Page 158 of 242 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 6026
    Went out for a tour yesterday on my DWT184s. I know it’s repeatedly said here on TGR to always mount at the line because of the triple camber.

However, I had a hole conflict at the mark, so I ended up back about 1cm, and honestly these have never skied as well as they did yesterday. No tip dive issues, still slashy and fun as hell, more stability letting them run.

So I guess don’t be afraid to play around with mount point if you don’t initially get along with them. (I did get Moments blessing for the change, it was ~ 1cm back or .5 forward and they said either would be totally fine)

FWIW, on the OG DW my fave spot is -1cm.

On my DW104 I like them on the line.

Both have demo binders so I could experiment a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Went out for a tour yesterday on my DWT184s. I know it’s repeatedly said here on TGR to always mount at the line because of the triple camber.

However, I had a hole conflict at the mark, so I ended up back about 1cm, and honestly these have never skied as well as they did yesterday. No tip dive issues, still slashy and fun as hell, more stability letting them run.

So I guess don’t be afraid to play around with mount point if you don’t initially get along with them. (I did get Moments blessing for the change, it was ~ 1cm back or .5 forward and they said either would be totally fine)
    I have 19/20 DWT 190s mounted OTL and I always feel too forward.

I have 20/21 DW 190s OTL and they are my absolute favorite ski I’ve ever owned.

I wonder if the lighter core has something to do with it.

And I swear by both the DW and the DWT one in front of the line. I really wouldn't worry about mounting most skis 1 cm forward or back from the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Interesting. The WC is so much more ski than the DW. Interesting that for the narrow variants, the WC108 is softer than the DW104. I'm intrigued by the idea of a softer WC...

I have the WC, DW and DW104 and the DWT.

WC is definitely the most damp and is the stiffest of the four. It busts through crud and is the most stable at speed. It generally wants to be skied faster than the DW. It pivots easily, but requires more energy than the DW to bend into a tighter than sidecut turn radius.

DW is the softest and the easiest to ski in tight places. It's the most maneuverable of the three. It pivots even easier than the WC and effortlessly contorts into whatever turn shape you want to make. Not a noodle, but has a speed limit for me (200lbs) in crud. It's the most forgiving of the three.

DWT is a less damp and lighter DW.

DW 104 is a stiffer, more narrow DW. I'd also say slightly less damp. It is more stable at speed for me than the DW and a lot lighter. It carves better and stays locked on an edge better that the DW. It's also more stable at speed than the the DW- I haven't found a speed limit. It needs to be driven a little more than the DW in tight spots.
    I have OG Bibby's and DW104. Also had WC108 for 1 season before swapping for the DW104. Your impression of the DW vs. WC is how I felt about DW104 vs. WC108 - the DW104 was easier to ski and more forgiving. Not sure why my impression is so different from the official Moment view though.

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    I have 19/20 DWT 190s mounted OTL and I always feel too forward.

I have 20/21 DW 190s OTL and they are my absolute favorite ski I’ve ever owned.

I wonder if the lighter core has something to do with it.
    Maybe it's the binding delta being higher on the DWT? What clamps are you using on each?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

I also really like -1. Both my Deathwish skis and my DWTs are mounted this way. When I converted my older pair of Deathwish to rock skis, I changed bindings and went on the line. I feel I need to concentrate more on having a centered stance on the line.

It's probably a reflection on my skill/technique/style, but the DW is my favorite ski....at the -1 mount point.

Honestly, I can't see a centimeter making much of a difference to the triple camber either.

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Maybe it's the binding delta being higher on the DWT? What clamps are you using on each?

I would bet binding Delta plays a huge part here

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post

This makes sense

DWT - Atomic Shifts

DW - Pivot 15s

Quote Originally Posted by fk View Post
    I have OG Bibby's and DW104. Also had WC108 for 1 season before swapping for the DW104. Your impression of the DW vs. WC is how I felt about DW104 vs. WC108 - the DW104 was easier to ski and more forgiving. Not sure why my impression is so different from the official Moment view though.
    This makes me really curious about the DW104. How does it do on firmer snow compared with the WC108?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    This makes me really curious about the DW104. How does it do on firmer snow compared with the WC108?
    Much better edgehold than the wc108.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    And I swear by both the DW and the DWT one in front of the line. I really wouldn't worry about mounting most skis 1 cm forward or back from the line.
    Same. I think it's money there.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Much better edgehold than the wc108.
    Can confirm.

Anyone else on the DWT ever feel like they are a little too grippy on steeper stuff sometimes?

Maybe I just need to get better at doing this from a skill standpoint, but my only complaint is sometimes I want them to be a bit more drifty when I am in a chute sometimes.

I find they want to track across the fall line sometimes when I'm would like them to smear and skid down it a bit
    Anyone else find this with the DWT/DW

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Anyone else on the DWT ever feel like they are a little too grippy on steeper stuff sometimes?

Maybe I just need to get better at doing this from a skill standpoint, but my only complaint is sometimes I want them to be a bit more drifty when I am in a chute sometimes.

I find they want to track across the fall line sometimes when I'm would like them to smear and skid down it a bit
    Might sound weird or even worse on TGR - like bad skiing, but get off the front of your boot. Smearing only works if you're centered. Once you are, it works extremely well because of the flat/reverse camber spot underfoot.
    You could also detune the cambered section closest to center, but that's the source of all your grip, so I wouldn't want to do that.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Might sound weird or even worse on TGR - like bad skiing, but get off the front of your boot. Smearing only works if you're centered. Once you are, it works extremely well because of the flat/reverse camber spot underfoot.
    You could also detune the cambered section closest to center, but that's the source of all your grip, so I wouldn't want to do that.
    Well I figured it was more me than an issue with the ski so this kinda makes sense, but I'm also not into the front of my boots too much.

Might just have to detune towards the ends more

You want the WC108 as your replacement. It's basically a driftier DWT with less grip. I say as an owner of DW104, WC108Tour, DW, and OG Bibby.

A more forward mount can also help here.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You want the WC108 as your replacement. It's basically a driftier DWT with less grip. I say as an owner of DW104, WC108Tour, DW, and OG Bibby.
    You ski the same length on all of those?

Comis in their natural environment
    Valdez

Detune the tails (maybe the tips) and see if you still feel this way. But I liked my WC108 in pretty much everything so if your budget allows catch and release for the maggot collective.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You ski the same length on all of those?
    Yes. Though if I could I'd upsize my DW and Bibby to 190s. But when I bought them they were cheap AF and I was a worse skier.

Yes. Though if I could I'd upsize my DW and Bibby to 190s. But when I bought them they were cheap AF and I was a worse skier.
    Nice, indirectly answered what I was wondering

I have DW DWT and WC118 all 190, but was thinking going shorter on DW104 or WC108T

I detuned the tips of my DW further past the contact point, and felt like it made the tips less prone to catch and go across the fall line. There's way more effective edge up there than in the tails.

Tails are totally fine, release so easily.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Nice, indirectly answered what I was wondering

I have DW DWT and WC118 all 190, but was thinking going shorter on DW104 or WC108T
    For me it's a matter of use case/having too many skis. When I'm on Bibby it's usually a bigger day and I'm not skiing a lot of bumps or trees. Similar with Deathwish though it is also my early season/rockish ski. When i'm on DW104 I'm mostly patrolling which means bumps/trees/sleds and rarely full-rage skiing. I don't ski hard enough in the backcountry to merit the weight / hassle of a 190.