Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bumping to share my experience with the Sigma 56mm 1.4. I am super impressed, extremely sharp and the auto focus is unreal. It excels in both categories over the native Sony 18-135, which I am also happy with but the Sigma 56 blows it away.

Sigma 56

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06036.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	319364

Name:	DSC06093.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	681.5 KB 
ID:	319365

Name:	DSC06047.jpg 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	319367

Name:	DSC05103.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	594.8 KB 
ID:	319368

Name:	DSC05106.jpg 
Size:	669.4 KB 
ID:	319370

Sony 18-135 for comparison

Name:	DSC05913.jpg 
Size:	768.0 KB 
ID:	319371

bump!

Just bought an a6600, arriving tomorrow. Hmmd and hawed, kinda wanted the a7iii but have been pleased with the compactness of the NEX-5r that I've been shooting with since 2013, lol... so APS-C it will be again. I just really love how packable that form factor is. More important to me than flat out image quality and full feature set. Maybe if I get another stimulus check I'll get the big dog and change my mind, ha.

Ordered it with the 18-135 and stoked to give that lens a try. Still got the kit lenses from the NEX (18-55, 55-210 which is a pretty decent lens IMO), plus a 35mm F1.8 prime which is fun (and quite compact... the only one I took on last year's trip to Switz).
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

Post up some nudes with it

Eta: you take sick photos. Looking forward to seeing what you actually do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    bump!

Just bought an a6600, arriving tomorrow. Hmmd and hawed, kinda wanted the a7iii but have been pleased with the compactness of the NEX-5r that I've been shooting with since 2013, lol... so APS-C it will be again. I just really love how packable that form factor is. More important to me than flat out image quality and full feature set. Maybe if I get another stimulus check I'll get the big dog and change my mind, ha.

Ordered it with the 18-135 and stoked to give that lens a try. Still got the kit lenses from the NEX (18-55, 55-210 which is a pretty decent lens IMO), plus a 35mm F1.8 prime which is fun (and quite compact... the only one I took on last year's trip to Switz).
    You'll dig it. I sold my A7iii last year and bought an a6400, and I'm definitely impressed. There is obviously a sacrifice in performance, but I realized that in order to get what I wanted out of the A7iii, I had to buy expensive lenses that were really big and heavy. And I didn't want to do either. Instead, I'd rather "sacrifice" a bit with the a6400 and smaller/cheaper/lighter lenses, but have it with me more often. So now I use that all the time and I barely know it's in my pack. I primarily use the 18-135, but also have the 11-18 which is a great (and small) lens.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You'll dig it. I sold my A7iii last year and bought an a6400, and I'm definitely impressed. There is obviously a sacrifice in performance, but I realized that in order to get what I wanted out of the A7iii, I had to buy expensive lenses that were really big and heavy. And I didn't want to do either. Instead, I'd rather "sacrifice" a bit with the a6400 and smaller/cheaper/lighter lenses, but have it with me more often. So now I use that all the time and I barely know it's in my pack. I primarily use the 18-135, but also have the 11-18 which is a great (and small) lens.
    Word. I recall reading your embrace of the switch. I'm pretty interested in the in-body stabilization of this new one, which I think descends from the full-frame models and should be kickass in a camera this size.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Post up some nudes with it

Eta: you take sick photos. Looking forward to seeing what you actually do with it.

Artful beach sunrise cockshot is headed your way, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Artful beach sunrise cockshot is headed your way, bro.
    Sweet!

aaaaaand jeezuz h, the first few shots from this thing make it clear that my skill is the weak link, LOL. Got some growing to do!

The bee seems to be in focus with a nice blur on the fore and back, and the exposure fine. Just crop the left a bit.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Ok yeah, agreed. At first I kinda liked the vast void out there but it's distracting.

Well, I'll work on figuring out how to do this shit and will leave the discussion here for awhile. Thanks for the tips and opinions yall, peace.

It would be a nice desktop wallpaper as is though. The white space on the left could be the icon area.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It would be a nice desktop wallpaper as is though. The white space on the left could be the icon area.
    That was my first thought when I saw the shot.