Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    Something to consider is that at times patrolling can be slow and boring. Kind of like a fireman waiting for a fire. The smaller resorts can be dead mid week mid winter non snow days.
    Personally I kind of liked it when the shit hit the fan, it was exciting. You might want to consider a busier place.

Also for sure go for a place where you are most likely to do avalanche control routes. That is the best part of the job.

One last thing, skiing with the coat on will change the way you ski. It is psychological, but you will feel way more in the fish bowl, like everyone is watching you.

Actually one more thing, doing what you love for a job can turn it into.....a job. And potentially detract from your love of doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I found this to be very true. One of your playgrounds is now your work place and it's hard to be both.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR
    BIKE TOOL BLOW OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Don’t most (not all) Canuck patroller spend time on the csp volly program as well? Seems like a logical progression
    Yup.

But it's not mandatory to tell the girls at the bar that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Best Place to ski patrol?

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Yup.

But it's not mandatory to tell the girls at the bar that.
    “Yup ladies I’m the only one to go straight pro, it was the winter of ought two when they called me....”
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Is ski patrol still a pretty hard job to get? ie is the demand for workers much less than the supply of rad bros who wanna ski everyday and got their EMT cert?
    My impression was you had to try to get a volunteer position on weekends and holidays for a while and then MAYBE they offer you some kind of paid position. Is this not the case anymore?
    If fact, I think Bunion was a big part of how I got that impression since he said as much.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Is ski patrol still a pretty hard job to get? ie is the demand for workers much less than the supply of rad bros who wanna ski everyday and got their EMT cert?
    My impression was you had to try to get a volunteer position on weekends and holidays for a while and then MAYBE they offer you some kind of paid position. Is this not the case anymore?
    If fact, I think Bunion was a big part of how I got that impression since he said as much.
    Here in NM there seems to be a shortage this year. py pay and last year’s shitty snow pack seem to be at the heart of it...IMO/IANAL.
    I swear on my glass eye,