Page 80 of 239 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 5958
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Decreased ramp is more in line with high end alpine bindings like the Pivot 18. It puts you in a better stance for freeride skiing which allows for a more natural athletic position providing more power and easier pivoting while on wider rockered skis.

There are only pros to skiing with the freeride spacer, it eliminates heel gap for constant ski to boot interface and widens contact with ski for superior power transmission and retention.. Some would argue that there is a weight penalty but its insanely light. You have to take the binding complete off to remove the spacer, its integrated. I don't know why anyone would mount the binding without it...
    I see. Thanks for the explanation!

Does anyone know if the mount point for the PBJ moved over the years? I'm playing swiss cheese with some 2014 182s, and trying to decide if I should go forward or back of the recommended (reusing 50% of the holes). Blister makes it seem like it moved back 1 CM over time, so leaning towards back.

Just call/virtual chat with the guys at Moment, they’ll help you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Does anyone know if the mount point for the PBJ moved over the years? I'm playing swiss cheese with some 2014 182s, and trying to decide if I should go forward or back of the recommended (reusing 50% of the holes). Blister makes it seem like it moved back 1 CM over time, so leaning towards back.
    It's never changed. Blister must have made a mistake.

Just dropping in to say "HELL YEAH" on the Voyager 14. Fixes the only two things I didn't want in an ATK -- an overseas retailer AND the ramp angle. Guess I am going to have to order one up!

melee, I think I saw you say it's $645 in the ATK thread - is that with a discount code? Looks like 699 on the website.

Thanks...
    sproing!

Easy enough, thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Just dropping in to say "HELL YEAH" on the Voyager 14. Fixes the only two things I didn't want in an ATK -- an overseas retailer AND the ramp angle. Guess I am going to have to order one up!

melee, I think I saw you say it's $645 in the ATK thread - is that with a discount code? Looks like 699 on the website.

Thanks...
    Glad you are stoked!

They are $699.

We don't have any discount codes or anything like that associated with this binding or any of our products until after winter.

Anyone who has skied the WildCat or WildCatTour in the past and switched to the deathwish? Thoughts?

Fast delivery to Europe as I receive my Deathwish Tour after 1 week. The decks are beautiful with a well balanced tip and tail rise. My concern is the amount of camber (8.4mm) underfoot which is far more from announced (5.4mm) and expected. I will try it with vipec and then decide if it stay or leave.

Sent from my MI 8 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Anyone who has skied the WildCat or WildCatTour in the past and switched to the deathwish? Thoughts?
    I have skied both 100 plus days. Last year I skied the DW as a DD and this year added the Wildcat Tour to the fleet. I have previously owned Bibbys and an earlier vintage of the DW. All of my experience is with the 190 lengths.

I think Moment does a good job of describing them. For me the DW with shifts is the ultimate I ski quiver. It is the best daily driver for me in Utah. It's fun on hard pack and triple camber really gives it an advantage over the Wildcat there. The DW is more versatile for me. Obviously if we have a 2 foot day there are better skis like the Wildcat, and I will still have a great time. I think the new DW charges almost as hard as the fat cat. The Wildcat as a DD will wear you out at 118 hence the Wildcat 108. It's not a terrible Utah DD and once I purchased my first pair of DW to me the Wildcat wasn't my number one ski anymore. I am happy to answer any specifics from my perspective if you have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I have skied both 100 plus days. Last year I skied the DW as a DD and this year added the Wildcat Tour to the fleet. I have previously owned Bibbys and an earlier vintage of the DW. All of my experience is with the 190 lengths.

I think Moment does a good job of describing them. For me the DW with shifts is the ultimate I ski quiver. It is the best daily driver for me in Utah. It's fun on hard pack and triple camber really gives it an advantage over the Wildcat there. The DW is more versatile for me. Obviously if we have a 2 foot day there are better skis like the Wildcat, and I will still have a great time. I think the new DW charges almost as hard as the fat cat. The Wildcat as a DD will wear you out at 118 hence the Wildcat 108. It's not a terrible Utah DD and once I purchased my first pair of DW to me the Wildcat wasn't my number one ski anymore. I am happy to answer any specifics from my perspective if you have questions.
    I'm stoked to hear about the performance of the DW on hard snow. I have the wild cats and thought they handled AZ hard pack better than my Kartel 96s. I was hoping the DW/shift could cover me for just about every AZ day. We get erratic snowfall, high winds, and lots of freeze/thaw.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Touring set up 1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	613.9 KB 
ID:	344222

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I'm stoked to hear about the performance of the DW on hard snow. I have the wild cats and thought they handled AZ hard pack better than my Kartel 96s. I was hoping the DW/shift could cover me for just about every AZ day. We get erratic snowfall, high winds, and lots of freeze/thaw.Click image for larger version. 

