Kingpin and Nordica strider compatibility issues

Just had a client come into the shop and his nordica striders won’t step into his kingpins. You have to lift up the toe lever to engage the pins. He had the rib soles on and said it was even worse with the rocketed soles on. The rubber interfered with the pin arms.

I only got to look for a minute but it appeared as if the boot wouldn’t depress the springs and engage the pins. If you stepped down hard enough to depress the springs, the pins would engage higher than the tech fittings.

Any thoughts or experience with this. Brand new kingpin 13

Trim some sole with a razor blade?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Trim some sole with a razor blade?
    On the unrockered sole it seems like there isn’t enough sole to push down the binding while lining the pins up with the inserts.

I'm guessing the sides of the sole (under the sockets) are hitting the wings, preventing the center of the sole from pushing the down on the springs and closing the wings. Solution is to trim just enough sole material from the sides to allow the center to make contact and close the wings. This is not uncommon.

Just bought a pair of striders over Christmas. I'm skiing dynafit ft12's.

I had a lot of trouble clipping in the first few times. What I found was I had to step down to get the arms to start popping in, and then step up slightly so they would seat correctly.

Once I did this I had no issues, and I've put 4 days on them since.

Sent from my moto x4 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Just bought a pair of striders over Christmas. I'm skiing dynafit ft12's.

I had a lot of trouble clipping in the first few times. What I found was I had to step down to get the arms to start popping in, and then step up slightly so they would seat correctly.

Once I did this I had no issues, and I've put 4 days on them since.

That's such a pain in the ass solution.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm guessing the sides of the sole (under the sockets) are hitting the wings, preventing the center of the sole from pushing the down on the springs and closing the wings. Solution is to trim just enough sole material from the sides to allow the center to make contact and close the wings. This is not uncommon.
    I will pass this along. However, his inserts will still be too low by the time the sole makes contact in the centre. I feel like it would be best to build up the sole right where it makes contact with the centre of the binding. As sketchy as that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    That's such a pain in the ass solution.
    Actually not bad once I got used to it. After clicking the toe I always move the ski forward and back anyways (heard it helps them "seat" better and remove snow/ice buildup in the toe piece. Not sure if there's any truth to that), so lifting my foot is part of my normal procedure anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.