Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I found the stock liners to be really good, still like new after 50 days.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I found the stock liners to be really good, still like new after 50 days.

Thanks. Did you bake 'em?

Edit: Says here to bake them at 110c for 10 mins in a convection oven, which is the same procedure I've always done with my Intuitions.

http://mtnguiding.com/media/2020/1/4...ots-how-to-fit
    Last edited by Adrgha; 03-15-2022 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Thanks. Did you bake 'em?

Edit: Says here to bake them at 110c for 10 mins in a convection oven, which is the same procedure I've always done with my Intuitions.

http://mtnguiding.com/media/2020/1/4...ots-how-to-fit
    Yes, they were baked.

Got a pair of these home for testing, and I have to say they feel pretty good out of the box. Instep is definitely lower than in my Hawx XTD's, but I think I can live with it. I'm a little worried about heel hold, though.

Does anyone know the baking procedure of the liners in these? Temp and time? Is there any point in baking them at all? Should I just put some Pro Tours in them straight away?
    I didn’t find the stock liners held any semblance of a mold (microwave rice method), and that it made zero difference to the inadequate heel hold. I went with MV Luxury liners, and the fit and skiing performance is exactly what I was looking for, and have no issue with touring mobility (I find pro tours lack ankle support when skiing, and are susceptible to tender spots).

Yes, they were baked.

Did you notice any difference after baking?

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I didn’t find the stock liners held any semblance of a mold (microwave rice method), and that it made zero difference to the inadequate heel hold. I went with MV Luxury liners, and the fit and skiing performance is exactly what I was looking for, and have no issue with touring mobility (I find pro tours lack ankle support when skiing, and are susceptible to tender spots).
    This is what I was worried about, because that's my experience with all other liners except Intuitions. Thing is, I have an ongoing warranty case with some Pro Tours that nearly tore in half (!), and if that goes through I'll have a fresh pair I can stuff in them. I've used Pro Tours in all my touring boots the last 7 years or so.

This is what I was worried about, because that's my experience with all other liners except Intuitions. Thing is, I have an ongoing warranty case with some Pro Tours that nearly tore in half (!), and if that goes through I'll have a fresh pair I can stuff in them. I've used Pro Tours in all my touring boots the last 7 years or so.
    If you find yourself with new Protours, you can always sell or swap them. Your experience may vary, but I notice the lack of padding and support in the cut outs.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    If you find yourself with new Protours, you can always sell or swap them. Your experience may vary, but I notice the lack of padding and support in the cut outs.
    Yeah, interesting. How do you find cuff mobility, or rather cuff "resistance" with the Luxury liners compared to the stock Sidas ones?

I baked the liners immediately after buying the boots

Yeah, interesting. How do you find cuff mobility, or rather cuff "resistance" with the Luxury liners compared to the stock Sidas ones?
    I haven’t done a close comparison, but I’m doing lots of big days in the luxury liners, and cuff resistance never occurs to me as an issue. Either way, they tour just fine for this type of touring boot, but aren’t going to transform into a pair of skimo boots, regardless of what liner you put in them. I’ve used regular alpine wrap intuition liners (I went with tongue liners in the Hoji’s to maximize the forward lean) in a wide variety of touring boots over the years, without issue, and from my one experience with pro-tours, in a pair of Salomon S-Lab X/Alps, I didn’t notice any appreciable benefit when striding, but found they provided noticeably less ankle hold, led to tender spots where there wasn’t enough padding (at the cut outs), and found the seams at the rear cut-out created a weak spot that failed (tore through) in the field. Not a fan.

Just recieved my 130 free's. Stock liner doesnt feel bad out of the box. Ive been using intuition wrap liners in all my boots for few years now. My intuitiin tour wrap i have in my vulcan is still relatively new. Im considering put the tour wrap in the hoji and selling the vulcans with the new liner from the hoji. Anyone have a comparison between a tour wrap and the stock liner in hoji's?

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

I think the stock liner is great.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Just recieved my 130 free's. Stock liner doesnt feel bad out of the box. Ive been using intuition wrap liners in all my boots for few years now. My intuitiin tour wrap i have in my vulcan is still relatively new. Im considering put the tour wrap in the hoji and selling the vulcans with the new liner from the hoji. Anyone have a comparison between a tour wrap and the stock liner in hoji's?

