Page 90 of 241 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 6015
    Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post

Summary/TLDR: The WC 108 is a really fun ski but I always felt that it's performance bandwidth was in that 5CM to 20CM range and after that it felt a bit inadequate. The OG WC is built for 10CM to 50CM+ and was definitely stronger as a resort pow ski given how well it performed in the chop with the increased Dampness/Stability. And if you really don't care about groomer performance at all then I would say that the OG WC is the way to go for a "daily driver/one ski quiver" for anyone in a high snow area.
    So glad to hear that the Bibby/WC is back to true form with that new core. Thanks for the review and stoke!

Bobcat- at that size no reason not to go 190 inbounds - super easy to throw around. If I want to rage I want a dw rather than wc108

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Bobcat- at that size no reason not to go 190 inbounds - super easy to throw around. If I want to rage I want a dw rather than wc108

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Huh?

I already have the skis. 190. I was curious about mount point given the discussion with the DWT tour. I'm tempted to go -1 from the mount line given I do like to drive the skis a bit.

^^ i can't read. continue

I had my first day on my 190cm DWTs with Voyagers today.

I'm so, so stoked on the setup. It was also my first day in new touring boots (Zero G Scouts). That's a lot of variables to figure out in a day, but everything worked beautifully together and the skis clicked with me on the first run.

It was a dust on crust day at Targhee. Maybe 4-5 inches on top of suncrust and ice that was setting up as crud in places. There was just enough to float in untracked snow in windblown places.

The DWTs performed way better than any setup as light as they are should perform. Tripple camber felt 100% intuitive and worked very well, holding an edge into the manky, icy shit that was underneath everything. They also did extremely well in the crud, busting through piles of stuff when on edge and floating over anything where I was in a more neutral stance. I honestly couldn't believe how well they plowed through stuff.

As for the voyagers, they are awesome. They feel nice and elastic and have excellent power transfer into the skis. They are easy to click into and out of and performed flawlessly for downhill skiing today. I'm excited to get them out touring once we have a bit more snow. Between the DWTs and the voyagers I was very impressed with the suspension and ride of a setup so lightweight.

Finally, I had been wondering how the length of the 190cm DWTs would feel. I'm 195 lbs and I'm very happy to have gone with this length. They rip and can hold an edge really well for carving and it is extremely easy to get them sideways and pivot as needed. I mounted on the line and they feel awesome. There is more than enough ski in front of me to drive them as hard as I want, but they also pivot very easily.

Well done, Moment! Thanks for making such awesome skis and thanks for the Voyagers as well. I can't wait to get the DWTs out touring. I'm also very intrigued about the regular Deathwishes. Presumably, they are like a damper, harder charging DWT? I'd love to try them at some point.

Kevo that's awesome.

Can't wait to try mine out. The Voyagers are a thing of beauty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I had my first day on my 190cm DWTs with Voyagers today.

I'm so, so stoked on the setup. It was also my first day in new touring boots (Zero G Scouts). That's a lot of variables to figure out in a day, but everything worked beautifully together and the skis clicked with me on the first run.

It was a dust on crust day at Targhee. Maybe 4-5 inches on top of suncrust and ice that was setting up as crud in places. There was just enough to float in untracked snow in windblown places.

The DWTs performed way better than any setup as light as they are should perform. Tripple camber felt 100% intuitive and worked very well, holding an edge into the manky, icy shit that was underneath everything. They also did extremely well in the crud, busting through piles of stuff when on edge and floating over anything where I was in a more neutral stance. I honestly couldn't believe how well they plowed through stuff.

As for the voyagers, they are awesome. They feel nice and elastic and have excellent power transfer into the skis. They are easy to click into and out of and performed flawlessly for downhill skiing today. I'm excited to get them out touring once we have a bit more snow. Between the DWTs and the voyagers I was very impressed with the suspension and ride of a setup so lightweight.

Finally, I had been wondering how the length of the 190cm DWTs would feel. I'm 195 lbs and I'm very happy to have gone with this length. They rip and can hold an edge really well for carving and it is extremely easy to get them sideways and pivot as needed. I mounted on the line and they feel awesome. There is more than enough ski in front of me to drive them as hard as I want, but they also pivot very easily.

