Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

19 NE - It's all up from here

^^^Not too shabby.

Super fun and beautiful ride in SWNH for the Dirty Pizza. Only did the half, but still had the pleasure of getting passed by Buttah on his way to crushing the full Dirty. This one’s on the annual calendar for sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6048.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	293418

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Love that section. Great seeing you guys on course! Perfect day. Gate was closed at the bottom of the windmills, we went around, as did a bunch of folks and it was open on the far side, all good. So another trip up to the massive blades, crazy sounds those big fuckers make. My best ever full dirty, 2:45:02. And the Pizza, oh man so good coming out of the wood fired oven.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/2691660880
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ran across this crop on today’s ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4213.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	777.0 KB 
ID:	293433

I had parenting fuck up yesterday and hoping to get the word out for my son's bike.

We was at Thomson park on the Stowe bike path with our 3 year old and I managed to forget his little Cleary balance bike in the lot. The guys at Ranch Camp took a pic of it and posted on Instagram and said it was there last night at dusk. I drove back and it was gone by 9:30 PM. I really hope some soulless prick didn't steal my 3 year old's bikes. If anyone sees this bike around any area shops or on Craigslist, please send me a PM. I know its a long shot by my little dude absolutely loves this bike and rides it everyday. Also, Cleary no longer makes this bike so I can't just buy another.

Alternatively, if anyone has the same Cleary Starfish bike their willing to sell, I'd happily buy it from you.

Thanks.

Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  116.8 KB

Hank, maybe someone took it to a local shop or police dept for safe keeping hoping someone would be looking? I might be inclined to do that if I saw it laying around so no asshole could have the chance to steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Hank, maybe someone took it to a local shop or police dept for safe keeping hoping someone would be looking? I might be inclined to do that if I saw it laying around so no asshole could have the chance to steal it.
    I called the local shops in Stowe and gave them my contact info if it shows up. I didn't think to call Stowe PD, good call on giving them a shout.

I like to think that there are enough friendly Vermonters around that they would make an effort to help if they saw an abandoned kid's bike. Then again there are a lot of shitheads out there that would just steal it.

Back in the saddle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58CE8C32-C75F-422D-A202-BD1F8A5F2250.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	293530

I’m slow, my reflexes are noticeably delayed, my stamina is way the f down, but I’m on a bike. Road biking causes the most pain, I maybe can do 6 miles at a time. Easy trail biking is fairly pain free, although I do feel a bit but it’s a lot less then road biking or hiking.

HankScorpio,
    I have a glider bike, not as nice as yours but functions, that my kid would be ok loaning you. DM me if you’d like a loaner until you find yours.

^^^Glad to hear you’re back out there

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I had parenting fuck up yesterday and hoping to get the word out for my son's bike.

We was at Thomson park on the Stowe bike path with our 3 year old and I managed to forget his little Cleary balance bike in the lot. The guys at Ranch Camp took a pic of it and posted on Instagram and said it was there last night at dusk. I drove back and it was gone by 9:30 PM. I really hope some soulless prick didn't steal my 3 year old's bikes. If anyone sees this bike around any area shops or on Craigslist, please send me a PM. I know its a long shot by my little dude absolutely loves this bike and rides it everyday. Also, Cleary no longer makes this bike so I can't just buy another.

Alternatively, if anyone has the same Cleary Starfish bike their willing to sell, I'd happily buy it from you.

Thanks.

Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  116.8 KB
    Stowe Rec, Stowe Trails Partnership also worth a poke...maybe even the Stowe "Dump". It's kind of a lost and found.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Stowe Rec, Stowe Trails Partnership also worth a poke...maybe even the Stowe "Dump". It's kind of a lost and found.
    I checked with Stowe Rec department but never thought of the dump. I'll give that a go......thanks!

And so it begins. Hunting season starts next week and we had a fishing line tied across the trail head high today. Its getting heated already. There is no proof, but with so many run-ins previously it all points to them.

19 NE - It's all up from here

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I checked with Stowe Rec department but never thought of the dump. I'll give that a go......thanks!
    https://www.thejaycloud.com/kidsbikes.html
    Can’t really tell if actually in stock though....
    Uno mas

And so it begins. Hunting season starts next week and we had a fishing line tied across the trail head high today. Its getting heated already. There is no proof, but with so many run-ins previously it all points to them.
    That’s just fucked up.

Yeah, what area was that in? Some devious shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Did you report to the local PD. Sounds like its time for a trail cam.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Awesome, thanks!!
    How was it? I'm going to be there thurs > sun on a freshly waxed 18 Kona Process 153. Got a great deal on it at the LBS of all places.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Yeah, what area was that in? Some devious shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's our local little network in Hampton. My bud who cut the fish line down is an attorney, so he's dealing with it at this point. It has everyone fired up obviously. I just don't want to start a war. It could easily have been some shithead kid doing a shithead thing. We just don't know. Cooler heads need to prevail but right now it's not looking good!

I have a crazy, unexpected development with my son's missing/likely stolen bike. Long story short, the guys at Ranch Camp shop in Stowe originally posted a pic of the bike on IG after they saw it abandoned near the bike path. My wife was in Stowe for work yesterday and stopped by the shop to see if anyone had found it and dropped it off. Later that day, they contact my wife and offered to give my son a new Specialized balance bike! I gotta give it to the guys at Ranch Camp for going way above and beyond. This kind of generosity just blew us away. They've got a customer for life and earned some serious bike karma point by making our little guy so happy.

If you're ever in Stowe and need gear or want a beer stop by Ranch Camp! They've got full bar and food too!

Stay tuned for happy kid with a new bike pics. So stoked that the bike community here in VT is looking out for future riders!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and Doremite for offering an up a Strider bike.
    Last edited by HankScorpio; 09-11-2019 at 07:43 AM.

^^^Good stuff. Made my day

Aaaand done for the next 4-8 weeks. Partial to full UCL tear on the right. MRI Friday AM to confirm, and get a better look for bone chips/incarcerated bits that may require surgery.

Splint at the moment.

Already ordered up a SRAM gripshifter. Figure to run it on the left side and just get used to it while riding super mellow stuff for a while. Right hand on top of the bar feels OK, and I can brake with the lever angled a bit differently. Even that is out for a couple weeks.

Le sigh.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Over the bars? On one of those nasty roll downs?
    Heal up mang
    crab in my shoe mouth

I was going to stop in there when we were in Stowe over Labor Day, but their signage/marketing was confusing. Now that I know they are solid, it’s time to head in and at least buy a water bottle or some shotbloks.

Ow. Thought that was reserved for ski season injury. Hand wrist injuries suck.

Awesome to hear Hank, Evan and crew are solid guys!