Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 743
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Ah, fells stoke ftw! So much rad stuff to be had in there. I'm excited to see we're finally getting snow, but definitely not ready to give up on riding dirt.
    .

    Agreed! Has anyone tried skiing in there? There are some 100-150ish foot pitches that look pretty fun, particularly near the Fallon Rd entrance. If we ever get snow.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,680
    GravityLover, good luck with whatever it is youíre recovering from. I expect the bike will be a major factor in my tibial plateau fracture recovery this spring/summer/fall.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Agreed! Has anyone tried skiing in there? There are some 100-150ish foot pitches that look pretty fun, particularly near the Fallon Rd entrance. If we ever get snow.
    Hahahaha, oh good god, this is the best and most sarcastic instagram post I have ever made:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQWS9GcgktQ/

    The potential for greatness exists, but this as this terribly (amazing) edited video shows, wind plays big role. Bear hill has solid steeps but need to get the right storms to have snow actually stay in place and be usable.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQWL62lAdnb/

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,755

    19 NE - It's all up from here

    Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Hahahaha, oh good god, this is the best and most sarcastic instagram post I have ever made:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQWS9GcgktQ/

    The potential for greatness exists, but this as this terribly (amazing) edited video shows, wind plays big role. Bear hill has solid steeps but need to get the right storms to have snow actually stay in place and be usable.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQWL62lAdnb/
    Total victory, well done, I lolíd. Iíll show this to my buds who I talked about it with.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 01-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,669
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    GravityLover, good luck with whatever it is youíre recovering from. I expect the bike will be a major factor in my tibial plateau fracture recovery this spring/summer/fall.
    We'll have to hook up and ride slowly together. Hope you're not hurtin' too much.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    201
    B St ride this afternoon, maybe the last for a while before the snow hits


  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,007
    Anyone been on the new fat bike trails in North Branch Park in Montpelier? They opened them last week and I plan on checking them out Sunday.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    75

    Itís over

    Looks like the dirt is gone in WMASS for awhile.. It was sweet while it lasted 👍

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,669
    52* and heavy rain It's possible that the glacier will melt off in one fell swoop today and it will be a total mudfest out there by the end of the day. Thankfully it's supposed to be back in the teens and twenties with single digits at night so it should freeze right back up. So... no mudfest but it will be a block of ice. I guess it's not so terrible that I can't ride or even play outdoors this winter

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,007
    Fat biking will be fast and firm after tonight. Might be time to break out the studs.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Fat biking will be fast and firm after tonight. Might be time to break out the studs.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Just snapped a tire lever switching to my studs. These rim/tire combos are a nightmare. If I ever get a flat I'm either walking the bike out or I'm just going leave it in the woods. I run tubes, so they're full of Stan's to hopefully prevent a flat. A bit heavy yes, but better than a flat. Eventually I'll pony up for tubeless or just go ghetto.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Just snapped a tire lever switching to my studs. These rim/tire combos are a nightmare. If I ever get a flat I'm either walking the bike out or I'm just going leave it in the woods. I run tubes, so they're full of Stan's to hopefully prevent a flat. A bit heavy yes, but better than a flat. Eventually I'll pony up for tubeless or just go ghetto.
    Got a Farley with Bonty rims/tires and can't break the bead no matter what I do. Tried all sorts of utube methods and no luck. They aint never coming off unless I cut them apart. Be warned.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,007
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Just snapped a tire lever switching to my studs. These rim/tire combos are a nightmare. If I ever get a flat I'm either walking the bike out or I'm just going leave it in the woods. I run tubes, so they're full of Stan's to hopefully prevent a flat. A bit heavy yes, but better than a flat. Eventually I'll pony up for tubeless or just go ghetto.
    I figure flat tires are rare with fat biking on snow; you're not getting those sudden abrupt impacts that cause pinch flats. I run tubes too and have never had a flat, even down to 3 psi. I'll go tubeless eventually but wrestling those tires off, taping the rims, wrestling them back on and sealing them seems like a lot of effort.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,669
    Boy, you guys need rims designed properly. All it takes is a bit of oomph and I can pop the tires off my rims, usually without tire levers, but even at 4-5 psi they won't roll off. I struggled with a few different ones before finding what I have now, once I did no more struggles getting them on, off or sealing up.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Got a Farley with Bonty rims/tires and can't break the bead no matter what I do. Tried all sorts of utube methods and no luck. They aint never coming off unless I cut them apart. Be warned.
    Yeah, I have to step on the tire to break the bead. Throw the thing on the ground and step on it! I learned the here or mtbr...I forget. But even then, getting the bead over the rim is such a pia. It can be done, but I don't want to do it in the field.

    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I figure flat tires are rare with fat biking on snow; you're not getting those sudden abrupt impacts that cause pinch flats. I run tubes too and have never had a flat, even down to 3 psi. I'll go tubeless eventually but wrestling those tires off, taping the rims, wrestling them back on and sealing them seems like a lot of effort.
    A lot of the time we have mixed conditions over here. So I'm on rock/dirt with snow and ice. I've had two flats with my old fatty. That rim/tire combo was not an issue.

    My newer beargrease with whatever stock rim it has and the 45north tires are the nightmare.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    201
    Fun to be had here the last few days in the Pioneer Valley with the little snow left.

    Anything off camber was slick though
    [

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,007
    More fat fun today. 8 degrees, no wind and Camelís Hump behind me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3315.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	266905


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,236
    Got out late yesterday so the snow had warmed significantly. The beauty of non ideal conditions is you pack a couple beers and just go out and have a good time...so we did. Love fat biking on a sunny day.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Got out late yesterday so the snow had warmed significantly. The beauty of non ideal conditions is you pack a couple beers and just go out and have a good time...so we did. Love fat biking on a sunny day.
    Or ride to the top of a hill with a little goodie box, complete w/whiskey, shot glasses and dog treats!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,735
    That's awesome!!! ^^^


    Ranger reg opens this Friday, Tunbridge is so much fun.

    Lets Party!


    "Registration on bikereg opens February 1st with $15 savings that day only."

    bikereg.com/the-ranger0
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Or ride to the top of a hill with a little goodie box, complete w/whiskey, shot glasses and dog treats!

    That is killer!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    That is killer!
    Yeah, but now I need to replace the whiskey...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Yeah, but now I need to replace the whiskey...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Are these FOTW trails? I've been meaning to check those out.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,236
    We ended up with snow then a lot of sleet on the immediate coast. First tracks are a bit crunchy and slowish, almost supportive, but second lap is fast and fun! A small group ride will make it perfect.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Are these FOTW trails? I've been meaning to check those out.
    No, but close. I can give you a tour if you want. Pm me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •