Kinco 94HK vs 1927KW

Which do you prefer? I've been using the full leather 94HK forever but I'm wondering if the fabric backing on the 1927KW would make them a little more dexterous. My concern is the fabric letting in moisture faster than the full leather but I see tons of people wearing them so I guess it's not that big of an issue... Thoughts?

901 well slathered with mink oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    901 well slathered with mink oil.
    Funny you say that. I've been thinking about using mink oil instead of sno seal to try to keep the leather soft when it's cold but hadn't heard any first hand reports.

side note, i'm not a big fan of the 901. too bulky. i like the 94HK way more.

Quote Originally Posted by PowHound84 View Post
    I started using the 98s because my 901s feel like catchers mitts.

Agreed. The double leather palm always started to peel off for me anyway.

1938KWP-L-1 are my prefered winter Kincos, you may think otherwise. Note: they are work gloves hot ski gloves for me.

Funny you say that. I've been thinking about using mink oil instead of sno seal to try to keep the leather soft when it's cold but hadn't heard any first hand reports.
    First hand reports- very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Agreed. The double leather palm always started to peel off for me anyway.
    901s last at least 2x as long as the 94.

I used shoe-goo to tack down the top layer if the stitching fails (usually on the index finger for me).

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    First hand reports- very clever.
    Name:  mrdeeds3.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  33.7 KB

Kinco 94HK vs 1927KW

94HKs. The fabric backed 1927s can be cold on a windy/snowy day. The double palm of the 901s kills the dexterity.

101s for the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Is the insulation in the 94HK the same as in the 901? Are they basically the same glove except for the double layer reinforcements on the 901?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Is the insulation in the 94HK the same as in the 901? Are they basically the same glove except for the double layer reinforcements on the 901?
    Per the Kinco website the 94HK reads:

“High-performance signature Heatkeep thermal insulation, laminated with a soft TR2 inner lining, provides superior heat-retention by trapping heat, repelling the cold, & wicking away moisture.”

The 901 reads:

“Heavyweight high-performance signature Heatkeep thermal insulation, laminated with a soft TR2 inner lining, provides superior heat-retention by trapping heat, repelling the cold, & wicking away moisture.”

I just bought a pair of the 901's.....they are bulky and stiffer. This in turn keeps me from moving my hands as much and they get cold. Id like to try to some Kinco 94HK. I have some 1927kw that I use for general outside and they work great....my kids both ski / board with the 1927kw and love them.

Free The Powder. Juss sayin

^True....

I've been wanting to try those. With the aqua not I wonder if they really last longer in the rain than snow sealed kincos. Also how sweaty are they?
    901ts are my favorite so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    1938KWP-L-1 are my prefered winter Kincos, you may think otherwise. Note: they are work gloves hot ski gloves for me.

^^^I don't wear Kincos when it is hot or raining. I'm afraid I don't have answers to your questions.

I had a few pairs of 1927KW. All ripped at the fabric/leather seams within a month when used for working on the mountain.
    I'm a huge fan of the 901T. All leather mitt with warm liner w/ individual fingers inside. They were awesome in MT when it was well below 0. Find my hands too warm most days in em at Baker though.
    Used 901's for a bit as well when ski instructing at Big Sky for the dexterity of pickin up 4 year olds.
    Annual snoseal on both of em. Mitts 901Ts lasted much longer than the 901s IME.

TTIUWP
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Kinco 901s have yet to fail me. Yeah, they can get sweaty if I'm hiking and there are better spring gloves, but for less than $25 and SnoSealing them twice a year, I've had a pair that've seen far more than their fair share of ski days in addition to cords of wood carried.

They're definitely a little stiff with the double palm, but once they break in they're just right.