely here in So VT. Trails that are usually mud pits just have a few wet spots here and there. Last nights ride was a blast with perfect temps and no sweaty rocks or roots.

Sorry you couldn’t stick around cabinfever. You and your buds would have liked the techy lines.

Wish i could have made it. Where did you end up riding?

That Don't Make No Sense

Had a fun first blast around Saxon Hill last Tuesday night, super fun network there. Was having a cracking lap at Perry Hill the following day until I pushed hard into a rooty g-out on Rasta Man and CRACK!!!! .... exploded the rear rim on my ENVEs, crack almost to the spokeline. Did not think I would ever do that, especially after some of the chunk I've ridden the past four years on those wheels and been fine.

A fever after the 4th kept me down following that, so Burke enduro was out of the question despite Allspeed deserving major props for foraging for a leftover rim for me to borrow. Hoping the luck turns around this week, it'd be nice to ride a few days this week consistently and not confront a major gear/health issue haha.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.