Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    The pissed off Hornets happens every fall. Don't know why they get so aggro this time of year.

Still finding new stuff around cape Elizabeth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2079.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	295681

^^ Where's all the leaves down? My area is covered like it's late October, the trails disappeared over the last few days. I'm hoping they really come down down quick and get it over with so they get ridden down quickly while lots of riders are still out. Boy after all that wet for 18 months it sure did dry out. It's sandy and turns are getting all blown out, rocks are popping loose and armoring is falling apart because the soil has contracted so much. Branches are just falling too, it's like a derailleur hanger snapping party out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    The pissed off Hornets happens every fall. Don't know why they get so aggro this time of year.
    They're sensing their impending doom after a few cool nights.

GO VT50 Riders!! Just saw the runners at mile ~20, oof!

Beauty of a day out there- git sum!
    Last edited by biggins; 09-29-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Pleasant and cool riding yesterday. Tacky trails and leaves to rustle as well.

Name:	20190929_220456.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	295832
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    A couple of my friends did the upper loop. Pics look amazing. Wonder who will be the first to complete it all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Looks like fun

Attachment 295217
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Awesome! Maybe I should carry 2 Epi-pens!
    Yup, I got stung. On the ass. About 10 miles into the race. Thankfully, I didn't have an allergic reaction and was able to complete the race.

The weather and trail conditions couldn't have been better. Such a well run event too!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

^^^agreed. Love that they add more singletrack each year. Makes the second half of the race really interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

The mgr of the bike shop at the bottom of my hill came in 2nd Cat 2, not sure of his age though. He was on the Colombian National team for a while before coming here to the States a few years ago. I've ridden with him a few times and the things he does at the speeds he does them are nuts. He's like 4'10" and the dude just crushes it. So if a little dude named Enrique passed you don't feel bad.

I just looked at the results, he was 92nd overall, well over an hour behind the winner.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Got out yesterday for a nice long mellow spin. Up Slate Ave, out to the Sister on George's/Dr.Wag. We climbed the new bit at the end of Dr.Wag which has a couple fun tech moves. From the top you can almost see Mont. Dub. Need to clear a view next time I'm out that way. Then back south on Dr.Wag (riding real good south) to the brand new Cross Trail (also riding real good for bumpy loam) to the top of the rock garden. Then up to the Paine Summit for the 1.7 mile rip down to Kingston Rd on Pony Express. The foliage up in the Pot Raspberry field was pretty epic. It's a 270 degree bowl of Maple covered ridge lines with a view south down to Killington. Slogged back up Phill's and out the Ridge and Pond trails to the top of Ski Norwich. Took Orange out. Opted out of climbing the PMT to the Slate Ave Dh. 4.5 hours, a couple Js, no mechanicals. Perfect fall day.

Jump in traffic this year. The Summit trail is showing wear, as are the older trails like Ridge/Pong. The leaf-drop will regenerate and tighten things back up. I see the enduro-bros here pretty often. They have pushed some of the turns on the fast sections wider so it will be fun to go out and build those lines, and a few more cool airs/tech features this month. Also some trees down, so time to take a walk with the chainsaw. Sea of Leaves soon. It's been amazing this last month or so. Mountain Bikes are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I just looked at the results, he was 92nd overall, well over an hour behind the winner.
    Go on Now
    I didn't check the results, was just going on what he said. Ahh well, guess I should double check what people say. Life lesson...

This is a good article about the Killington area with a (boring) but not terrible video of the GMT. https://mtbparks.com/Mountain-Bike-P...ylifFvXvxVyHb0

Saw those folks on the dog-walk, that's our standard home-school loop. Low hanging fruits, I think they just rode the Shaw Center. It's a perfect filter.

Complete topic drift but maybe good for some Boston mag. Buddy of mine is looking to sell a pair of floor tickets to Thievery Corp w/ Karl Denson opening at House of Blues on Oct 13, $35 each.

https://www.houseofblues.com/boston/...9047&offerid=0

Any mags headed to Carrabassett Valley next weekend? Planning on going up for the weekend and will likely ride both days.

WTF is with all the hit and run deaths lately? 4 in NY in the last couple of days One happened a few weeks ago but he just died yesterday. The penalties for drivers have got to get more severe, they just have to. I can't even look at my pavement bikes right now.

85 degrees, humid and nasty today. We got a touch of rain the last two nights so the soil tacked up a little bit which was nice, then we got a little bit more wetness this afternoon. It ought to be prime tomorrow morning after the cold front comes through. Man I'm looking forward to a good couple of below freezing nights to put these damned bugs down...

85`??? Mid 50's all day here and 35` now bob.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Heading up to KTA tomorrow for the weekend with a dozen and a half buds. Hit me up if you are around and want to enjoy some madness.

I don't think he can smoke then all..

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

I'll be happy to help

Wet trim eh? Old school. Dry trimming is the future of quality cannabis. Preserve those trichomes brah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPZWVB8fCLM

Name:	IMG_5261.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	296551

A balmy 28 degrees this morning at dawn.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^ great pic.