Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    was thinking about y'all when I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    There was a lot of profanity at home when the news broke.

Not a complete surprise though.

You know that for a fact or just anecdotally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

no doubt she'll be fine. I was referring to the pre-nup on hub #2 (aka me).

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I dunno. Thankfully she married him in '93 which was pre-Amazon ('94), so maybe there's a chance she does quite well on this one? At least I hope so. Jeff's a dick.
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Estimate I saw was 68 billion. Give or take.
    Wonder if she needs a car?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Pay attention Austin, the answers are here. Remember, there are only a couple of degrees of separation between the maggots and just about anyone.

Don't know if there are any other threads about Bezos so posting this here. I'm amazed at how things worked out for him with Amazon. I was thinking that going "all in" on books in the late 90s/early00s was a terrible business decision. He parlayed that over to ebooks then opened up the platform to selling anything and everything with unprecedented success. All started from going all in on a dying industry.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I had always assumed Jeff Bezos was gay until I found out he was married.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Don't know if there are any other threads about Bezos so posting this here. I'm amazed at how things worked out for him with Amazon. I was thinking that going "all in" on books in the late 90s/early00s was a terrible business decision. He parlayed that over to ebooks then opened up the platform to selling anything and everything with unprecedented success. All started from going all in on a dying industry.
    It's still cloud services that funds everything for them.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    no doubt she'll be fine. I was referring to the pre-nup on hub #2 (aka me).
    Ah, I see. You just KNOW she's fully aware that everybody will obviously be interested in her for her mon..., err, I meant glowing personality. But hey, I'm down with a prenup since money will never, ever be an issue again. She'll be taking great care of me since I'll be ...ahem... "taking care" of her. I wouldn't care if she was 90. I'd love her long time.

Pay attention Austin, the answers are here. Remember, there are only a couple of degrees of separation between the maggots and just about anyone.
    That's wild. Sounds like Brit has some stories for us! What a small world!

There is still a booming industry based entirely on what a bad business idea it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

There is still a booming industry based entirely on what a bad business idea it was.
    I was referring to PAPER books. He started with paper books.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I was referring.
    I was referring to the industry devoted to explaining how Amazon will never succeed.

Still.

I was referring to the industry devoted to explaining how Amazon will never succeed.

Still.
    I used to marvel at how people would bash Amazon some 15+ years ago, how they had never turned a profit. I would ask them how they defined "profit", and of course it was the very strict definition on a balance sheet. Of course, while Amazon didn't even turn a profit until maybe 2002, and was in the red until 2009, they had grown exponentially. A different kind of profit. A company that goes from $438M valuation at its IPO to $460B 20 years later has turned a hell of a profit, regardless of what its balance sheet showed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I used to marvel at how people would bash Amazon some 15+ years ago, how they had never turned a profit. I would ask them how they defined "profit", and of course it was the very strict definition on a balance sheet. Of course, while Amazon didn't even turn a profit until maybe 2002, and was in the red until 2009, they had grown exponentially. A different kind of profit. A company that goes from $438M valuation at its IPO to $460B 20 years later has turned a hell of a profit, regardless of what its balance sheet showed.
    oye - there is no such thing as a different profit. stock market capitalization does not equal profit. the easiest way to look at stock price is as a measure of future earnings versus the risk free rate

second - back in the day, amazon wasn't run to make a profit. they could have been profitable in the late 90's. and yes I was there...not in a great position, but I was accounting staff

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    back in the day, amazon wasn't run to make a profit
    This is what led to the cottage industry of naysayers feeding a nation full of day traders nonsense analysis.

This is what led to the cottage industry of naysayers feeding a nation full of day traders nonsense analysis.
    And now there's a cottage industry for divorce analysis from people who knew nothing about the couple two days ago. That said, we will hopefully get more gems like this:
    https://www.nationalenquirer.com/cel...ffair-scandal/

Money can not buy you game, but it can sure as shit make women overlook that.

I find it amusing that it's happening right in this thread - even in the face of at least three people with direct connections to the company. A few 'whoosh' moments for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    oye - there is no such thing as a different profit. stock market capitalization does not equal profit. the easiest way to look at stock price is as a measure of future earnings versus the risk free rate
    I would ask them how they defined "profit", and of course it was the very strict definition on a balance sheet.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Classic. Ricky Roma is the man.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Didn't realize this about Mackenzie Bezos.
    Just deleted a thread
    Thanks Danno

You're welcome, but we could use your picture of the rich newly single hotness.

What does the other guy say at the end there? "Something somethng you know they're wrong" I can't make the first part out.

Who was it here looking for a sugar momma?

Added to which you know they’re wrong

I think?
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 01-10-2019 at 05:20 PM.

You're welcome, but we could use your picture of the rich newly single hotness.
    Alrighty then

Added to which you know they’re wrong

I think?
    I think that's it, thanks. Makes sense.