Stock liner has a higher ROM than the tour wrap, without any significant/noticeable lack of stiffness.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Stock liner has a higher ROM than the tour wrap, without any significant/noticeable lack of stiffness.
    I disagree. I thought the stock liner was doo-doo. Stock tongue liner had significantly less support than the tour wrap for me.

I wish power wraps walked well

I think the stock liner is great.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I disagree. I thought the stock liner was doo-doo. Stock tongue liner had significantly less support than the tour wrap for me.

I wish power wraps walked well
    Thanks all. Im tempted to stay with wraps after they solved vital issues. I havent put the wraps in yet so we'll see

Another words of wisdom... I was unable to get my tour wraps into my hoji frees, however I was able to get them to fit into the Hoji PX, which I actually think skis better. More progressive flex compared to the Free
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Fit with the stock liners was terrible for me. Baking seemed to do nothing. Luxury liners pretty much solved all my issues, but they have noticeably less ROM now. Probably comparable to my old Hawx XTD's with Pro Tours.

Otherwise I'm very pleased with these boots. Transitions are a breeze, and they ski really well. I'd love a few degrees less forward lean thought, as I always found the 15 degrees of the XTD's to be perfect.

Another words of wisdom... I was unable to get my tour wraps into my hoji frees, however I was able to get them to fit into the Hoji PX, which I actually think skis better. More progressive flex compared to the Free
    I thought i had heard something like that. Sttange they wouldnt go in
    Fit with the stock liners was terrible for me. Baking seemed to do nothing. Luxury liners pretty much solved all my issues, but they have noticeably less ROM now. Probably comparable to my old Hawx XTD's with Pro Tours.

Otherwise I'm very pleased with these boots. Transitions are a breeze, and they ski really well. I'd love a few degrees less forward lean thought, as I always found the 15 degrees of the XTD's to be perfect.
    I thought they felt like they had more forward lean. That may work for me. I put cuff shims yo get more lean in my vulcans and lupos

Tour wraps are working great in mine. I ended up having to heat punch one boot(the right one for me). Either the stock ankle indent is lower on that side or my ankle bone is higher a touch. Anyway, a little punch to make that inside ankle indent higher and theyre now the comfiest boot ive ever had. Skied them in my gw pivots on the hill today. Did my buckles up once when i put them on and didnt need to touch them all day. They ski amazing. Far better than the vulcan and very close to as stiff as my lupo c ti's. I modded extra forward lean into my vulcans and my lupo c ti's but these free 130's are perfect out of the box. Finally a touring boot with no disadvantage. Its always a little worrying getting new boots. These are better than i had hoped. Ill try a power wrap in them for shits and giggles but they rip as is the the tour wraps. Impressive design. Stiff progressive flex, stiff side to side and that one buckle ski/walk works as advertised and much appreciated by my old bones. Despite being basically the same weight as my vulcans it skis damp/stable like a heavier boot

For those of you putting non walk mode intuitions into your boots, try cutting out a bit of the cuff wrap. It will greatly increase your rearward ROM and is super easy to do. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D8BBF18-EEF0-4359-8E5F-E41E37005AE5.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	907.1 KB 
ID:	441552

Good idea

I need help from the collective. Got my hoji free 130s yesterday. Slipped them on with the stock liner and they feel great. Like head right out and have no problem, but like a dumbass I bought a GFT last year for my XT tour pros. So I would like to try to make them work, but it seems that either side of the shell lines up perfectly on top of the lace eyelets and they are not playing nicely together.

I have a heat gun, and was thinking about heating either side and slipping in and stretching them out, my concern is if it doesn’t work.

should I just bag the GFT and use my stock sidas or is it worth heating and stretching it out?

My intuition tour wraps came with eyelets for laces. I didnt use laces and the eyelets didnt bother me in my vulcans. They were in the way on my hojis so i just cut them off. Im not sure what a GFT is so maybe you have to use laces

Ya, sorry. the Zipfit GFT. So it’s laced all the way down the instep like a normal boot. Without lacing them, they are essentially the same as a stock liner but with cork.

Ah copy that. I wonder if laces make a difference. Do up a plastic boot and i cant see anything shifting but maybe im missing something. Ive always ditched laces on liners

The GFT works great without laces. To me, laces don’t do much once you’re in the boot, save for a bit of extra hold while touring.

Every GFT I sell I move the laces up. The lowest metal eyelet causes most people problems and taking the laces out of there helps a lot. Also, this seems to be a part of the liner that has lots of shit going on. It seems like the more you wear them the more those layers bed in and break down.