Well done, Moment! Thanks for making such awesome skis and thanks for the Voyagers as well. I can't wait to get the DWTs out touring. I'm also very intrigued about the regular Deathwishes. Presumably, they are like a damper, harder charging DWT? I'd love to try them at some point.
    Pics of the setup or it doesn’t exist
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I'm also very intrigued about the regular Deathwishes. Presumably, they are like a damper, harder charging DWT? I'd love to try them at some point.
    Yes, I think that is an accurate presumption.

Loved my DWTs so much even on resort I had to get the regular DW this season - today was day 3 on them and they are definite my new front country daily driver.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIydPGcl...=1c189oab43h53

Moment Deathwish Tour is a blessed ski!
    I only made 1 tour, but I had the same consistant feeling as on my Ghostrain. In light snow seems to float and accelerate better.
    I mount them -1cm behind, vipec, Sportiva Vega. Perfect balance in term of angle.

Joli

Ah ça fait plaisir ! En francais en plus!

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Pics of the setup or it doesn’t exist
    Lol, fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201216_021131862-01.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	616.5 KB 
ID:	353059

Lol, fine.

Name:	PXL_20201216_021131862-01.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	616.5 KB 
ID:	353059
    I work at a shop that sells Moments and this is currently the dream touring setup of everyone working here. Props.

That DW tour topsheet might be my favorite moment graphic ever. Epic setup.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I work at a shop that sells Moments and this is currently the dream touring setup of everyone working here. Props.
    Thanks, I'm a huge fan after two days on them.

Don't let dreams be dreams.

Moment Skis Discussion

Find myself wishing for a deathcat 101 w/ a tour core.

Is that a $1500 wish?

Edit: or maybe just do the praxis “-1” thing where the dwt is 102 underfoot.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Name:	Image1608099656.930391.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	353092

18 hours after delivery, they were playing with old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    That DW tour topsheet might be my favorite moment graphic ever. Epic setup.
    The DWT topsheet is so awesome

Ok here’s a dumb question.

I’m wanting a reverse camber ski for bc. Around a 105-108mm waist. Was looking at Ravens.

Likely putting Salomon MTN bindings on....so don’t need the ski to be super light. Not touring super far. Mellow turns in low aspect terrain.

Anyone had any experience with skins on the regular Moment Meridians with the slanted tips/tails. I just bought a pair of last years 181cms.

Any recs on which skin would work best is appreciated? I currently have BCA skins with a tip loop and single tail strap. Do I gotta notch the shit out of them. Or is it a dumb idea?

I've considered doing one of the options listed below for my Meridians, throwing Cast on there and converting it to a travel ski.

Option 1: Splitboard tail clip similar to this - https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/SS/235146_BLK_1?$600$

Option 2: Cut a small, flat notch into the tail where your skin clip would sit. There isn't any wood around this area, so as long as you're confident with tools it should be a fairly easy job.

I bought a pair of the G3 Twin Tip Connectors and they worked well. I did trim the tail of the skin a little differently so the connector lined up a little better.

20/21 Deathwish 190cm review:

Pretty much the same feel as last season's model with slightly stiffer feel over all. Mounted +2 with Salomon 920 all metal warriors as usual. These things just rail wide-stance GS turns with ease on the firmest piste I could find. Its my feeling that most people do not realize how well this ski performs on groomers. Looking forward to some variable conditions this weekend but ultimately feel similar to last years ski.

Name:	IMG_4044.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	353194

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    20/21 Deathwish 190cm review:

Pretty much the same feel as last season's model with slightly stiffer feel over all. Mounted +2 with Salomon 920 all metal warriors as usual. These things just rail wide-stance GS turns with ease on the firmest piste I could find. Its my feeling that most people do not realize how well this ski performs on groomers. Looking forward to some variable conditions this weekend but ultimately feel similar to last years ski.

Name:	IMG_4044.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	353194
    This pleases me. Mine are mounted up and I aim to get my first day on them tomorrow in what is sure to be a spicy storm day in the PNWet. Although I mounted mine 1cm aft of the recommended line.

When it comes to Deathwish vs Wildcat 108 & 101, which is the best on groomers and firmer snow? Just wondering how hard triple camber punches?

Name:	PXL_20201217_004743151.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	353286

I thought I would post a quiver pic just because. The two on the right are the old man's 178 DW and the Lady's sticks. To the above poster the DW > Wildcat 108 on groomers. I haven't been on a wildcat 101 or PB&J.