Page 41 of 239 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 5958
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgovernor View Post
    Pretty rad Moment shot in the Patagonia snow catalogue...are these Chipotle Bananas? Skier is Carston Oliver so my guess is yes
    Attachment 304955
    Those are Wildcats.

@Melee I was chatting with Maxwell the other day and he was saying you all might bring back the Ghost Trains on the reserve menu this year. Is that a possibility? I've always wanted that ski or a fatter Deathwish.

So last spring I got a few days on my Wildcat 108’s and liked them a lot, but was anxious to try them on proper cold winter snow. Just spent the last three days at Mammoth, ranging from wind buff and chalk to 18” of fresh powder, and now I’m just completely stoked on them. So versatile - somehow they’re both super playful but can also charge hard through chopped up snow. They make me want to pop off every little feature I can find. And nice and light so they’re easy to swing around in tight spaces. These are my new daily drivers and travel ski without question.

Well played, Moment. Fan boy status confirmed and I just got some PB&J’s as well, so looking forward to trying those out too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1472.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	305428
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Wildcat 108

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So last spring I got a few days on my Wildcat 108’s and liked them a lot, but was anxious to try them on proper cold winter snow. Just spent the last three days at Mammoth, ranging from wind buff and chalk to 18” of fresh powder, and now I’m just completely stoked on them. So versatile - somehow they’re both super playful but can also charge hard through chopped up snow. They make me want to pop off every little feature I can find. And nice and light so they’re easy to swing around in tight spaces. These are my new daily drivers and travel ski without question.

Well played, Moment. Fan boy status confirmed and I just got some PB&J’s as well, so looking forward to trying those out too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1472.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	305428
    Hey! I’m wanting to pull the trigger on these! Wondering what your height/weight is and what size you went with? I’m 6ft 180lbs and cant decide if I should go 184 or 190? Any help is appreciated! Ski in Western Canada btw

I’m 5’ 11” / 185 pounds and on the 184. I was worried they’d feel a little short (my powder skis are 190) but I also wanted them to be quick in the trees. No regrets with the shorter length, but doubt you can go wrong either way.

Wildcat 108

Thanks! These will be my powski/daily driver so I’m leaning 190! I hope these are better than my soon to be ex-ski ( BC Atris 189)

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    Thanks! These will be my powski/daily driver so I’m leaning 190! I hope these are better than my soon to be ex-ski ( BC Atris 189)
    Ha, I bought these to replace my Atris. I love BC Nocta’s but never quite clicked with the Atris the same way.

Chipotle Bananas don’t suck. At all. I’m pretty sure they’re my new favorite soft snow ski.

Haha crazy. They’re a fun ski but didn’t live up to the hype. Did you ski the 189? Also how did you find the WC108 compared to the Atris. The Atris was great for me in everything except tight trees and steeps and the pivot wasn’t what I thought it would be. My other ski is the Vantage from Atomic also a 189 and I had no problem with that one in the tightest/steepest runs so I don’t think it was a question of length.

Haha crazy. They’re a fun ski but didn’t live up to the hype. Did you ski the 189? Also how did you find the WC108 compared to the Atris. The Atris was great for me in everything except tight trees and steeps and the pivot wasn’t what I thought it would be. My other ski is the Vantage from Atomic also a 189 and I had no problem with that one in the tightest/steepest runs so I don’t think it was a question of length.
    I had the Atris in 184 as well, so good head to head comparison. They were fine skis, but not quite as playful as I would have liked, and also pretty easy to reach their speed limit (jack of all trades, master of none, I suppose... like a lot of daily driver type skis). Strangely, the WC 108 is both more playful and can charge harder... they must just suit my skiing style, I think because you can really drive the tips whereas with the Atris you need to stay more centered.

Hey! I’m wanting to pull the trigger on these! Wondering what your height/weight is and what size you went with? I’m 6ft 180lbs and cant decide if I should go 184 or 190? Any help is appreciated! Ski in Western Canada btw
    5'9" 155lbs, after much waffling, went 190. Only have a few days on them, but so far, don't regret it. They hand flex stiffer than I'd expected, but they're pretty manageable for the length. Stable at speed, but still pretty dang easy to shut down. They're a bit poppier and less damp than I'd expected, which so far I'm ok with.

Wait until you see next year's graphics...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Wait until you see next year's graphics...
    I've heard rumors as well! HYPE

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    5'9" 155lbs, after much waffling, went 190. Only have a few days on them, but so far, don't regret it. They hand flex stiffer than I'd expected, but they're pretty manageable for the length. Stable at speed, but still pretty dang easy to shut down. They're a bit poppier and less damp than I'd expected, which so far I'm ok with.
    Thanks! How do you find them in steep trees and moguls?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I had the Atris in 184 as well, so good head to head comparison. They were fine skis, but not quite as playful as I would have liked, and also pretty easy to reach their speed limit (jack of all trades, master of none, I suppose... like a lot of daily driver type skis). Strangely, the WC 108 is both more playful and can charge harder... they must just suit my skiing style, I think because you can really drive the tips whereas with the Atris you need to stay more centered.
    Any issues from your perspective in steep moguls and tight trees?

Thanks! How do you find them in steep trees and moguls?
    Haven't had a ton of time yet in those situations, but thought they were fine in some moderate moguls. I'm sure the 184's would be easier, but I certainly wouldn't call the 190's difficult.

Any issues from your perspective in steep moguls and tight trees?
    Nope - they're light so easy to swing around and have some pop for quick turns.

Thanks for the help guys. Going to put in my order tonight. Look forward to taking these out for a rip!!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That's good to hear. 6'1 165lbs and went with the 190. Stoked they'll be here Wednesday.

I've also heard some rumors of a possible Ghost Train remake.

Boo-choo-choo...

Finally got to properly test my new Wildcat Tour 108's in some decent snow, and this is the most intuitive ski I've been on since I first tried my Billygoats. So much fun. Loose and playful, yet really stable at speed making high speed GS turns. Punches way above its low weight, and so light and easy going on the skin track. As many have said, they make me want to hit every little feature I come across. And I'm no jibber by any stretch of the imagination.

Super stoked!

Is there a Maggot discount code?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Finally got to properly test my new Wildcat Tour 108's in some decent snow, and this is the most intuitive ski I've been on since I first tried my Billygoats. So much fun. Loose and playful, yet really stable at speed making high speed GS turns. Punches way above its low weight, and so light and easy going on the skin track. As many have said, they make me want to hit every little feature I come across. And I'm no jibber by any stretch of the imagination.

Super stoked!
    This is great to hear. I have the exact same setup as you (WCT108 + Zeds) but haven't taken it out on any laps yet. Considering my resort ski is the 184 Bibby, I'm stoked to hear it's intuitive and sounds like it skis very similarly to its wider and heavier older brother.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    This is great to hear. I have the exact same setup as you (WCT108 + Zeds) but haven't taken it out on any laps yet. Considering my resort ski is the 184 Bibby, I'm stoked to hear it's intuitive and sounds like it skis very similarly to its wider and heavier older brother.
    Sweet! I'm betting you'll love them, especially since you're already skiing the bigger resort brother. Zed's are a perfect match for these IMO. 2200 grams with brakes in 184 lenght is pretty damn respectable for a ski of this caliber.

You guys on the 108 tours; mounted on recommended? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums