Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    We ended up with snow then a lot of sleet on the immediate coast. First tracks are a bit crunchy and slowish, almost supportive, but second lap is fast and fun! A small group ride will make it perfect.
    Yeah but it's gonna warm up on Monday so go take advantage of good skiing this weekend then do a fatty beach ride on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    No, but close. I can give you a tour if you want. Pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Will do, definitely wanna get over there.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah but it's gonna warm up on Monday so go take advantage of good skiing this weekend then do a fatty beach ride on Tuesday.
    You've got it backwards. Skiing already happened on the powdah day. The bc is phucked up high in the Whites. Fat biking was epic today and soft snow will be good to ski on.

Currently experiencing that dilemma. Fat biking tomorrow with slightly warmer temps should be stellar. Skiing will also be good, albeit colder and more of a 12 hour affair when it’s all said and done.

I should be used to being wrong, just ask my wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This past weekend was some of the best single track fat biking we've ever had.
    Cheers!

I went to the cardiologist yesterday and got the go ahead to start doing things again, riding is one of those things At least now I can get out on the local rail trail and do some pedaling. Unfortunately the weather seems to have different ideas for the next day or two.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday and got the go ahead to start doing things again, riding is one of those things
    FKNA!

Hoping for it to dry up on the local rail trail before the cold gets here tomorrow so I can go for the first ride in 7 weeks.

edit: Still raining
    Last edited by gravitylover; 02-08-2019 at 07:09 AM.

It was almost perfect.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Th...he-Welder,2612

Nice little podcast and amazing pics from the world of FTW.

Anyone familiar with the riding options near Littleton? I know PRKR trails are up there. I am headed up that way Thursday and Friday and will most likely bring the bike (and ski cannon one of the days)

^I'm not familiar with any place to ride up there, but if u hit Cannon pm me.

I broke thru on both sides yesterday. The freeze solidified a nice bridge. Completed a new loop today for the first time. A new line is always so fun. As the snow melts and the dirt appears, the trail will disappear.

Sunny safety meeting spot under construction.

Anyone have any intel on how trails around Boston are riding? I'm flying out of Boston Saturday evening and was thinking of sneaking a ride in beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Anyone have any intel on how trails around Boston are riding? I'm flying out of Boston Saturday evening and was thinking of sneaking a ride in beforehand.
    It's icy right now. Skinny and studs work.

Although, snowing lightly and possibly up to 3" on Weds then rain. So who knows what it will be like then. They're saying 3-5" for us just north a bit...and then rain. Could make fatty riding perfect...again.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    There's always the Cape. Sort of close enough to get a ride in and get into the city for a flight.

Anyone doing the Abe-berm-ham slalom @Suicide6 or the fat bike enduro @the Woodstock Inn on Sunday?

There's always the Cape. Sort of close enough to get a ride in and get into the city for a flight.
    Yeah, Cape is a bit of a drive. Kinda hoping Wompatuck or trails in Plymouth will be clear. I might just bring the fat bike and roll the dice.

19 NE - It's all up from here

The PRKR trails in Littleton are a TON of fun. They hadn’t groomed since the latest snowfall. There were only a few other sets of tracks and a lot of the time I was breaking through. The final trail, Gardner’s, was a downhill blast. If you are in the area, it’s worth a stop. I parked at Littleton Bike and fitness and rode up. I also wanted to make sure it was ok to ride as the snow was pretty soft. The guy manning the shop also has a lot to do with the maintenance of the network and he said I was good to go. There is a small lot at the trailhead but I wanted to log a few extra miles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57246859204__2E5F556A-EBFB-4C48-B877-C564F7F391A2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	271085

Name:	57246902936__0F6FC346-7371-4407-8136-98A39FC35548.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	271086

Name:	57246903701__87B79CC1-8AC9-4BA2-AC41-E9A674EF2C15.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	271087

Name:	57247124425__23142B06-474E-4C13-A9D0-5C64315DD786.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	875.8 KB 
ID:	271088

Name:	IMG_0946.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	271089

Sweet. Yeah Dave is the guy that runs the Rokon or Snow Dog, those are his trails through and through. He also runs the groomer at Mt Eustis, the ski area in town. He's a busy dude.

Sweet. Yeah Dave is the guy that runs the Rokon or Snow Dog, those are his trails through and through. He also runs the groomer at Mt Eustis, the ski area in town. He's a busy dude.
    It'll be rad to check them out without snow. There were quite a few I didn't get a chance to ride (mostly on the north side) and word is, those are really sweet.

Funny you mention Eusitis, I wasn't sure if that place was still in operation. They weren't running Thursday or Friday nights. Also, the giant illuminated cross at the top of the hill was deceiving. I thought for a minute that some religious group took it over (which actually happened to a NELSAP hill in my town).

Hat tip to Frank the Welder—he successfully removed a very seized seat post from the Igleheart. Just got the frame back and excited to build it up—going on 10 years with this rig and love it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	272076

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Hat tip to Frank the Welder—he successfully removed a very seized seat post from the Igleheart. Just got the frame back and excited to build it up—going on 10 years with this rig and love it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	272076

Nice frame! Is it the camera angle or is there something very odd going on with the top race on that headset?

Weird, just the camera angle.

Anyone got any minimotos they want to sell? Going to try some miniVs versus my paul cantis