Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Labor Day weekend riding a bike on 100 between Stowe and Waterbury Center? Swimming Hole to Lost Nation is another great stretch of road. Fuckin'ell that would suck. Grinding gravel on Elmore would be the highlight, the climb at the end will have you thinking of a cold one.
    Point taken. Not to hard to avoid all but a few miles of Rte 100 with a minor tweak or two.

Oh and there is a reason that the ride finishes at The Alchemist.

On 10/6 I'll have a fleet of carbon demo wheels at the CLIMB Fat Tire Fest at Cathedral Pines on Long Island so if anyone is up for trying out some cool wheels come visit. Not that many people will fit on my bikes because I'm just so tall but I also have the Wren fork on all three of them so that can be tried too. I'm hoping to have the fleet at Tri City in Rochester NH for a week in October and maybe a few other shops in New England after that and a couple in NY too. Hopefully the weather holds out long enough for me to get it to a couple of good shops. What other carbon wheel company offers that service to stores? None that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    3:03:42 at the Overland
    Rider 765
    Attachment 292523

Dirty Pizza coming up, it’s a great event
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    Registered. As Buttah says, "Let's party!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

On my Burlington day trip I ended up riding at Cochran’s because it was the closest. Great riding, wow. A few riders, a dog and I narrowly avoided an incident when one of their dogs found a bee hive. I really want to do a trip up there just to do more riding, Perry Hill, etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1567260207.505416.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	292714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1567260228.492252.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	292715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1567260253.826004.jpg 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	292716

Cochran's is becoming some of the best riding in the state. Crazy good mix of flow and Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    On my Burlington day trip I ended up riding at Cochran’s because it was the closest. Great riding, wow. A few riders, a dog and I narrowly avoided an incident when one of their dogs found a bee hive. I really want to do a trip up there just to do more riding, Perry Hill, etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1567260207.505416.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	292714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1567260228.492252.jpg 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	292715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1567260253.826004.jpg 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	292716
    I think I started at the same time as you (I was on a ss with 2 dogs) I saw your new transition and almost asked you for change for a nickel, but the dogs weren't behaving and I didn't see you again. If you want a tour next time, let me know.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Cool thanks, I will shoot you a PM next time I’m around. Hoping I can return this fall, you guys have some great riding up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Registered. As Buttah says, "Let's party!"

Excellent!
    crab in my shoe mouth

30 miles of singletrack, doubletrack and gravel this morning. Sunshine and cool temps....can’t ask for better weather.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4960.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	292772

Name:	IMG_4951.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	292774

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2005 26er. Not dead yet, but wounded. Slowly healing via surgeries.

19 NE - It's all up from here

Dooood, Aquaduct in Woodstock just got a LOT more fun. Check the kiosk for the new trails (hand drawn on the map). Some awesome building got done this summer, no more stupid double track climb. Squee.

Been SOOOOO nice getting back on the bike after a six-week warranty replacement wheel wait. Right in time for prime surf 'n turf season with the hurricanes starting to push some waves all the frig up here into Maine.

Also the new machine-built flow trail at Blackstrap (and machine-built up trail) have really changed the vibe at that place. First time I've EVER seen kids riding around there. Exciting to see!

Headed to KT this weekend... is East Haven the only real new-new to explore up there?

I'm sure I'll run into a few mags in the lot... black Evil w/moss camo frame tape and orange highlights friggin guuuuuy.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

East haven and the new flower brook trail connecting east haven to moose alley are the newest trails up there, and definitely worth checking out. The climb up the haul road will definitely get your blood pumping, but the ride down is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by handlebarsfsr View Post
    East haven and the new flower brook trail connecting east haven to moose alley are the newest trails up there, and definitely worth checking out. The climb up the haul road will definitely get your blood pumping, but the ride down is worth it
    Awesome, thanks!!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    I'm sure I'll run into a few mags in the lot... black Evil w/moss camo frame tape and orange highlights friggin guuuuuy.
    So you’ll be like every third person there?

I was up at KT briefly this past weekend and I could not believe how everyone seemed to be on a brand new bike. Are people leasing the bikes, or does everyone have 5-7k to throw at a new Santa Cruz?

A lot of those bikes are likely not new. ^^ Some people only ride Darling Hill and other than some dust and a couple of sweat drops there are no signs of use. With the bike washed and waxed for the drive to VT gnar kingdom riding it looks new.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post

I was up at KT briefly this past weekend and I could not believe how everyone seemed to be on a brand new bike. Are people leasing the bikes, or does everyone have 5-7k to throw at a new Santa Cruz?
    I'm also sure there's a ton of people renting bikes up there, giving the amount of first timers or people doing a once-a-year bike thing.

Last time I was up it was astonishing how many people filled up that lot, I'll be curious to see what it looks like this time around.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post

East Burke Sports chuuuurns out SC rentals. Brought friends up there to MTB for their first time and they got put on $5k build carbon 5010s. Add squeaky clean rental Specializes et al from the shop up on Darling Hill, schmucks like me on our Ibis's and such, those obsessive bike cleaners who only ride KT VTFree mentioned, and HS teams on $40K worth of carbon hardtails and you have a frickin' small countries' GDP worth of bikes in that region at any one time. That said, you also get boatloads of boy scouts on beater bikes, spandexed Quebecois on 15yo xc rigs, locals on $500 Treks from the 90s, etc. No matter how absurd and packed it gets up there, I still love it. Stoked to ride the new East Burke to East Haven section.

See some of you at the Pizza on Sunday.

Last plug for Cabot Ride the Ridges grinder this Sunday. Weather looks cool and sunny; 30, 60 or 100 km.

https://www.bikereg.com/40128

I'll be the dude with the nuclear green helmet.

If you're up this way its an epic ride in one of the less traveled parts of N. VT.

Will be at Thunder Mountain Sunday and Monday if any Northeast mags are out and about. Likely in long sleeve maggot Jersey.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Last plug for the Dirty! I rode a bunch of it the other day, it was as dry as I’ve ever seen it. Mud bogs are gone. This just might be the coolest ride on the calendar. It’s impossible to find good Za in these parts, tomorrow being the exception! BYOB and eat as much pizza as you can.
    Come out and play
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    crab in my shoe mouth

Not going to make the DP, so we are going to ride in Washington County, NY instead. Love that part of the state.

Rode 35m/3000’ today with lots of trail and class IV.

Name:	CE9732C5-1024-43AD-ADE7-6DBB50903E71.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	293334

Name:	1C665C06-ABAA-47A1-80B7-984DFE719137.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	412.3 KB 
ID:	293335

Name:	E8431C61-85C0-4D4F-AFA0-4F03A79068C7.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	293336

Is it VT Pave if it’s mostly loam?

^^^strong to very sexy work. Getting hungry for pizza. Cheers roll call.

Nicely done

That Don't Make No Sense

Just back from two weeks out west, mostly ID. Ketchum/Stanley world is the bomb for big backcountry rides.

Name:	IMG_0322.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	293373