Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 151 to 167 of 167
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    4,084
    I found the stock liners to be really good, still like new after 50 days.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I found the stock liners to be really good, still like new after 50 days.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Did you bake 'em?

    Edit: Says here to bake them at 110c for 10 mins in a convection oven, which is the same procedure I've always done with my Intuitions.

    http://mtnguiding.com/media/2020/1/4...ots-how-to-fit
    Last edited by Adrgha; 03-15-2022 at 04:37 AM.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Thanks. Did you bake 'em?

    Edit: Says here to bake them at 110c for 10 mins in a convection oven, which is the same procedure I've always done with my Intuitions.

    http://mtnguiding.com/media/2020/1/4...ots-how-to-fit
    Yes, they were baked.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Got a pair of these home for testing, and I have to say they feel pretty good out of the box. Instep is definitely lower than in my Hawx XTD's, but I think I can live with it. I'm a little worried about heel hold, though.

    Does anyone know the baking procedure of the liners in these? Temp and time? Is there any point in baking them at all? Should I just put some Pro Tours in them straight away?
    I didnít find the stock liners held any semblance of a mold (microwave rice method), and that it made zero difference to the inadequate heel hold. I went with MV Luxury liners, and the fit and skiing performance is exactly what I was looking for, and have no issue with touring mobility (I find pro tours lack ankle support when skiing, and are susceptible to tender spots).

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Yes, they were baked.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Did you notice any difference after baking?

    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I didnít find the stock liners held any semblance of a mold (microwave rice method), and that it made zero difference to the inadequate heel hold. I went with MV Luxury liners, and the fit and skiing performance is exactly what I was looking for, and have no issue with touring mobility (I find pro tours lack ankle support when skiing, and are susceptible to tender spots).
    This is what I was worried about, because that's my experience with all other liners except Intuitions. Thing is, I have an ongoing warranty case with some Pro Tours that nearly tore in half (!), and if that goes through I'll have a fresh pair I can stuff in them. I've used Pro Tours in all my touring boots the last 7 years or so.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Did you notice any difference after baking?



    This is what I was worried about, because that's my experience with all other liners except Intuitions. Thing is, I have an ongoing warranty case with some Pro Tours that nearly tore in half (!), and if that goes through I'll have a fresh pair I can stuff in them. I've used Pro Tours in all my touring boots the last 7 years or so.
    If you find yourself with new Protours, you can always sell or swap them. Your experience may vary, but I notice the lack of padding and support in the cut outs.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    If you find yourself with new Protours, you can always sell or swap them. Your experience may vary, but I notice the lack of padding and support in the cut outs.
    Yeah, interesting. How do you find cuff mobility, or rather cuff "resistance" with the Luxury liners compared to the stock Sidas ones?

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Did you notice any difference after baking?



    This is what I was worried about, because that's my experience with all other liners except Intuitions. Thing is, I have an ongoing warranty case with some Pro Tours that nearly tore in half (!), and if that goes through I'll have a fresh pair I can stuff in them. I've used Pro Tours in all my touring boots the last 7 years or so.
    I baked the liners immediately after buying the boots

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Yeah, interesting. How do you find cuff mobility, or rather cuff "resistance" with the Luxury liners compared to the stock Sidas ones?
    I havenít done a close comparison, but Iím doing lots of big days in the luxury liners, and cuff resistance never occurs to me as an issue. Either way, they tour just fine for this type of touring boot, but arenít going to transform into a pair of skimo boots, regardless of what liner you put in them. Iíve used regular alpine wrap intuition liners (I went with tongue liners in the Hojiís to maximize the forward lean) in a wide variety of touring boots over the years, without issue, and from my one experience with pro-tours, in a pair of Salomon S-Lab X/Alps, I didnít notice any appreciable benefit when striding, but found they provided noticeably less ankle hold, led to tender spots where there wasnít enough padding (at the cut outs), and found the seams at the rear cut-out created a weak spot that failed (tore through) in the field. Not a fan.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,572
    Just recieved my 130 free's. Stock liner doesnt feel bad out of the box. Ive been using intuition wrap liners in all my boots for few years now. My intuitiin tour wrap i have in my vulcan is still relatively new. Im considering put the tour wrap in the hoji and selling the vulcans with the new liner from the hoji. Anyone have a comparison between a tour wrap and the stock liner in hoji's?

    Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    4,084
    I think the stock liner is great.



    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Grandma's Basement
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Just recieved my 130 free's. Stock liner doesnt feel bad out of the box. Ive been using intuition wrap liners in all my boots for few years now. My intuitiin tour wrap i have in my vulcan is still relatively new. Im considering put the tour wrap in the hoji and selling the vulcans with the new liner from the hoji. Anyone have a comparison between a tour wrap and the stock liner in hoji's?

    Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Stock liner has a higher ROM than the tour wrap, without any significant/noticeable lack of stiffness.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

    www.experiencedgear.net

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,460
    Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Stock liner has a higher ROM than the tour wrap, without any significant/noticeable lack of stiffness.
    I disagree. I thought the stock liner was doo-doo. Stock tongue liner had significantly less support than the tour wrap for me.

    I wish power wraps walked well

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I think the stock liner is great.



    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Stock liner has a higher ROM than the tour wrap, without any significant/noticeable lack of stiffness.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I disagree. I thought the stock liner was doo-doo. Stock tongue liner had significantly less support than the tour wrap for me.

    I wish power wraps walked well
    Thanks all. Im tempted to stay with wraps after they solved vital issues. I havent put the wraps in yet so we'll see

    Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Grandma's Basement
    Posts
    955
    Another words of wisdom... I was unable to get my tour wraps into my hoji frees, however I was able to get them to fit into the Hoji PX, which I actually think skis better. More progressive flex compared to the Free
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

    www.experiencedgear.net

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Fit with the stock liners was terrible for me. Baking seemed to do nothing. Luxury liners pretty much solved all my issues, but they have noticeably less ROM now. Probably comparable to my old Hawx XTD's with Pro Tours.

    Otherwise I'm very pleased with these boots. Transitions are a breeze, and they ski really well. I'd love a few degrees less forward lean thought, as I always found the 15 degrees of the XTD's to be perfect.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Another words of wisdom... I was unable to get my tour wraps into my hoji frees, however I was able to get them to fit into the Hoji PX, which I actually think skis better. More progressive flex compared to the Free
    I thought i had heard something like that. Sttange they wouldnt go in
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Fit with the stock liners was terrible for me. Baking seemed to do nothing. Luxury liners pretty much solved all my issues, but they have noticeably less ROM now. Probably comparable to my old Hawx XTD's with Pro Tours.

    Otherwise I'm very pleased with these boots. Transitions are a breeze, and they ski really well. I'd love a few degrees less forward lean thought, as I always found the 15 degrees of the XTD's to be perfect.
    I thought they felt like they had more forward lean. That may work for me. I put cuff shims yo get more lean in my vulcans and lupos

    Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •