Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Is that bathroom already down there? Getting a sewer line where you need it is going to be a bigger issue....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yes, but redoing 100% of the plumbing in the house is part of all this too.

I had the same issue with low ceilings, duct work and a large oil furnace. I gutted the basement and put in a dual head mini split. The area is still unfinished but it's been a huge improvement. Currently finishing up the plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by MESH View Post
    I had the same issue with low ceilings, duct work and a large oil furnace. I gutted the basement and put in a dual head mini split. The area is still unfinished but it's been a huge improvement. Currently finishing up the plumbing.
    This is a really fair point, Root. It's not cheap, but you can do a mitsubishi mini split with a head that will fit up in between your joists and have no ducts at all - but then you are spending a bunch more money. They just released a residential head that will fit maybe 4-6 months ago. Looks really nice.

Installed the mini split myself and received an $800 rebate from the power company. Some of those ceiling units don't look that bad.

So you need Max Headroom?