I've had kartel 108s for the one season I was without a deathwish...I sold the kartels and bought the new DW. I loved the kartels in the spring slush and that was about it. Great skis that just didn't cover enough bases for me. I have those same DW and bindings and love the combo. Besides a Northeast blue ice day, I know any conditions that I will see I will have a good time. That includes skiing uphill or riding lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post

Nice setup! Saving my pennies for exactly the same kit...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Moment Skis Discussion

Choosing my Pivots for the C98’s tonight.....hhmm...lots of choices. Leaning towards P15 Forza 2.0 or P15 Raw

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0174.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	344240

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	344250

Name:	IMG_0182.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	344251
    Last edited by BC.; 10-20-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Name:  F75BFE8C-E1BA-4513-B5EC-516792250DB0.jpeg
Views: 1204
Size:  219.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Choosing my Pivots for the C98’s tonight.....hhmm...lots of choices. Leaning towards P15 Forza 2.0 or P15 Raw

Had (and sold, don't ask ) both in P18 last season and in person the Forza 2.0 is ugly as the day is long (in a good way)... Let your freak flag fly!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Yup. Skied both (bibby and bibby tour), made the switch. Similar AF. DW is better on firm snow. DW is more switch and park friendly. DW is easier to manage in bumps. In chop, the WC planes a little better. They are Really similar in pow. I can rage a little more on the WC in deep snow with the slightly more traditional mount, but...they are both excellent.

DW is just a little more fun.

Wet heavy snow, both are inferior to the billy goat.

Especially fond of the tour layup. Stability to weight ratio blew my mind.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

The new P15 forza is VERY pink FYI. The online picks lean to purple - tis not. Tis pink (also w purple). Go raw on that or the a blue shift if you are going to one-ski quiver that ho.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Yup. Skied both (bibby and bibby tour), made the switch. Similar AF. DW is better on firm snow. DW is more switch and park friendly. DW is easier to manage in bumps. In chop, the WC planes a little better. They are Really similar in pow. I can rage a little more on the WC in deep snow with the slightly more traditional mount, but...they are both excellent.

I'm so stoked on my new DWT. I feel silly that I debated for as long as I did

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post

I'm looking for a touring ski, just need to commit to one.

I committed to the DW 190 (would have happily gone 184, but I nabbed a screaming deal on blems in the longer size). I toured mostly on WC 190s last year. Loved it, but wanted something skinnier and more planted underfoot for March and later conditions.

Kept the shimmed tectons.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I'm looking for a lightweight touring setup for the Tetons. After lots of research, I was thinking I'd go with WCTs, but then I read Cy's review of the DWTs.

My understanding after a lot of reading is that the DWTs will perform better on hardpack and the WCTs will perhaps float a little better. Is that accurate? I'm leaning towards the DWTs because I feel like that they may be more versatile for touring in non-blower conditions.

Also, I'm 5'11'' and 190 lbs without gear. Should I consider the 184 CM or 190 CM length?

Kevo,
    I’m 5’10” and hangout around 200lb. I skied the 184 WC tour a couple seasons ago and was fine. I’m leaning towards going back to the WC over deathwish as I have other skis for less pow specific days.

The WCT 108's are fine on hardpack and are my touring daily driver as they perform well in a variety of conditions. They're very quick edge to edge. I'm 5' 11" / 185 pounds - I'm on the 184's. I'd say they're more of a logical comparison to the DWT's than the regular WC Tours based on width underfoot.

No idea if it would sell, but it'd be dope to see a true touring version of the commander in the future -- something like a commander 95 in 183 with a bit of titanal, >20m radius, lower tail rocker, <1700g.