Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    ^^ That sucks, was up there 2 months ago and seemed like was way more glass than the last time I'd been over that way. Really miss having those trails right outside the door!

Doing a bit of rooted prep myself. Pre-rode part of the course. It should be a hoot.

Not sure if this is on the course, but it was still pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Mt. Peg hitters- gimme a shout if you come through and I can give a decent 2 hour tour (a twoooo houuuur tooooooooour). Today at DeSenaville:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5838.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	289425

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

19 NE - It's all up from here

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Mt. Peg hitters- gimme a shout if you come through and I can give a decent 2 hour tour (a twoooo houuuur tooooooooour). Today at DeSenaville:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5838.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	289425

I may take you up on that next week; I知 off so I値l be looking to ride some new spots. I値l shoot you a PM.

Laps - I値l see you at Rooted, this time I値l be on a real gravel bike with a bright green helmet and non-baggy shorts, keep an eye out. I値l be with a buddy of mine from Boston. We池e not racing, just looking to finish strong.

Last edited by HankScorpio; 07-25-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Tough week here, took an early evening ride and crashed my bike into a tree and or something else. I have no memory of the crash or trail but a flash of a bloody tree. I removed myself from the woods, again little memory of doing so but I remember walk a bit, riding some, and walking at least one downhill Drove away, cleaned up, and then drove myself self to the ER. Broken neck in 5 places along the transverse process. 2 days and 3 nights in the hospital and hopefully i値l discharged. I知 fully functional, except for extreme pain and general lack of memory.

Rough one. Healing vibes sent.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Wishing you fast and strong healing

That Don't Make No Sense

Definitely not good to deck a tree. Good luck with the recovery.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Glad your not more badly hurt, boreas. It痴 one of the reasons I don稚 like riding alone in the woods.

19 NE - It's all up from here

Sorry to hear about the serious injury but am glad to hear you were able to drag yourself out of the woods.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Tough week here, took an early evening ride and crashed my bike into a tree and or something else. I have no memory of the crash or trail but a flash of a bloody tree. I removed myself from the woods, again little memory of doing so but I remember walk a bit, riding some, and walking at least one downhill Drove away, cleaned up, and then drove myself self to the ER. Broken neck in 5 places along the transverse process. 2 days and 3 nights in the hospital and hopefully i’ll discharged. I’m fully functional, except for extreme pain and general lack of memory.
    Holy fuck. Where'd that happen? Seen a few neck injuries this week. Heard someone hurt their neck here at the bottom of Slate.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Holy fuck. Where'd that happen? Seen a few neck injuries this week. Heard someone hurt their neck here at the bottom of Slate.
    Happened in E. Montpelier. I don’t remember how far in the woods I was, but less 4 more than 1

Heal up fast

Happened in E. Montpelier. I don’t remember how far in the woods I was, but less 4 more than 1
    jeezus! Glad it wasn't worse. Damn. Heal up

Wow. Sounds like it could have been much worse. Hope you're bach soon. Crazy stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Heal fast mang.

Heal up fast...amazing you made it out on your own!

The local trails are rolling fast right now. Hardly any mud and the flow is sooo good.

USFS has approved another trail that we have ridden for 15 years and want to open more by the fall.

We even saw 2 other groups of riders out there today. Simply unheard of in these parts.

Thanks for all the vibes. Healing up fast, yesterday was the first afternoon home.moving around is getting easier, I have pain meds but they don’t seem to help with the intensity of pain so I barely use them, Motrin seems to work best.

Goor to hear you're on the mend. Dibs on oxy's.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Tough week here...
    That's no good. I hope that memory issue clears up for you. A side effect of one of the meds I'm on now is memory loss and it's got me all fkd up.

Trails are fast now. The early season wetness is all but gone other than an overabundance of undergrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That's no good. I hope that memory issue clears up for you. A side effect of one of the meds I'm on now is memory loss and it's got me all fkd up.
    Lions mane

Rest up Boreas and get better. Scary stuff, glad you池e largely ok, heal fast

Today at my favorite city park:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5841.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	289547

More + vibes for you, Boreas. That is some scary shit.

On a different note, Cotton brk thru Lil River is open. That slide was pretty massive!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I went to the place I did so much of the trailbuilding work, my favorite spot in the whole region, and it's hammered. Those tornadoes last year made a mess, we knew that, but as it got tough to get around trails went unused and after all the precip the last two growing seasons the place is so overgrown the trails are mostly hidden and covered in thorny nastiness. It was one of the most difficult and frustrating rides I've had in a long time and it really made me sad because the place is such a gem.