Page 55 of 239 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 5958
    Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Any of you taken the wildcat tour layups for laps inbounds?

I did some laps on my 108 tours and they RIP. SO MUCH FUN. Idk if I like them better than my Bibbys yet or not, not quite as chargy, but damn were they playful. I'm very excited to take them back out. 10/10 would ride again.
    I use my 190 WC108 Tour with shifts as my narrow travel ski. They work really well for that as long as I’m not on ice.

They have a bit of a speed limit but honestly it’s a reasonably high one.

With the benefit of hindsight, for my use profile I’d probably have gone regular core or lighter binding but I’m still a skin track JONG.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Totally. I’ve got 184cm WC108 Tours with Tectons that I’m winding up using a surprising amount on lift serviced days. While I’m a fan of skis with a lot of top end, they’re fast becoming my go to ski when I’m not looking to charge, or have tired legs or sore knees. I could totally see some skiers getting along with these as 100% lift served skis, they’re that good.
    Yeah I have mine mounted with ATKs and I am stunned with how fun they are. It's quickly becoming my favorite ski. Damn I didn't expect that at all.

I will definitely start recommending this ski to people as an inbounds option, for sure.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Yeah I have mine mounted with ATKs and I am stunned with how fun they are. It's quickly becoming my favorite ski. Damn I didn't expect that at all.

I will definitely start recommending this ski to people as an inbounds option, for sure.
    ^This. Got out on my 108 Tour/shift setup this morning for the first time this year. So much damn fun on these things!

Moment demo at my hill. Did not get to ski any though. Skis look good and good stoke and vibe from the crew.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    The Moment Bibby Pro (184/190) and then Blister Pro are all basically the same. Then the Wildcat is the same shape but lightened up at some point. You are correct on the more tapered powder oriented Bibby years. I think the Blister Pro popped up in the 14/15 season though. The powder ones were 186/192 lengths. And I think the very first one was different too and just offered in 186. So if you're looking at 184/190 skis you have a Bibby Pro.
    Anyone have any time on the 192 Bibby? Found a pair a the local shop for a pretty sweet price. Don’t need them at all but was considering picking up and trying em out for a day or two but would most likely just keep the binders and sell them here flat. Any thoughts? I’d sell em super cheap obviously but would anyone buy them? Are they good enough to warrant just keeping? In good shape, one core shot repaired (mid ski, no where near an edge).
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

First day on my Wildcat 184s on some warm manky pow / variable melted - not the best of conditions to try out what will ultimately be my powder ski in a 3-ski quiver. I was happy with how composed they were through the untracked mank, and how quick they were in the variable, skied-off stuff in the trees. They were surprisingly intuitive right off the bat, and my usually centered stance on all the low-angle stuff at my mountain seemed to work well on them. On my way off the mountain I straight-lined them down one of the steeper groomers here and they were composed the whole way down.

I was most surprised at how different they felt ("ski feel") from previous skis I've been on recently - Black Crows Atris and Anima. They just seem very... composed and planted in comparison. I haven't skied a ski that feels like this before (but I haven't skied many skis to be honest). But when I did fling them around to double bumps or fly off lips, they seemed perfectly happy getting off the ground and I could really feel their lightness in the air. They feel way lighter and smaller than the 116 underfoot and 184 length would otherwise suggest (I'm 155 pounds, 5'10" for reference) - I'm not worried at all about traveling to Canada next week with only these in the ski bag.

The Wildcat 108 tour was one of my choices. Anyone that has ridden it inbounds is the difference in dampness really that noticeable? I'm 5'5 155lbs I wonder if this could work as a inbounds ski as well for me? Could you still charge or would you back off a bit compared to non tour version?

I have skied both versions of the 118 wildcat and the deathwish.

There is a substantial difference. For 50-50 use I would go normal core in the 174cm.

70% touring 30% resort use... still normal core.

80-20 depends on your fitness.

90-10 touring core.

I currently have Deathwish tours that I LOVE touring but really struggle with at the resort. The normal versions are pretty darn light and perform much better going down.

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    The Wildcat 108 tour was one of my choices. Anyone that has ridden it inbounds is the difference in dampness really that noticeable? I'm 5'5 155lbs I wonder if this could work as a inbounds ski as well for me? Could you still charge or would you back off a bit compared to non tour version?

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    I own both the WC 108 and the tour version, and have tried the tours inbounds. Yes the difference is absolutely noticeable. However I have 25-30 pounds on you so it would probably be less so for you. But you’d still be able to tell... the regular layup is already pretty light.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I own the 116 Bibby and the WCT108.

70% resort? Alpine core.
    Anything near 50/50? Touring core. At 174cm for your height (kick turns will be easier at this length than 184).

The touring core rocks. I love it inbounds.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Can't decide on whether to go for the 190 or 184 wildcats, I'm 6' and 168lbs. Plan to mount some shifts on them and use 70% in bounds and 30% side country/touring. My other ski is 184 Line SFB.

