Page 40 of 242 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 6026
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    How different is this years Commander 108 than last year? Is the tip rise just slightly higher than last year or is it pretty significant? Also how much more does it weigh?
    I would be interested in this as well, looking at these and the wc 108 for this season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am quite interested in this.

How different is this years Commander 108 than last year? Is the tip rise just slightly higher than last year or is it pretty significant? Also how much more does it weigh?
    As someone who loved last years Commander 108, also interested in this plus a real world comparison of the WC 108 vs Comm 108.

Weights:

18/19 Commander 108
    178 - 8.52lbs/3.86kg (pair)
    188 - 8.90lbs/4.03kg (pair)

19/20 Commander 108
    178 - 8.99lbs/4.07kg (pair)
    188 - 9.50lbs/4.31kg (pair)

For the 19/20 model we changed the way we organize the materials in the laminate stack along with adding some biaxial fiberglass in certain locations and veil.

Beyond just added weight to the skis these materials allowed us to dial in rocker lines. The tip shape is now more defined, slightly more overall tip rocker and a slightly lower tail.

Pretty certain Luke called me out on the Blister podcast for being “an Eastern guy on a forum who runs wild tune angles on their CMD98’s”

I heard that and thought “this must be a TGR person”.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Pretty certain Luke called me out on the Blister podcast for being “an Eastern guy on a forum who runs wild tune angles on their CMD98’s”
    I left that more interested in the commander but also way more interested in the new ‘heavy’ blister Pro. I have wildcats that I like... but I just don’t love in variable snow. My vote would be for a version with metal...

It doesn’t make sense but for a limited release it would be really cool.

Melee, thanks for the info on the commander. I am going to keep my eye on it. I am interested in it and the wren 108. I am assuming blister will be putting out a review later this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help me out folks --

Having trouble deciding on Commander 98, 108, or WC 108. Currently have a pair of '18 Belfontes. Love em, want to get close to those. Fast, decently long radius, pretty stiff.

Wouldn't mind a little thinner because I now have a dedicated pow ski (Nordica Enforcer Pros) which is why I'm considering and leaning towards the 98 commander. Need a ski for maching land bridge with 4 turns but also being able to hit bailey's cirque and kima's paw in the same day a couple runs from each other. Belafontes are great for this if maybe a tiny bit wide which is why I'm not sure I want the extra 2mm underfoot. They were my every-day-no-matter-the-conditions ski and were great at that but if it snows more than a foot or so the Nordicas are coming out. I have a racing background.

I rode on 98mm underfoot 179cm seth viciouses for 8 years before getting into the belafontes for background.. not super comparable to these though. I now ride skis 180cm+ exclusively.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by jahoney View Post
    Help me out folks --

Having trouble deciding on Commander 98, 108, or WC 108. Currently have a pair of '18 Belfontes. Love em, want to get close to those. Fast, decently long radius, pretty stiff.

Wouldn't mind a little thinner because I now have a dedicated pow ski (Nordica Enforcer Pros) which is why I'm considering and leaning towards the 98 commander. Need a ski for maching land bridge with 4 turns but also being able to hit bailey's cirque and kima's paw in the same day a couple runs from each other. Belafontes are great for this if maybe a tiny bit wide which is why I'm not sure I want the extra 2mm underfoot. They were my every-day-no-matter-the-conditions ski and were great at that but if it snows more than a foot or so the Nordicas are coming out. I have a racing background.

I rode on 98mm underfoot 179cm seth viciouses for 8 years before getting into the belafontes for background.. not super comparable to these though. I now ride skis 180cm+ exclusively.

What do you think?
    Definitely the Commander 98 or 108.

Personally, I like a wider ski...especially if I am off piste.

I need to replace my old beat up JJ’s. I am looking at a JJ ultralight (my old, beat up knees match the old JJ’s well...)
    What ski in the Moment line would give me a similar carve/slarve ratio?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I need to replace my old beat up JJ’s. I am looking at a JJ ultralight (my old, beat up knees match the old JJ’s well...)
    What ski in the Moment line would give me a similar carve/slarve ratio?
    Thanks.
    The Wildcat or Wildcat Tour are going to be the most similar to the JJ ultralight.

That being said the Armada site makes zero sense. For the weight it just says "1700g". Is that for one ski? A pair? What length?

So its hard to compare apples and apples on weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    That being said the Armada site makes zero sense.
    That's because the JJUL is in the Zero Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Definitely the Commander 98 or 108.

Personally, I like a wider ski...especially if I am off piste.
    Yeah i'm leaning towards 108s.. now the question is 188 or 194

The 185 JJ’s are 2,250 g ea.
    The 185 JJ UL’s are 1,700 g ea.

My Quixote’s are 2,200 g ea. I want to go lighter.

Will you be doing demo’s at the Wood again this year?

Armada's site info is indeed ridiculous. But I got a 185 JJ UL on the scale last year and it was in the 1760 range. Basically the same as the Atomic BC 120. But the JJ UL is also way softer than the regular JJ, and much, much less damp than it.

If you want light and easy, but still want your ski to hold up in less than perfect snow, at more than geriatric speeds, go Wildcat Tour 116.

Mounted my first pair of Moments with Zed's today. Stunning build quality and beautiful finish! Can't wait to try these babies out. 2200 grams with brakes. In my world that's pretty damn light.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wildcat108Tour.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	304089

Not set demo dates yet.

You can always come to the factory in Reno and demo skis for free.

What is everyone’s thoughts on taking the wildcat 184 tour on relatively bigger days, like 5k vertical? I’m considering it for a Japan touring stick.

I don't see any reason why not--it's quite a light ski. I have a super light volcano ski but then use the Wildcat Tour for everything else.

There are a few similarly fat pow touring skis that are slightly lighter, but my impression without skiing anything else is that the Wildcat Tour is more manageable in less deep and less than perfect snow than the lighter options.

I saw from your other thread that you're >200 pounds with gear, so you better get the 190s for float.

I think that weight of ski would be perfectly acceptable for a 5k foot day with the right binding but it depends on your situation.

For people touring less than 3x per week it’s likely better to not focus on saving 100grams here or there but focus on getting 1-2 extra days of cardio per week and you’ll be substantially faster.

If you’re already training heavily and can’t quite get your fitness where it needs to meet an objective try dropping to a lighter ski... but those moments are already really light...

Moment Skis Discussion

I’m training pretty regularly, right now. Climbing about 3K at least 3-4 days a week, and also skiing groomer days at the Big to ready myself.

I guess, I just don’t have a reference at how heavy these skis are. I’ve never really weighed any of my touring skis, just enjoyed a few models that were marketed as touring friendly.

I’m interested in a shorter and fatter 184cm wildcat due to the terrain in Hokkaido. A 190cm ski seems a bit excessive for touring in Japan, but maybe I’m just not seeing the light?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    What is everyone’s thoughts on taking the wildcat 184 tour on relatively bigger days, like 5k vertical? I’m considering it for a Japan touring stick.

That was my main touring ski last year. I'm slow and not in great shape, and did plenty of 5k vert days. Totally reasonable.

If your reference point is a rando race ski, they'll feel heavy. If your reference point is dukes on some inbounds ski, they'll feel super light. Which seems like a happy medium to me.

190/Tecton setup is awesome. I second the “get the 190” opinion above. Ski is just not particularly demanding.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Pretty rad Moment shot in the Patagonia snow catalogue...are these Chipotle Bananas? Skier is Carston Oliver so my guess is yes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MomentSkis.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	304955

Wildcat I think; bases look like last season’s design