Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    YT just bumped up the price of the Tues AL Comp to $3299. Big price jump.
    Did you see the vital review of 4or 5 27.5 dh bikes? Get the Unno . Maybe get 2 so you’ll have a daily driver and a race bike

YT just bumped up the price of the Tues AL Comp to $3299. Big price jump.
    But they introduce Tues Al Base. The big drawback with Al Base is the Boxxer RC but it can be upgraded with Charger 2 damper which is on the cheaper side of the spectrum (or an Avi damper which is not that cheap).

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    But they introduce Tues Al Base. The big drawback with Al Base is the Boxxer RC but it can be upgraded with Charger 2 damper which is on the cheaper side of the spectrum (or an Avi damper which is not that cheap).
    Yes, but the Tues Al Base with the Boxxer is actually more expensive now I think than what the model with the Fox40 was. So YT doesn't have as much value now.
    Last edited by freerideskiing; 01-09-2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: typo

Yes, but the Tues Al Base with the Boxxer is actually more expensive now I think that what the model with the Fox40 was. So YT doesn't have as much value now.
    At least in EU the Tues Al Base is 200euro cheaper that the one with Fox 40 was. A charger 2 upgrade is less than that.

Unno FTW!

Re-pricing - I wonder how much the glorious trade disputes and worsened exchange rates (or fear of / factoring in of potential worsening) plays into the increased prices. Canyon has had the same development over time, with prices becoming higher over the years. Though to be fair, the higher end bikes remain priced roughly the same (price increase of 100eur on the capra pro race though). Can't wait to see the updated Jeffsy!

To be honest - that Vital Test Session Video had me super duper pumped to go downhill bike riding this summer. My plan was to sell my dh bikes focusing primarily on my trail/enduro bike intstead, but that video def postponed that plan A bit odd that the Tues CF was left out of the test though. Oh well.

There was some good riding footy in the vids. Tester was no slouch. I’ll probably buy a used 26” that’s been collecting dust for dirtcheap and call it a day

yeah, that is a pretty good option as well. I've been trying to sell two well specced 26er bikes for quite some time now for a whole lot less than I paid for them: a Makulu and a DHR - both in medium with Bos suspension, carbon hoops, DT/CK hubs and the works, both in excellent condition. The 26er market is beyond shit, at least over here in Euroland - so getting rediculous value is kinda par for the course.

Just to illustrate: Med stock Turner DHR w/ CK hub/Derby rims, Bos RaRe fork, CCDB shock and the works - only quality parts.
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-01-09 kl. 11.29.46.png
Views: 621
Size:  707.9 KB

Cous Cous aka the owner of Unitedride's old frame - a custom slacker/lower medium Makulu in medium with DT240s/Enve m90s, Bos RaRe fork etc etc aka only quality parts. Rails turns like it is going out of fashion.
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-01-09 kl. 11.30.00.png
Views: 540
Size:  721.3 KB

Both currently listed at approx 1700 usd. Pretty good value imo

Couple of lookers there. Very nice . Still beyond my pay grade for what I’m after. If I had those I’d keep them or atleast one. I prefer 26 for a park bike. Local ski hill is opening for bikes next year so something might have to happen

26ers are pretty magical for bike park schenanigans for sure. I am a bit surprised that they haven't sold to be honest since both offers lots and lots better performance than lower end 27.5s, but oh well - any day now eh

I have considered keeping both (one is mine, one is my brother's, but I manage/maintain the bikes), but want similar reach on my DH and trail/enduro bike - so so far the 27.5 are staying put. But for sure, the sensible thing would be to sell the 27.5ers and keep these.

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    Doesn't the 2019 Boxxer RC have a Charger 1.0 damper (i.e the previous one that was on the Team/WC fork on the old chasis)? Of course the Charger 2 is nicer with HSC/LSC and design improvements, but the 1.0 was pretty good... not garbage like the old Motion Control on the Domain/old RC.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Doesn't the 2019 Boxxer RC have a Charger 1.0 damper (i.e the previous one that was on the Team/WC fork on the old chasis)? Of course the Charger 2 is nicer with HSC/LSC and design improvements, but the 1.0 was pretty good... not garbage like the old Motion Control on the Domain/old RC.
    Nope.
    2019 DebonAir RC comes with a new damper. The call it Charger RC but it is quite different from Charger 1 which I rather liked before moving to Avalanche which I LOVE. The new Charger RC seems to be similar to Marzo 350/380 RC or Fox GRIP cartridge - self bleeding / spring pressurized IFP. It might be nice but without having seen its guts I would guess that it would be cheaply made - basic shimstack, probably plastic piston, etc.. There isn't enough information yet.

Edit: Just checked SRAM Service manual and the compression adjustment seems to be orifice based - couldn't see shimstack there.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fe63179ed4.png
    Last edited by aanev; 01-10-2019 at 12:31 AM. Reason: new info

Anyone know if Canfield is coming out with a new version of the Jedi?

Canfield is done son

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Canfield is done son
    What happened?

