Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I want to do this next year, I checked it out on Strava, looks awesome.
    Is it just a big group ride? Or was it on Bike Reg?
    It was on bikereg, but I don’t think it’s something that’s advertised. Low key, there is a keg and raffle afterwards and money from bikereg goes to charity. Route changes every year and is announced a few days before.

Let me know if you want to do it next year, or come down for a similar ride. You can do the near identical route but with more singletrack. There are a bunch of great trails through Lincoln but are not something you want to take 100 people through. No issues with a handful though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heading to the Augusta, ME this weekend to visit some family - anyone have any info on what's dry and open around there? I usually ride Bond Brook and will maybe schlep to CV trails if they're open.

I'm also open to any mixed surface/gravel routes if anyone's got any.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Sweet ride!

But what annoys the fuck out of me is when people lug lumber into the woods and leave the plastic tags on the end of the 2x's. Take the garbage with you
    That's actually my bridge that I finished building behind my house Saturday evening. I haven't gotten to pulling the plastic things off yet.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    That's actually my bridge that I finished building behind my house Saturday evening. I haven't gotten to pulling the plastic things off yet.
    Ha! Oh, nice bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ha! Oh, nice bridge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tags.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	573.4 KB 
ID:	283207

Happy now?!

Name:	Bike Bridge 1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	283208

Thanks for the excuse to get outside and ride for a few minutes this afternoon
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Yep. I'll never understand why they don't make Growler/Tapline one continuous "blue" trail. My only guess is the tourist clientele that stays at Trapp would consider Tapline to be very challenging.
    No. It's the SBMC. Bridgy is a black diamond now as well. Dumbing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    It was on bikereg, but I don’t think it’s something that’s advertised. Low key, there is a keg and raffle afterwards and money from bikereg goes to charity. Route changes every year and is announced a few days before.

Let me know if you want to do it next year, or come down for a similar ride. You can do the near identical route but with more singletrack. There are a bunch of great trails through Lincoln but are not something you want to take 100 people through. No issues with a handful though.

Yeah, I’m in for next year. If you do it again this summer, let me know.
    Looks great.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Heading to the Augusta, ME this weekend to visit some family - anyone have any info on what's dry and open around there? I usually ride Bond Brook and will maybe schlep to CV trails if they're open.

I'm also open to any mixed surface/gravel routes if anyone's got any.
    The Res In Hallowell is open but we have had another round of rain Sunday night/ Monday. The rest of the week is actually looking good so bond brook might be open. Pine ridge in Waterville was borderline as of Saturday (lots of stuff still closed in the network).

I’m sure it’s a bit too far but Range Pond is open and apparently riding well. Yarmouth and Bath are also good to go. I rode Gorham and it was super good. Only a few damp spots.

All that to say, if the weather holds, I am sure everything will be set for the weekend.

Give a shout if you’re looking for company. I’m 90% that I’ll be riding Yarmouth Saturday later PM (3 or so).

Anyone riding Western Mass for MDW?

Not sure about this weekend but have been eying Holyoke St Park. What do you have in mind?

That Don't Make No Sense

19 NE - It's all up from here

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    The Res In Hallowell is open but we have had another round of rain Sunday night/ Monday. The rest of the week is actually looking good so bond brook might be open. Pine ridge in Waterville was borderline as of Saturday (lots of stuff still closed in the network).

I’m sure it’s a bit too far but Range Pond is open and apparently riding well. Yarmouth and Bath are also good to go. I rode Gorham and it was super good. Only a few damp spots.

All that to say, if the weather holds, I am sure everything will be set for the weekend.

Give a shout if you’re looking for company. I’m 90% that I’ll be riding Yarmouth Saturday later PM (3 or so).
    I figured you guys got hammered with rain like we did on Sunday.

I wouldn’t mind getting down to Yarmouth on Saturday but I gotta clear it with the boss/Mrs. I’ll let you know if I can swing it.

If anyone is looking to build some wheels, I’ve got a pair of WTB i35 27.5 rims I’d be willing to part with for some beer. Great shape, just some scratches from about a season of use. Pick up around Montpelier/Barre.

Got out again today. What do you think the name of this trail isClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_152621.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	283322

Conditions were surprisingly good so I probably rode more miles than I should have and saw my heart rate peak above what my cardiologist would be happy with but it had to be done.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_161124.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	283323

Glad to see you’re back out there, GL.

The compression socks must be helping.

Had to scratch an itch last night. 7 weeks post ACL reconstruction, had to get out and ride dirt. Took the gravel rig as to slow myself on the descents for an easy 20mile spin, Sooooo nice out in SWNH last night!

Name:	Wlple.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	935.3 KB 
ID:	283337

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I read this and saw" the compression shocks must be helping" and thought cmon man it's too soon :-))
    you be careful out there E but drop and give us 20 sit ups..
    name of trail= Junkyard?
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

oh maannn..something tells me I'm off the list for those Spinergy Spox spare parts..
    and good going spookman, great pic too

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Glad to see you’re back out there, GL.
    Thanks man, it feels SOOO GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Haha they don't hurt

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    I read this and saw" the compression shocks must be helping" and thought cmon man it's too soon :-))
    you be careful out there E but drop and give us 20 sit ups..
    name of trail= Junkyard?
    It's an e-bike which makes a huge difference in me not blowing up and when the nerve damaged leg acts up I can just turn up the assist and get back to the parking lot. Sit ups? Lol. Lawnmower actually. It must have been some adventure riding that thing that far into the woods all those years ago when it broke down out there.

[QUOTE=CantDog;5676761]Glad to see

oh maannn..something tells me I'm off the list for those Spinergy Spox spare parts..
    What parts are you looking for? I have lots in my stash.

Cool to see you back out there GL. Ebike doing what it's intended to do in my mind anyway.

Do you need a wheelset? I have a useable set of clinchers sitting around that I won’t use you can have.

Thanks jackstraw. Yeah it is an incredible recovery tool. It's so much fun though that I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to stick with it even after I'm fully back up to speed but that's because I'm old, fat and otherwise lazy

If anyone needs a Stans wheelset (Arch, Crest or Hugo 52) go hit your local shop tomorrow afternoon after they receive their Downeast closeout list email. There are some kickass deals on there, mostly about half off but the Hugo's are even better. Don't tell them where you got the hint

Hey CantD and Gravity.. I'm good so far but a huge thanks for the offer.. I was just hoping my "gimme 20 sit ups" remark wasn't taken the wrong way...but of course, more worried about where my next parts come from.. :-))
    The E-bike seems to be a solid plus...

That mower just needs a couple tweaks..

Thought I had ridden a couple times before, but turns out this was just my second time, and really first doing it properly. Beebee State Park/Forest in NY just over MA border in the Berkshires. Wow! What a gem of trail system, hopefully I’m not overhyping because I’m starved for new terrain but I thought it was as good as anything north of Pisgah!

Name:	yCJecYH.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	283671

Name:	njQl73C.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	695.3 KB 
ID:	283672

Name:	v7F74dj.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	283673

Name:	rX4OxsB.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	283674

Name:	5Ub7AkP.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	283675

Name:	t8m1aga.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	283676

Name:	uPnvV84.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	905.4 KB 
ID:	283677
    Also, consider me a HT convert, steel is most definitely real. Firs home bike build and just love the shit out of this thing. Even with a steep-ish HTA and only 140mm travel, the plus tires and the frame just make everything a pleasure, so nimble and quick and poppy. Think I’ve only had the 5.5 out once in last 10 rides, just keep going for this thing. LOVE
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Interesting developments up in Victory, eh?