Page 14 of 239 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    ^ this.

For its width in today's industry, the Bibby is not a very tapered ski, and for that reason doesn't ski as surfy as something like the 192 gpo. I dare say it's a big part of why it's so good in chop/crud, too
    I agree that the difference in rocker is probably why the Bibby is looser than the DW as both have fairly similar taper. But to take the taper argument to more of an extreme, the Bibby and Billy Goat have very similar rocker lines, and the Billy Goats are way looser than the Bibbys as they have much more dramatic taper (and RES). IMO it's also why the Billy Goat is better in heavy deep chop because it's less hooky than the Bibbys because of the taper/RES. Both have the required stiffness for the tips to bust through crud too. It's all a balance though to achieve the goals of each different ski.

19/20 WILDCAT 108s ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!

https://www.momentskis.com/products/wildcat-108

Giving TGR the first stab at them. Not promoting on social media or email for at least 24hrs.

Shipping 4/5-4/12

We are only planning on making 75 pairs to start so act fast to secure those delivery dates.

Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fucking fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I'll let you guys know how the 190 is

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

Giving TGR the first stab at them. Not promoting on social media or email for at least 24hrs.

Shipping 4/5-4/12

We are only planning on making 75 pairs to start so act fast to secure those delivery dates.
    Done. You guys are awesome. Dibs on the heaviest pair of 190s that come out of the press

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am furiously shaking my couch cushions

Along the lines of the current convo...

I have 190 Bibby’s and I’ve been wanting to learn how to butter. It’s a little lame but I would love to be able to do nose butters. I weigh 160lbs and I’m struggling to learn on the current setup.

I would love to add some wildcat 108’s but I’m wondering if ski will to stiff for butters... or maybe my form is just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

Shipping 4/5-4/12

... and there will be legions of rabbid fans. That is all.

Quick take on the regular wildcat 108 proto In 190 mounted with shifts. This is one of the best skis I’ve been on in ten years. Runs damp and remains strong through the entire turn. Not a lot of camber, yet has good pop. For me, at least, it is a what a modern charger should be, stable playful and powerful. Prefers to be driven through the tips, can be skied from the center as well. Weight is around 2160g/ski, with shift 3025g/ski.

Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Quick take on the regular wildcat 108 proto In 190 mounted with shifts. This is one of the best skis I’ve been on in ten years. Runs damp and remains strong through the entire turn. Not a lot of camber, yet has good pop. For me, at least, it is a what a modern charger should be, stable playful and powerful. Prefers to be driven through the tips, can be skied from the center as well. Weight is around 2160g/ski, with shift 3025g/ski.

If you are not my neighbor is it still a sin to covet your skis? Pretty sure it don't say nuthin in the bible about that. Must be OK then

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I was actually thinking about this during a long tour exit yesterday. My favorite skis have always been in this 110-114 waist, (Jeffery 114, Deathwish, Shreditor 112) and the Deathwish is by far my favorite of the bunch. But I personally didn't jive with the Bibby/Wildcat as well as apparently everyone else on the internet, so I went back to the Deathwish. I was asking myself "would I dig a Wildcat that came out of a Deathwish mold, or a Deathwish that came out of a Wildcat mold? I really don't know, although I'd assume Moment has played with wider triple camber skis?

But, for me, the question is sort of moot, I lost nothing by going to triple camber, and gained a lot of grip and maneuverability. I think I would still love the Deathwish with a more traditional profile, but I'm not sure it would be my favorite ski anymore. Have you skied triple camber? If you haven't I'd really recommend it, before paying a bunch to get a ski without it.

On a sorta related note, I've now retired my old Deathwishes twice, and just brought them back to life for the third time. I have a new pair, with Pivots for inbounds, but every tour I went on, I missed them. So I dug my 6 year old, custom painted, beat to shit pair out of the garage, drilled a third set of holes in them, cut some divots so these stupid pomocca skins stay on them, and have been touring on them for the last few weeks. They make me SO excited for the Tour 112. Been skiing everything from blower pow to scraped out steepness and they handle it all so predictably. Once I've got my inbounds DW with Pivots, and the tour layup with Vipecs I can die a happy man.
    Cy so you’ve stopped touring on the BC120 w Shifts like in your blister review?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Balls.
    & cunt

Ugh. Is it realistic to have the 108s in the same quiver as the OG Bibby/Wildcat?

Last time I had a 108 ski (Line SN 108) it got phased out as the Bibby/Wildcat is so good a day or two after a storm.

Man Wildcat 108 and Woodsman might be a tough choice for me as my non-pow day ski. That Wildcat 108 proto has a bit more rocker than I expected though.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    Ugh. Is it realistic to have the 108s in the same quiver as the OG Bibby/Wildcat?
    Don't ask stupid questions. N+1

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    This is how you end up with Bibbys, two pairs of Deathwishes, Lhasa Pows and Protests.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Of course of course. Why I didn’t think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    Did you mean unrealistic? Because it’s pretty realistic

I think the WC108 is on everyone’s board now.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    This is how you end up with Bibbys, two pairs of Deathwishes, Lhasa Pows and Protests.
    Yup. I'm at 2 Bibbys, 1 Deathwish, 1 Tahoe, and a whole bunch of non-Moments. Wildcat 108 and Deathwish Tour will likely join the herd soon enough.

Moment Skis Discussion

Straight pull 186ish? Looking at these replacing my 186 SN108s, more confirmation bias required
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    Straight pull 186ish? Looking at these replacing my 186 SN108s, more confirmation bias required
    Cheers

Straight pull 188 and a couple tenths.

Mounted at -100 from tip or -6 from center. Would not go back.

Rocker profile same as wildcat 118 perhaps less camber makes the rocket line look deeper. Melee correct me if I’m wrong.

Straight pull 188 and a couple tenths.

Mounted at -100 from tip or -6 from center. Would not go back.

Rocker profile same as wildcat 118 perhaps less camber makes the rocket line look deeper. Melee correct me if I’m wrong.
    The 108 goes in the classic Bibby/Wildcat mold.

That being said different materials can affect the camber. In the case of the Wildcat 108 the Ash has a tendency to reduce camber, but since its skinnier than its 116/118 counterpart it counteracts this with an increase in camber.

I can get you guys a measurement but its pretty damn close to the standard Wildcat 116/118

Wildcat 108 and bibby next to each other. Looks the same to me.