184 would be better for kick turns etc but would like some extra ski in front of me for deep days. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by landovance View Post
    Can't decide on whether to go for the 190 or 184 wildcats, I'm 6' and 168lbs. Plan to mount some shifts on them and use 70% in bounds and 30% side country/touring. My other ski is 184 Line SFB.

184 would be better for kick turns etc but would like some extra ski in front of me for deep days. Any advice?
    Depends on terrain you usually ski and a type of skier you are. At 5'10 and 160lbs I tried both 184 and 190, sold the 190 as they were too demanding for my taste. But I can easily imagine that a powerful skier with racing background same size as me will go with 190 all day long

I can see why you're torn. For touring I'd definitely want the 184's but since this is also going to be used not only inbounds but also on deep pow days, I'd want the 190's. (I have the 184's and they handle deeper snow fine, but if I didn't have a dedicated pow ski I'd want them longer)

I own the 116 Bibby and the WCT108.

70% resort? Alpine core.
    Anything near 50/50? Touring core. At 174cm for your height (kick turns will be easier at this length than 184).

The touring core rocks. I love it inbounds.

Yeah most likely it will turn out to be a 70/30 with shift bindings. Thanks for the reassurance, was kind of worried that the 174 might be a little long for me. This is the first time ill be paying for full price on skis.

Great stoke from the demo team at PowMow last weekend!
    Had a great time getting some of my friends to drink the Moment Kool-Aid. Smiles and laughs all around all day long.

Thanks Moment!

I am just about the exact same size and own a pair of older heavy Bibby 190’s. Have never wanted them to be shorter

I'm trying to work my nose butter game (and not having much success) on 188 PBJs. Are they too stiff, or do I just suck?

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    I'm trying to work my nose butter game (and not having much success) on 188 PBJs. Are they too stiff, or do I just suck?
    In my experience on the 172 cm, it was a bit stiff for nose buttering. Although I am not much of a freestyle skier but it was a little bit tough for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    Too stiff.

You should sell them to me and buy the Frankenskis instead.

I bought a pair of Wildcat 190s a couple of months ago and got them out on a 6" and a 12" day at Alta recently for their first two days.

Both days, for the first few runs, I had a difficult time adjusting to a much more forward mount point than I'm used to and often felt like I was going to go over the bars when hitting some deeper snow (mounted them with Pivots on the recommended line). After 3 or so runs, I was able to adjust my stance to ski them more centered, but still had that feeling that I needed to be cautious about going over the bars, and at times skied with my weight a little too far back.

My other softer snow skis right now are Stockli Stormrider 95s and Line Supernatural 108s, both of which I love, and both of which have a more traditional mount point. Maybe that suits my skiing better?

Has anyone moved the mount back on their Wildcats? I generally liked them when I was skiing centered and balanced, but that going over the bars feeling wasn't great. I'm trying to figure out if I just need some time to adjust and it will go away, whether I should move the mount back, or whether another ski is going to be a better fit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
    I bought a pair of Wildcat 190s a couple of months ago and got them out on a 6" and a 12" day at Alta recently for their first two days.

Both days, for the first few runs, I had a difficult time adjusting to a much more forward mount point than I'm used to and often felt like I was going to go over the bars when hitting some deeper snow (mounted them with Pivots on the recommended line). After 3 or so runs, I was able to adjust my stance to ski them more centered, but still had that feeling that I needed to be cautious about going over the bars, and at times skied with my weight a little too far back.

My other softer snow skis right now are Stockli Stormrider 95s and Line Supernatural 108s, both of which I love, and both of which have a more traditional mount point. Maybe that suits my skiing better?

Has anyone moved the mount back on their Wildcats? I generally liked them when I was skiing centered and balanced, but that going over the bars feeling wasn't great. I'm trying to figure out if I just need some time to adjust and it will go away, whether I should move the mount back, or whether another ski is going to be a better fit for me.
    Give them at least a few more days to get used to the centered feel. If you still don't like the mount then think about moving it back

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Some 19/20 Deathwish stoke from MLK weekend...

Putting it here before GS - 187 meridians for sale. 2018-19 edition, one mount for salomon wardens, not sure of exact mount but fit my 317 very easily and close to if not on the line. One edge repair right where the edge ends at the base - done at the moment factory and now not noticeable. Comes with the wardens. $275 plus shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post

Give it a few days on the mountain. I was skiing a more directional skis when I bought the Pb&j (similar construction and shape to the wildcat but narrower 101mm) first few days I was getting a bit frustrated but literally couple of weekends ago it clicked and I just had a ton of fun on them. It takes a little bit getting used to sometimes especially if you used to ski more traditional/directional skis.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Putting it here before GS - 187 meridians for sale. 2018-19 edition, one mount for salomon wardens, not sure of exact mount but fit my 317 very easily and close to if not on the line. One edge repair right where the edge ends at the base - done at the moment factory and now not noticeable. Comes with the wardens. $275 plus shipping?
    PM sent

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk