Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Woke up at 2:30am in Denver, caught a train to DIA, landed in ALB, drove home, changed clothes, and hit the trails.

No wonder this happened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4103.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	969.4 KB 
ID:	292435

Which shop in Burlington would be best to have this repaired this weekend while Mrs P and I do the 3 ferry ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Woke up at 2:30am in Denver, caught a train to DIA, landed in ALB, drove home, changed clothes, and hit the trails.

No wonder this happened.

Name:	IMG_4103.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	969.4 KB 
ID:	292435

Which shop in Burlington would be best to have this repaired this weekend while Mrs P and I do the 3 ferry ride?
    I would suggest Earl's. I think they habe the most mechanics on at any given moment. Joe, David or Andrew (owner) are all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Anyplace but Northstar.

Talk about the wrong tool for the job

Out and back from the Rock Garden route morphage. A climb on the return trip was a flow breaker...one more peace will complete an epic Peak to Creek run.

Beware of steep, loamy, un-built, side-hill weirdness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_105346_LI.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	918.4 KB 
ID:	292473  

^^Hey Dave, just for reference is the PMT trail the newish one that stops at Kingston Rd.?

Really digging these trails lately. I spoke to another rider there last week who was raving about the trails you've built. Vermont needs more trails like the ones at Norwich.

PMT is the Paine Mtn Trails. They are the backbone of the system that extends to Irish Hill. Northfield CC has done signage and hired Youth Corps from time to time to do work on these trails. You start on the PMT coming out of Cheney Field, the spot with the nice view. It's a White Blaze, then changes to Blue up past the brook crossing. Then splits into Orange and Red. Orange goes up to the Hawk Watch Shelter, and the Summit trail. Red stays low and cuts through the saddle, then drops down to Kingston rd.

At the top of the Rock Garden, a crux-climb on the Hawk Watch Loop, more old roads go off to your left. These head out to Irish Hill via the ridge and there is some more single track here and there. The next Peak north of the Summit will be a worthy little trip once the newest sections get burned in.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Paine. It's a fun experiment.

19 NE - It's all up from here

Looking at buying a bike in Burlington, making the day trip up from MA later this week, likely Friday. What would be some good trails to check out for some fun riding that won’t take me all day to do? Ideally somewhere that I don’t bound off miles and miles into the woods and that I can use Trailforks or easily find a map for, I’ll be alone. Doesn’t need to be very challenging, TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    I would suggest Earl's. I think they habe the most mechanics on at any given moment. Joe, David or Andrew (owner) are all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one in Burlington had it in stock and couldn't get it by Saturday, so I called Alpine Bike Works at Killington. Have I mentioned they are one of the best shops in Vermont?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Looking at buying a bike in Burlington, making the day trip up from MA later this week, likely Friday. What would be some good trails to check out for some fun riding that won’t take me all day to do? Ideally somewhere that I don’t bound off miles and miles into the woods and that I can use Trailforks or easily find a map for, I’ll be alone. Doesn’t need to be very challenging, TIA.
    What bikes are you looking at? New/used?

I bought my Ibis Ripley at Alpine Bike Works (see post above) and getting to test ride it at Green Mountain Trails was pretty sweet. They carry Giant, Santa Cruz, and Yeti, too.

What bikes are you looking at? New/used?

I bought my Ibis Ripley at Alpine Bike Works (see post above) and getting to test ride it at Green Mountain Trails was pretty sweet. They carry Giant, Santa Cruz, and Yeti, too.
    I’m looking at a new Transition Patrol @ outdoor gear exchange, it’s a pretty nice deal at around $2500

That sounds pretty sweet... can’t see why I wouldn’t stop by while I’m there. Trying to keep it around $2500 or less, ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Cochran's. Right off the Richmond exit on 89 when you head out of Burlington.

Perry Hill is right off 89.

Thanks guys

Cochrans is more fun than Perry, but Perry is more contained and less likely to get you loss.

https://www.tetongravity.com/feature...d-gears-part-2

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    https://www.tetongravity.com/feature...d-gears-part-2

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Haha. That piece says so much.

3:03:42 at the Overland
    Rider 765

Name:	IMG_0067.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	572.4 KB 
ID:	292523

Dirty Pizza coming up, it’s a great event
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^^Wife and I are registered.

Sweet!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    I would suggest Earl's. I think they have the most mechanics on at any given moment. Joe, David or Andrew (owner) are all good.
    Bino is the best. I've known him for years and would be happy to have him or Andrew work on my bikes.

No one in Burlington had it in stock and couldn't get it by Saturday, so I called Alpine Bike Works at Killington. Have I mentioned they are one of the best shops in Vermont?!?!?
    ABW rocks. Andrew, the mgr, is a good kid and strong rider and Tony the owner is good people. They also have the Camp trails right across the street so test rides are easily done on dirt. I also really like Green Mt in Rochester, Doon is great.

Mrs P and I are heading to Burlington to do the 3 ferry ride this weekend. Anyone interested in joining us? We’re flexible on which day/time as we expect to do some other riding while there anyway.

edit - thoughts on this Crazy 8 for a ride in Stowe?
    Last edited by Peruvian; 08-29-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    3:03:42 at the Overland
    Rider 765

Name:	IMG_0067.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	572.4 KB 
ID:	292523

Dirty Pizza coming up, it’s a great event
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    That before or after you got punched?

Mrs P and I are heading to Burlington to do the 3 ferry ride this weekend. Anyone interested in joining us? We’re flexible on which day/time as we expect to do some other riding while there anyway.

Labor Day weekend riding a bike on 100 between Stowe and Waterbury Center? Swimming Hole to Lost Nation is another great stretch of road. Fuckin'ell that would suck. Grinding gravel on Elmore would be the highlight, the climb at the end will have you thinking of a cold one.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Heading to Willoughby for weekend but keep me in mind next time in Burlington. Enjoy.
    Uno mas