Ya also curious. Good company . Good bikes. Parts too. Really like their pedals

Any word on canfield?

Any word on canfield?
    They’ve always been good responding to emails. Maybe give it a try

I'm curious, is there any place selling a discounted "build kit" of wheelset/fork/drivetrain minus frame, as the frame only supreme 29 is $1700?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    all the aforementioned bikes are very, very good bikes - with a few different pros and cons. The OP is wanting a HP bike, and the two obvious contenders are is the Commencal and Norco's take on a similar design. Both Pinkbike and Vital have reviews on both (I think). I would not get either, but then again - I am not the OP

While the entry of 29-dh bikes were introduced with fanfare saying how much faster those bikes are, it still seems like that is a truth with some modification - mostly based on personal preference and course design where no definitive answer has yet been demonstrated. Lots of straights with big holes - sure, 29er HPs will do very well there. More turns and more active braking - horst link 27.5s like the Tues or Sender does that very, very well. Smaller lighter rider? 27.5 are perhaps your best bet. Loftier rider? 29ers seem like a better fit. Both designs work very, very well. That being said - I think a lot of companies have yet to perfect their 29er to the same degree as their 27.5 bikes - for instance Trek's Session has been getting mediocre reviews stating it is harsh and insensitive.

Obviously, owning both a Sender and Tues I am a bit biased. I would def buy them again. I am very price and kinematics focused, and prefering 27.5 wheels those two are the best designs on the market - especially give bang for buck. I also think both YT and Canyon have a better track record at quality assurance than Commencal - if perhaps not as of late, then at least historically.

I have never tried a high pivot bike. However, it is not readily apparent to me that the rear wheels ability to move up and back is worth trade off with the increase in wheelbase length during heavy cornering or HP-designs excessive brake squat. Then again, if you know how and when to brake, a bit of brake squat can be a good thing (also what makes current link driven single pivot designs to perform very, very well). However, if you are not up to race pace then a progressive horst link bike with a good anti squat values / pedal feedback balance could be an easier way to race pace exibiting many of the same characteristics to eat up terrain.

Dollar for dollar there are very few bikes that can really compete with a Tues CF. That does not make it the best bike for everybody out there. We are lucky in that there are many truly awe inspiring bikes out there nowadays. Personally I prefer the geo of the Supreme over the Aurum, and I seem to remeber most reviews favoring the Supreme of the two as well. I do not have access to the kinematic graphs for the Aurum or the Fury, so hard to compare the three.

Luckily for the OP there is a wealth of good reviews online for all of the aforementioned bikes, so I am sure he will do what is right for him - and get a stellar bike to boot.
    I saw some heresay about pivot bearing issues on the Supreme29. Has anyone else heard about the issues?

I saw some heresay about pivot bearing issues on the Supreme29. Has anyone else heard about the issues?
    You’ll want to double check but I think they made the bearings/pivot bigger diameter in the latest model(18’s).

Anyone have any thoughts on how the Commencal compares to the Zerode G2/2.5?

What happened?
    Supposedly they were going to add carbon frames, spent a large amount of capital on it, then the production batch came out flawed and fucked them over. It's unclear whether they're going to be back.

Also, if folks haven't seen it, there was a 29in DH bike comparison review on Pinkbike yesterday. They don't do everything (the Zerode isn't in there), but they do a reasonable comparison of 5 bikes.

As a relatively new and relatively unskilled DH rider, I don't think I'd want a 29in DH bike even though I'm pretty tall. I don't care about racing, so the extra few seconds they bring don't matter to me and so I wouldn't be willing to give up the more playful feel to get it. The 29er DH bikes now sound like they are pretty much pure race machines. I almost bought a 27.5 DH bike the other day and I'd consider one of the really long travel enduro bikes (including the 29ers) as sufficient for what I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Supposedly they were going to add carbon frames, spent a large amount of capital on it, then the production batch came out flawed and fucked them over. It's unclear whether they're going to be back.

Also, if folks haven't seen it, there was a 29in DH bike comparison review on Pinkbike yesterday. They don't do everything (the Zerode isn't in there), but they do a reasonable comparison of 5 bikes.

As a relatively new and relatively unskilled DH rider, I don't think I'd want a 29in DH bike even though I'm pretty tall. I don't care about racing, so the extra few seconds they bring don't matter to me and so I wouldn't be willing to give up the more playful feel to get it. The 29er DH bikes now sound like they are pretty much pure race machines. I almost bought a 27.5 DH bike the other day and I'd consider one of the really long travel enduro bikes (including the 29ers) as sufficient for what I ride.
    Thoughts on the m29?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thoughts on the m29?
    So sexy. As are the Commencal and Norco Aurum.

It's why I keep thinking "Well, I'm 6'3" almost 200 geared up, the fit would probably work for me" even though I know that I do not need an actual race bike. Really I just want something that will be a bit more forgiving than my Bronson when I'm riding lifts (and spare that bike from the abuse). But the heart always has dangerous desires...

Tough to know without riding one. Not actually having to ride bikes can save you an incredible amount of time.