Page 146 of 159 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3956
  1. #3626
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post

    I don’t know why I even own other skis?
    How I feel about CMD 108s. Though they did lead to one other positive purchase (CMD 118s), I've also sold almost everything else in my quiver.

  2. #3627
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    151
    10 weeks post L5-S1 microdiscectomy. Went for a leisurely stroll on the Sunnyside lift at Alta and had a blast on these. I'm amazed at how easy they are to pivot at slow speeds while still being locked in on edge at speed. I think I'll be speding a lot of time on these in the future.
    Name:  DW3.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  149.1 KBName:  DW4.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  75.8 KB

  3. #3628
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    10 weeks post L5-S1 microdiscectomy. Went for a leisurely stroll on the Sunnyside lift at Alta and had a blast on these. I'm amazed at how easy they are to pivot at slow speeds while still being locked in on edge at speed. I think I'll be speding a lot of time on these in the future.
    Name:  DW3.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  149.1 KBName:  DW4.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  75.8 KB
    I am on the fence to sell my Wildcat and buy these.

  4. #3629
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev3rgreen View Post
    How are these for extended tours? I have a brand new pair this years Wildcat and Wildcat Tour (gifted), considering selling the Wildcat and putting the Cast/Pivot 15 on the WC108 or regular WC to make the quiver a little more versatile.
    The JUICE??

  5. #3630
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    I am on the fence to sell my Wildcat and buy these.
    thats what I did. I thought this would pair better with my protest.

  6. #3631
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    thats what I did. I thought this would pair better with my protest.

    Unfortunately I don't ski enough powder to justify these beauty in a 2 ski quiver. Squaw/Palisade is usually tracked out within 30min and I don't think that I need something this wide. I think that a Deathwish / Wildcat 108 / Rustler 11 could be a better fit. I posted a feeler in the gear swap, we will see.

    Edit: I spotted a Deathwish 190cm from 19/20 for 300$ on sidelineswap. Too long for me but I am sure that some people around might be interested.

  7. #3632
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,035
    Emerged from the depths just two nights past, they are prepared to do my bidding.


  8. #3633
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Chicken Coop, Seattle
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    Unfortunately I don't ski enough powder to justify these beauty in a 2 ski quiver. Squaw/Palisade is usually tracked out within 30min and I don't think that I need something this wide. I think that a Deathwish / Wildcat 108 / Rustler 11 could be a better fit. I posted a feeler in the gear swap, we will see.

    Edit: I spotted a Deathwish 190cm from 19/20 for 300$ on sidelineswap. Too long for me but I am sure that some people around might be interested.
    Sigh. Why do I read this thread when shit like this pops up? I donít need theseÖbutÖ

    Yeah. I donít need these
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

  9. #3634
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Evergreen Co
    Posts
    694
    I looked and theyíre sold if that helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Sigh. Why do I read this thread when shit like this pops up? I donít need theseÖbutÖ

    Yeah. I donít need these

  10. #3635
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    380
    Interesting to me about slimming down the quiver. My Wasatch in bounds quiver is DW112 and new vintage Ghost Train. I've been had first gen c98s and never felt like they were more fun than a dw. I was having a chairlift conversation that my next pow ski will be a full fat Wildcat because I've never been on a ski that's more fun in tracked out pow. Different styles different styles I guess.

    It should be noted this is coming from a person who is on their third pair of deathwishs, and used to think prior to the deathwish a 190 bibby with dukes was a great all around ski inbounds and uphill. I guess I have evolved somewhat as out of bounds I'm on Wildcat tour and voyagers.

  11. #3636
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I looked and they’re sold if that helps.
    I asked the seller for more photos and they have a bunch of botched mounts. At least 2.5 mounts...

  12. #3637
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Interesting to me about slimming down the quiver. My Wasatch in bounds quiver is DW112 and new vintage Ghost Train. I've been had first gen c98s and never felt like they were more fun than a dw. I was having a chairlift conversation that my next pow ski will be a full fat Wildcat because I've never been on a ski that's more fun in tracked out pow. Different styles different styles I guess.

    It should be noted this is coming from a person who is on their third pair of deathwishs, and used to think prior to the deathwish a 190 bibby with dukes was a great all around ski inbounds and uphill. I guess I have evolved somewhat as out of bounds I'm on Wildcat tour and voyagers.
    Would have preferred my C98s over the DWs (my travel ski) I skied at Snowbird and Brighton last weekend...

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  13. #3638
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Would have preferred my C98s over the DWs (my travel ski) I skied at Snowbird and Brighton last weekend...

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Interesting as a fan boy to the max I wanted to love the c98 but the more forward mount point of the DW and WC seem to be more fun for me. I kinda view the dw as two skis in one, large arcs when driven and super slash able when for upright. I'm sure I'd like a WC 101 or DW104 more than a commander.

  14. #3639
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    Has anyone skied the 2011ish 196 Bibby Specials? I found an old Blister review of a pre-production pair, but it sounded like there were some planned changes for production. Anyone ski these? Particularly interested in how stable and damp they feel...

  15. #3640
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by deeds View Post
    Has anyone skied the 2011ish 196 Bibby Specials? I found an old Blister review of a pre-production pair, but it sounded like there were some planned changes for production. Anyone ski these? Particularly interested in how stable and damp they feel...
    Are these the ones that became the original Governor?

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  16. #3641
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    843
    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #3642
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Are these the ones that became the original Governor?

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

    Iím not quite sure, hereís the old Blister post on them: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-bibby-special

    Sounded like they had some some weird behavior with the tails that was getting addressed in the production version.

  18. #3643
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    82
    Trigger pulled on a DWT with Voyager 12ís.

    Got tired of going back and forth on replacing my touring skis. Never skied a TC ski, but thisíll be my.. 4th pair of moments?

    Stoked.

  19. #3644
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Chicken Coop, Seattle
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Trigger pulled on a DWT with Voyager 12ís.

    Got tired of going back and forth on replacing my touring skis. Never skied a TC ski, but thisíll be my.. 4th pair of moments?

    Stoked.
    Congrats. You wonít go back and forth anymore.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

  20. #3645
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    385
    I have skied a number of moment skis over the last 10 plus years. Love bibby/wildcats. Currently own tour version, meridians and meridian tours. Finally mounted up a pair of dw in 184 on da line. Even in low tide conditions I can tell this is my new favorite ski. Havenít clicked with a pair of skis so quickly since Lhasa pows way back. It is a much better hard pack skis with triple camber and very surfy playful feel. Not sure what took so long.
    Last edited by roverdoc; 01-22-2022 at 07:26 PM.

  21. #3646
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    10 weeks post L5-S1 microdiscectomy. Went for a leisurely stroll on the Sunnyside lift at Alta and had a blast on these. I'm amazed at how easy they are to pivot at slow speeds while still being locked in on edge at speed. I think I'll be speding a lot of time on these in the future.
    Name:  DW3.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  149.1 KBName:  DW4.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  75.8 KB
    Good to see my OGs are back in style. Still havenít killed them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642905236.839703.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	402412

  22. #3647
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by deeds View Post
    Has anyone skied the 2011ish 196 Bibby Specials? I found an old Blister review of a pre-production pair, but it sounded like there were some planned changes for production. Anyone ski these? Particularly interested in how stable and damp they feel...
    Sounds like they're the same. I really like em for Big Sky, where you can really let skis run. They're stable due to their sheer size, but I'd say they have a very friendly flex pattern. Honestly they carve pretty well for a big ski too.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  23. #3648
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    411
    Governors

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  24. #3649
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    385
    Hells yeah!

  25. #3650
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Sounds like they're the same. I really like em for Big Sky, where you can really let skis run. They're stable due to their sheer size, but I'd say they have a very friendly flex pattern. Honestly they carve pretty well for a big ski too.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, this is helpful

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •