Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Don't sleep on Grafton Ponds. Tech-tacular spot.

Kids had their last regular season race there today and it proved grueling- in an old school, keep a fast pedal going at all times kind of way. Great people too. Bikes + kids = friggin' awwsum!
    Did you see a bunch of dudes that looked familiar from Ullrfest there?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Did you see a bunch of dudes that looked familiar from Ullrfest there?
    Yes indeedy! Good folk. Great race.

Don't sleep on Grafton Ponds. Tech-tacular spot.

Kids had their last regular season race there today and it proved grueling- in an old school, keep a fast pedal going at all times kind of way. Great people too. Bikes + kids = friggin' awwsum!
    Have they expanded the network? Haven’t been there in 5 years with a bike. It’s close to me, I might have to get back over there.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I also haven't ridden Grafton is a few years. Last time I was there, there was one dude maintaining the trails and running the little rental shop. Kinda felt like the biking was fizzling out there. Sounds like they've revived the trails there a bit?

It’s small still, but yes, they’ve added and updated. What they haven’t done is smooth anything out- chunky like Millstone. It’s fun. It’s also really beautiful down there which is a nice bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I finally got up to Green Woodlands in Dorchester NH for the first time. That place could be all time if they added a little bit of old school rake and ride to the machine built stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    I finally got up to Green Woodlands in Dorchester NH for the first time. That place could be all time if they added a little bit of old school rake and ride to the machine built stuff.
    That is, I think, the long term plan. All second hand chatter here, so take it with a grain of salt, but from what I understand it's been a very measured, political process for the land owner- getting all the infrastructure done in a way that pleases the masses and keeps the local towns invested. Seems like this year (only year 2 keep in mind), they finished the bulk of the main cataracts, if you will. The plan, then, in the coming years, is to fill things in with more traditional tech, rake and ride stuff and burly free ride lines. Again, this information is not from the land owner himself, so do with it what you will.

That said, I go to GW with a mindset of pedaling my nuts off for as long as I can, knowing that everything flows like butter. Lately that has meant 3 hours, no breaks, cannot move legs afterwards, ear-to-ear grin from all that swoopy flow. I love it. I don't always crave that kind of riding, but when I hear folks complain that GW is nothing more than a 30 mile pump-track (not suggesting this is what you're saying geo), I always think, well, a thirty mile pumptrack is still awesome, isn't it? Then I also remember that a single land owner, of his own accord and with his own money, built us all said 30 mile pumptrack. And then I am stoked and grateful. Word.

Did what I call the "Whole Mt. Peg" yesterday and the previous Friday to cap off the week. One of my favorite rides in VT now. PM me if you want a quick route description. Also rode Aquaduct today including all the new stuff. Much improved riding experience- really fun. Again, PM for a route suggestion if you get that way.

Edit: Also read yesterday that a Sherburne and Base Camp trails connector trail is just about done (spring 2020 opening). HUGE step up for that destination. KMBC and Base Camp get major props for getting that region rocking.

Definitely not complaining about the place. Norris was a ridiculously fun 15 minutes of swoopy fun. Just think a little added tech would really take the whole place from good to great.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Two weeks before the VT 50, the bike I was planning to ride started creaking today.

Attachment 294050

I guess I can be thankful this didn’t happen during the race!
    Cracked Lynskey No More! Fully covered under warranty and besides return shipping cost, $0. Looks like a new bike...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59374804796__B56D3F19-F0C1-4B79-AB9C-E7771A846D7A.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	542.1 KB 
ID:	299545

Definitely a solid company. Highly recommended. Also. Any NYC/LI mags, it is worth going out of your way to patronize Bike Junkie in Bethpage. They are my “LBS” even though I spent three hours in the car today round trip.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

^^^Zexy.

Very nice. Still waiting for my replacement frame from July. It was finished, but sent to Phoenix. Small companies can suck sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Anyone been up to hardwick trail yet? its small(like 8 miles of singletrack) but really fun hand built singletrack. It ride alot like Cady's Fall with out the navigation problem of Cady Falls.

Little bit of late season Perry Hill today. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5420.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	300034

SonuvaB it's slippery out there

First time getting out in a long time and damn is it slick in the Philly area.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    SonuvaB it's slippery out there
    get cut spikes like Maxxis Shortys , make wet leafs, leafs and mud its bitch while adding to the excitement on wet rocks and wets roots.

Gravel season

Was thinking about riding Ascutney Saturday but it may into a gravel ride after the next storm coming through.

19 NE - It's all up from here

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Was thinking about riding Ascutney Saturday but it may into a gravel ride after the next storm coming through.

I was there today on a demo bike, Revel Rascal, sick bike. It was greasy as hell, wet leaves on top of wet rocks and roots. Nothing could be trusted. Still had fun, but it was tense, had to stay uber-focused.

Name:	IMG_3831.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	300249

Name:	IMG_3829.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	300253
    crab in my shoe mouth

Bike looks slick. ^^ Though the suspension seems bearing heavy like Evil.

Rode the gravel bike at bloobs tonight and except for the same mudholes from the spring season returning it was leafy and dry. Gets good sun and wind, so that helps. So nice out with the sun and 60` temp.
    Flood watch/high wind Friday combo is going to suck, expecting 4+ here based on the general 3" everywhere else. Maybe a freeze coming?

Name:	20191030_154729.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	789.2 KB 
ID:	300298
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Franklin Falls, NH tomorrow if anyone’s racing. Cheers mates. Bike season lives!

Gravel, watch at your own risk

.facebook.com/drummondcycles/videos/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Franklin Falls, NH tomorrow if anyone’s racing. Cheers mates. Bike season lives!

Central NH didn't get much rain and FF drains well. Should be fun. I will probably stick to Concord trails and do some stick clearing after all the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Gravel, watch at your own risk

.facebook.com/drummondcycles/videos/
    Light tackle on heavy action. That’s where it’s at!

SO we may be losing this trail due to a new land owner about half of it. Wanted to get out and take a video prior to destruction by logging.

hoping it lives on, we will find out next spring I guess.