Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Resurrecting this thread. I have the same issue as the OP with some hestra seth morrisons, and want to try Aquaseal instead of duct tape. Can someone post a link to their preferred product? I'm assuming this is the AQS repair adhesive, but I see different kinds (i.e. for boots or for neoprene wetsuits, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by himavan View Post
    Resurrecting this thread. I have the same issue as the OP with some hestra seth morrisons, and want to try Aquaseal instead of duct tape. Can someone post a link to their preferred product? I'm assuming this is the AQS repair adhesive, but I see different kinds (i.e. for boots or for neoprene wetsuits, etc.).
    It’s all the same.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5058-4...CABEgJbcfD_BwE

you can get it at MEC or walmart or a fishing store, sometimes its in a white tube, look on the tube, aqs, seam grip, shoo goo, its all just liquid urethane in various consistencies.

You can see where I dabbed some AQS on a glove that had come apart on that palm /forefinger, I put a piece of plastic bag over the AQS and lightly clamped it with pieces of cardboard, that reapir will be bomber for the rest of the gloves life.

Store the tube in the freezer in a sealed glass jar for other repairs ( loose velcro, ripped gortex, bike gloves) thaw the tube in a cup of boiling water for 10min when you wana use it

Name:  glove fix dec.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  73.5 KB
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Cool. Thanks XXX-er for the link and instructions! I'll pick some up from MEC tomorrow on my way to Banff.
    Just to clarify - do you remove the plastic/saran wrap after its dry or do you just smooth it down with plastic and remove while still wet (I'm assuming dry)?
    Looking into this, I also came across iron on patches made for wetsuits (that bikers were using to fix shorts, etc). I wonder if that could work on leather gloves.

I quit using Saran wrap cuz the pieces would rip off and stay stuck in the AQS, so now I use thicker plastic bags ( a zip lock baggy is fine) I leave it to cure in place overnight, when I pull off ther plastic bag after the overnight curing the plastic all comes away nicely and leaves a smooth dry surface with the aqs where I wanted it

also read & bookmark this link it has a lot of tips on how to fix all kinds of out door gear
    I have never used patches on wet suits I have always used contact cement and /or AQS
    One of my gigs is fixing dry suits with AQS

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...h-Aqua-seal-eh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1576522187.214750.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	306386

Thoughts on AQS for a full seam, 3-4” tear? I was going to see if a savvy friend could sew a donor thumb over this, but all this AQS chatter has me thinking

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you could get those 2 pieces together you could AQS them, so if you could stick them together from the inside with tape, or stick half the hole togetehr or hold them togetehr with a couple of stitches or sft ? be creative and count on several apps of AQS

you can't usually get at the back of a glove hole so you wana fix glove holes before they are all the way thru but its a hassle breaking out the tube for 1 repair SO I will make a list of stuff to fix and do a few repairs.

An example of a thumb and forefinger repair on my LH Dakine glove, I put a wear preventative layer on the thumb left side of picture which is still there, in the middle of the pict you can see the thumb/forefinger joint where 2 different colors of material are joined under an old layer of AQS, the AQS has held up so well that the rest of the glove has fallen apart on eitehr side of the seam repair in the middle

i still wear these to tour up and change them out for a less holy glove at the top, all the ventilation is good !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dakine.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	785.6 KB 
ID:	306389

XXX-er awesome, thank you. I'll give it a try with some backing and see what I get. I really like the gloves but the thumb/palm spacing was a bit too tight and the split happened buckling tight boots.

I think thats ^^ what happens when you buy your gloves too small

that Dakine in the pict was a medium and it split

now I buy Large even tho large is slightly big

They were gifted, very thoughtfully from a friend, and not much I could do...